It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pandemic' bill raises ire, constitutional questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Could the swine flu usher in martial law? An emergency physician from Fort Hood, Texas, weighs in on that possibility.

Lawmakers in Massachusetts are considering Senate Bill 2028, a pandemic response bill that will give public health officials and law enforcement complete control over citizens of the Commonwealth. Under the bill, should a pandemic be declared, the aforementioned officials will have authority to quarantine and forcibly immunize citizens. Any citizens resisting will face stiff fines and up to 30 days in prison.

The bill also gives authorities the right to seize private property and supplies and redistribute them as they see fit -- which some see as a threat to Fourth Amendment rights. Persons will also be required to report any suspicious events or face stiff fines. Said persons reporting will be cleared of any criminal wrongdoing if such suspicions arise after the pandemic has passed.

www.onenewsnow.com...

I have heard about the bill in Massachusetts. Now I find this one saying that the bill lets the government steal from citizens and give the stuff to others. So all who are prepping for hard times can legally, under this bill, have their food, water, etc taken by force and given to those who refused to prepare.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Nowadays every bill that passes any government desk raises constitutional questions.

I am almost tired of the # that comes out. I know my family is. Everytime we turn around another unlawful law.

I am this close to going totally blackmarket-meaning running #. 60-80% of what we earn goes to taxes directly and indirectly, and the only way to make a living is to become corrupt.

1 US dollar in 2000 is now worth 25 cents, by the end of this year it may be worth a dime.

WE ARE SO SCREWED

Just waiting for the SHTF. If you can, relocate to smaller rural cities or communities. When things start to collapse I would hate to be in the DEATH CITIES.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ya know... I was going to make the snide comment in a thread about the 'fine people who don't have healthcare' threat... I figured, "Gee- why doesn't the govt just have their henchmen show up at the front door and just ROB everyone at gunpoint?

Looks like I didn't even have a CHANCE to be a wise acre... not even a wise half acre.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What I find amusing is the people who pass these bills thinking they sound reasonable and fair. Don't they know that these laws that they help pass are going to bite them in the ass someday??? It really makes no sense.

This is where the rubber meets the road folks. This is not a test. I repeat, This is NOT a test. IF you want to stand up for your freedom, now MIGHT be the time to do it cuz in a year from now it will be too late.

This is where we find out if this whole NWO thing is going to succeed. They are not even trying to hide it anymore.

Can any of you think back to a couple of years ago???? Seriously. Is there any one here who has been wering their tinfoil hat for a couple of years now??? Now, as you think back, would you have been able to make this s**t up? I mean everything we have been talking about for years now is coming to pass right before our eyes.

Go look thru the archives. Look at some of the threads from a few years ago. EVERYTHING that is going on today has been talked about adnauseum for years now. And, now that it's here.....NOTHING!!!! No one is doing a damned thing. We are all going to sit here and let it happen.lol.

People pay for this kind of entertainment. It would be funny if it weren't so tradgic.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ya know, some people might not take kindly to police busting down their door to shoot their family full of toxins, then proceed to "redistribute" their property if "they see fit" ... so much so, if the bill happens and, god forbid, we have to actually use the bill.... MA might be a few officers short in the following days. You can only push people so far before they snap and do something irrational.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Persons will also be required to report any suspicious events or face stiff fines. Said persons reporting will be cleared of any criminal wrongdoing if such suspicions arise after the pandemic has passed.

I'd encourage everyone to run right now to their nearest reporting center and report every MA lawmaker who voted for this atrocity because it truly doesn't get much more "suspicious" than this crap and, afterall reporting said suspicions are madated by the law and none of us want to be labeled scofflaws, do we?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
You know what the sadest part of all is? MA is one of the original colony states, that signed and prepaired the constitution of the united states..going back to the revolutionary war. Being one fo the CO founders and representatives of the constitution, look at wha the politicians have agreed to and are doing...thier tearing it apart basically, amongst its citizens. Its a sad day, MA turned its back onits people/stabed them in the heart. Its kina like somone coming at you with a knife..letting you kow yuor about ot be stabbed..not sneak up behind you and get in the back.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If this turns into a law here in NC, I'll booby trap any supplies I may have on hand- I'll turn this place into a fireball of truly epic proportions if need be.

You all know DARN well who'd be getting the bulk of anything 'redistributed', don't ya? It wont be the less fortunate!

new topics

top topics

join