It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Fallout - The Survivor Chronicles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Yes, titorite is working on some basic background stuff right now, but I believe that it is for the characters I have already put up. I suppose you could do the workup on the character from the Army.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Wow, that is a huge coincidence - lol. I'm actually stationed in South Korea at the moment, getting ready to go to Germany in a few weeks.

I was Hood from 03 - 07 (2 years of which I was in Iraq)

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Oh man, I got a hold of a combat bottle of Soju one time at Ft. Bliss from the class VI....man, that was insane! I was slated for Germany, but I was put into a special weapons testing unit....that's how I ended up at White Sands and Holloman AFB. I was in from 87-90...SPC/E-4

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I was thinking Brandon age 22, Lake Age 26 and Jenna 18..

Makes a nice 4 year spacing between each.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
alright Because I am super hyper eager to get this ball rolling I have launched the opening story post. Just a bit of prologue. I figure start with about years worth of backround... building through the months or season ...You know Winter/ dec, Spring, march etc etc. Then The BIG Event with much focus on the event and then After math writing.

MF_ Luder I would Suggest your latter idea of the Military being mobilized but not deployed until after wards... Like they expected something but ...I mean why would the military enact martial law with out an excuse? AFTER the Bombs drop I could Totally see them being SUPER UBER HARSH. Like worse than Katrina Harsh... You know, like instead of tackling the 74 year old who declares her gun during door to door gun confiscation they just shoot her in the head instead in this context. Why take chances right?

Seeing that kind of post Martial law mentality would send MANY into desertion I should think.

As for who would launch the Nukes?

I would say China. via pre placed packages sent over here in those millions of shipping containers we get everyday. OR even better They use their own microchips that is already in the majority of our military hard ware and hack our unhackable systems with the RFID in their chips... then they use our own nukes against us.

Maybe France , India and Israel can retaliate on our behalf...

But I say China... It is just a statistical fact that they have 10 to 15 men for every one woman... They will have to expand or die. That mean pushing out into the south pacific and maybe into Austriala as they cant go into India.. Too many people there already.. and they got nukes too..

Anyways China beats the war drums in say mid to late 2014. The begin their invasion of the south pacific .. we come to Taiwans aid and Austrialas aid... They Nuke us before we can really get involved. We use our SDI on them M.A.D. takes ahold and then enter recovery mode...

Thoughts?

[edit on 12-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Guys...just want to make sure that everyone that writes on the story observes the guidelines and rules of ATS. Please adhere to them at all times so that the story can continue. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have added some ages and names to the list here:

Main Character (male):Lake Smith age 26
His girlfriend:Harley Loveless age 25
His Father:Sterling Smith age 50
His Mother:Lana Smith age 49
His Brother:Brandon Smith age 22
His Sister:Jenna Smith age 18

Co-workers / Friends

His Boss (female):River Phoenix age 35
Male:Hunter Lopez age 24
Male:Santiago Ruiz age 25
Female:Kyra Tice age 27
Female:Willow Jennings age 26

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Okay, so far we have most of the main characters in play. They have gone through their family Christmas dinner and have all gone back to El Paso. I think from this point we should show some of their day to day lives. that way we can go ahead and start bringing in the secondary characters (friends/co-workers), AND we can use this to start building up to the nuclear event. I like the whole 'news' interjection into the story, kind of like the character is watching his world news on the tube. We can do some reports on the tube, and get Brandon going with some of the ATS stuff. Maybe Brandon can have a local ATS group that he collaborates with....maybe some of them have really good sources. That could play really well into the storyline. What do you think?

[edit on 13-9-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ahhh Yes.... Now this is how I like it. It looked Excellent! Now this is the type of collaborative writing I am accustom to... Granted I only once worked with another before but we did pump out over a hundred pages of a work that never got published and was eventually destroyed by ex-girlfriends LOL Live and learn.

Anyways I liked where it went... and I never would of thought of sending in Jenna like that... wow.

So now that the christmas dinner is finished where to next?

New Years eve party at the Job? And what kind of Job? I was kinda thinking Ace Hardware but that could of just as easily been a friend or source... Lake can still work anywhere... You said something mediocre... I was hopeing it would be something other than wal-mart or fast food. Maybe gas station or lumber yard or... Construction or contracting?

Just wondering..cause he needs a job right?
Does harly work or go to school?

And we still have not settled on the nukes... Do they come from Iran Venezula, china... But I think that can still wait as we are still doing back story....

I like the idea of a sudden news injection... Like one moment its their daily life thing and next thing you know we interrupt your daily show to bring you this breaking news.. Or would it be the EAS system?... hmmm I do not know.

Also The Marfia lights provides a lot of opportunity for brandon to collaborate with other ATSers...

I really REALLY liked the direction you took the story... I Can't wait to see the next contribution...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow....thanks for the compliment! I think this story will be one of the best out there, and that will be hard because there are sooooo many that are great!

So, yes, I think on to New Years Eve and beyond that into the year. of course we can fast forward, I just want to make sure that we get enough in there about all the characters so that the reader will have a feel for all of them....that way they will be able to relate better to the characters later in the story.

LOL....when you wrote Ace....that was the first thing I though of. That's cool he can work at Ace....or, how about we have a contractor come in and offer him a job (since Lake has been so knowledgeable and full of common sense). Say, a contractor doing sub work for a defense contract on base maybe?? At White Sands? That way his brother will be bugging him all the time for crazy pieces of info! it would make for a hilarious part of the story!

I am still at a loss for where the nuke will be worked in. Do we want it to look as if it was an accident, but some rogue system that the military just installed took over and launched thinking we were attacked? THAT would be awesome. We could have Brandon already talking about the new system that supposedly had problems, but was going to control our nuclear response! Can you say WARGAMES!! LOL......oh mna, I have a million ideas.

We can put Harley going to school in Las Cruces at NMSU, New Mexico State University. We can say that she met Jenna at some point, and introduced her and Lake......how's that for fitting in?

What do you think?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

OMG yes yes yes... I can see it now... Lake brings Brandon along to see if he can help him.. (Brandon: Hey check that out let me take a picture! Then Lake: What!?! You brought a digital camera gimme gimme that gimme that battires GIMME THAT NOW! LOL)

I like the Idea of Jenna introducing Harley and Lake... So that would put Jenna in school too... May majoring in something useful? General medicine perhaps.. In a post apocalypse world anyone with a microdum of medical knowledge can hold the power of life and death.

Still Lake needs a job that fits in those co workers right If River Phonix is a contracting boss I am gonna imagine a Big bertha type of woman... Big burly and not a woman you talk about... not to her face or behind her back lest she hear about it..

And then the other to women... Friends? Maybe Harleys friends?

I like the idea of US launching first by accident. We launch.. old targeting systems choose Russia.. the big bear dont care about accidents and then retaliates... then .M.A.D. All because of shoody microchips

Sounds super plausible.

We have unconfrimed reports at this time of multiple missle launchs through out the mid west I could see in this scenario the news breaking the story instead of the EAS system...

Good stuff...NO great stuff!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Cool....sounds great! I will go ahead and leave it to you to write the next installment if you want. We need to get with MF_Luder and see how he wants to play his character into all this. he may not be interested in writing like we are....for all the characters. if so, that is fine, we can work his character in and he can write those parts.

Yes, Jenna can be going to school. i did not originally put that in her description, let me see if I can go back and add it in....

The Boss: I guess we can change it to a male....no problem there, if it makes it work better.

Sweet! Sounds like it is all coming together!

EDIT - I have already gone and changed the story to show Harley as going to school to be an RN

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
We are picking up speed and have alot of good ideas for this epic people. Anyone else interested in getting in on it please let me know so we can discuss the story direction before you post. Please S+F if you like what you see!

Hooah!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Cool Cool... I think I shall do something tomorrow... I am still piecing stuff together tonight. If possible I'd like to keep River as a chic... You have seen Mannly women before right? You know Big Chics empowered... Not ugly nor fat just...Women working in a mans world...

Women that pick hard jobs like construction gotta be tough

So Yeah I shall come up with something a bit later if nobody beats me too it..

I am still trying to frame together a new years eve party...

A small shin dig at the bosses house with brandon staying home up all night on the net. Just Lake and Harley drinking a few brews with co-workers and friends counting down the minutes to a Brand New YEAR WHOOOOO 2015 Heck yeah! ... The last good year.

If they had known they proly would of partied harder... But they didnt so they just kept it small.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Hi guys,

Heres a banner for the story (as requested via u2u)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcd7ded7cb20.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcd7ded7cb20.png[/atsimg ] remove the last space.

or

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e06508ac3eef.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e06508ac3eef.png[/atsimg ] remove the last space.

Hope you like them, if anyone wants a new avatar for the story just u2u me.

Look forward to reading the story..

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Excellent work John Q! What kind of Avatars have you come up with? I would like to check one out.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ok I am passing the baton man. I have taken them to setting up the fireworks in the back yard...

I was thinking about writing in Willow or Kyra as the account secretary...Maybe the other one as the business recruiter... You know their fisher of the company going out and drumming up business?

I have having trouble writing up a good new years party scenario.

I threw Lake asking River for a job for Brandon... Just trying to keep the brothers looking out for one another.

After the New Years party I was thinking about a fast forward into spring...MAybe after the laid the foundations for the barraks on time maybe them getting another contract to lay some new tarmac for run ways... or maybe fixing up the old run ways?

Just a thought... No Idea how to take them into summer... But I figure by the time we his summer we should see some of those changes pointing to the fact that everything may not be ok...

UGH..... I look forward to the Brave soul that is gonna finish that new years eve party LOL

AHAH And thanks for the banner.... Say,,,, Um I dont mean to sound like a greedy oaf but is there a way to make the banners clickable so that folks can click on it and reach our story thread like with the Cyrpto banners?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I like what I'm seeing so far.

As to writing styles.

I'm not really used to writing for several different characters at the same time as other people. What I normally do is I'll have my 'main character' and he will usually be with several NPCs (which anyone can actually write for if they want). But if you guys want me to write for the other characters as well, I could go ahead and do that.

I'm going to hold off on my first post until we get a little closer to the destruction. I'm going to have my guy - SSG Chad Thomas assigned to the 4th Infantry Division out of Fort Hood, Texas. I'm thinking the first post will center around some type of training exercise or something like that where they get mobilized to actually move out into the surrounding areas, etc.

I'll let you guys get through New Year's Eve first.

BTW - love the banners. We should find a way to embed a link to the story thread inside the banner.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am so happy this thread and the working thread are growing
Good work my friend, keep up the great work and what AWESOME banners. I will eagerly await the next few posts.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Okay, I will take a look and see what I can come up with. Not sure about the clickable banner here on ATS....Iam sure it can be done

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join