It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents who ferry children must have anti-paedophile checks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

This just seems like another piece of pointless authoritarianism on the part of the government propping up the scare tactics to convince us all that there's a pedo on every street corner.

It's not pointless - it's about money

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
when parents them selfs dont take care of their children this is what happens,

i know people who dont have more then 4h of awake time with their children and they totally rely on others to do their job for them , its just sad but this is where it will all go when parents "look at their bellybuttons" instead of taking care of their own.

either you have kids and take care of them your selfs or dont have the kids and save the communion the effort you didnt want to put forward.

homedad

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I agree with others that this is really a double-edged sword. At face value it seems a necessary move in order to protect children from possible danger. But is it not maybe taking things too far? And where can it lead to once something like this becomes the norm? All adults that create ice cream cakes for children's birthday parties must have a working with children check...

At the end of the day, unless you are willing to sacrifice your career, lifestyle and free time, DON'T HAVE KIDS! So many of the problems with young people today is, as others have stated, to do with the fact that parents are not really being parents! You cannot rely on the government to raise your kids, you have to do it yourself.

Originally posted by angelx666

wow, i never knew there are others who hates children, good to know, i thought I'm on my own here,

i really hate them, they are annoying, noisy, disgusting, idiotic,

I don't hate children but they are an inconvenience most of the time.
Sad but true.

Say angelx666, you wouldn't like to be my permanent long-term girlfriend by any chance would you?

[edit on 11/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
man, i'm so sick of this rubbish, the media gets hysterical about stuff and then the government brings in pointless laws, that will never work in reality, so they can be seen to be doing something.

they do checks on all these categories of people and spend however much money administering this stuff and then ignore reports of abuse in a family. it's just so much bull crap.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Screw this new law and screw the government....as alot of people are saying on posts at the moment let the ship sink because now its everyman for himself

top topics

<< 1   >>

join