It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS site regularly going down over in Britain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hi, has anyone had problems of ATS pages refusing to load up. It happened for around the past 2 hours and earlier on for at least an hour. I noticed people still posted at these times from their posting times so the whole site couldn't have gone down. All other Internet pages that I tried worked at these times, so it doesn't seem like ISP is being funny, unless they don't seem to like ATS for some reason. Just curious if anybody else has had this problem anywhere else in the world or here in England?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
nope been browsing threads on here for hours and hours now, between facebook games, lol. Up in Cumbria, no problems, christ is that the time!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Dunno about the UK , but its been working just fine all day in Aus
for me anyway

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
just out of interest, Orange isn't your service provider by any chance is it? because I know they have been having problems with outages.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
ATS is fine in Sydney

Rense on the other hand, is down as far as Sydney's concerned and What Really Happened is taking ages to load

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It was doing that here on the west coast of the U.S. 09/09.

I just kept hitting the refresh button and it came up.

May have been because of the number of people on the site at the same time.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
confirmed case from uk

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Try flushing your dns cache in command prompt maybe, or switching DNS servers.

Short version

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Long version: Flushing DNS

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Confirmed down here in California . . . last half hour.

Just came back up.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Also confirmed in the midwest USA. Cleared my history/cookies/temp files and went to another forum for a while. Then it was back.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not on my connection.

no one liner.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes I have had problems with it over the last few hours.... not loading, time out etc...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I had a short disruption, but I have to say, they've still, for me anyway, hit that 'five 9's of uptime'

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Hi,

Alright from Cumbria also but I have noticed some days some of the web pages do not load. However this has happened with other sites as well. I would have thought it might be my pc except I have noticed quite a few posts on other sites from other people complaining about sites going down and not loading properly.

There was also a poster from Australia who claimed on his site that they were locking down the internet in Oz and that different people and areas would experience internet difficulties whilst they were trying out how efficiently they were at blocking off areas of the internet.

There is also some talk of the internet coming down next year.

Another great conspiracy for everyone to get their teeth into.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Cumbria? isn't that that nasty smelly little place north england? do they even have the internet up there? last i heard a local marra had just invented the wheel and got sued for copyright infringement.

Lolz, just came back on to say i 've just had an hour downtime, just on ATS though, i reckon this thread has cursed me.

[edit on 11/9/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

had the same problem a few days ago could load everything
except ATS it was out for maybe 3 hours
IRELAND

[edit on 11-9-2009 by moonpie]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The South East of England, momentarily. No trouble, though. It's nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm in the southeast and had problems earlier today around 1:50-2:10 EST. Don't know how long it lasted as I left the house after that to get a bite to eat. Works now though.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I had a big outage too, most of today, and last night, lasted hours and hours. It was weird, because I could still get on media.abovetopsecret.com, but not on www.abovetopsecret.com/www.belowtopsecret.com. I tried a traceroute, and it seemed I was getting all the way to the server before it failed. It left my browser in a "Connecting..." state for a long time whenever I tried, then after a few minutes trying to connect it just failed. I tried firefox/konq/w3m/wget, all the same.

I was still able to access the site through a (USA) proxy though to read the site, just couldn't log in or post because that proxy didn't do cookies.

It could well have been some kind of DNS/routing issue? I'm not very technical about how all that works, but say for example if ATS had got a new IP, sometimes DNS propagation can be very slow, depending on many factors.

I tried a reboot of my DHCP, and a reboot of the machine, and I tried using the IP I got from the host utility to connect also, no avail.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
All ok down in Kent, England. south east

[edit on 12-9-2009 by happinness]

[edit on 12-9-2009 by happinness]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join