It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian report: Netanyahu may be planning attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Russian report: Netanyahu may be planning attack

www.ynetnews.com

PM's rushed visit to Moscow under cloud of secrecy occupies Russian media. Kommersant paper quotes 'informed Israeli' source as saying 'It can't be ruled out that Israel may be ready to move on to decisive actions with regards to Iran, and Netanyahu decided to inform Kremlin of this'

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The report is yet another indicator that Israel wants to attack Iran. Israeli govt and it's prime minister are 'creating' unevitable circumstances to attack Iran.

In another worrying development for the Obama administration and israel, Iran has moved closer to operation of a facility to enrich uranium.

Much of the debate about the 'Iranian nuclear threat' is therefore driven by concern that Iran's mastery of civilian technology could provide it the means to attack Israel.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-9-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
In another worrying development for the Bush administration and israel, Iran has moved closer to operation of a facility to enrich uranium

What year are you living in?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Actually I meant Obama, it is somehow in my head that Bush was out to wreck Iran and so that came out. Thanks for pointing it out

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by YourForever

Actually I meant Obama, it is somehow in my head that Bush was out to wreck Iran and so that came out. Thanks for pointing it out

Kinda funny, but we're all doomed if this happens.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What ever happened to N. Korea? Aren't we concerned about them, they actually have nukes, and we are worried about someone else getting them.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
this is going to happen and soon
please all prepare mentally first

stockpile and stay focused

please stay focused

I am not here to bull# you

take care of family and friends and those in need

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

People thought with a new leader, who called for change, things would actually change. I make the same mistake when looking at Obama too. The things you say and the things you do, are two separate things.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

What ever happened to N. Korea? Aren't we concerned about them, they actually have nukes, and we are worried about someone else getting them.

You are right and the reason is that Israel is a close ally of the US and US wants to protect it's interests in the middle east and North Korea does not pose a direct threat to any US interests in East Asia (except South Korea), and it is about Oil, Israel - Iran war is likely to affect the oil production and supply in the entire middle east.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

N. Korea is part of the monopoly, Iran isn't. That should answer your question. N. Korea relies on China heavily and China can influence it. But Iran in the other hand is very dangerous for the Western interests as a whole. That is why such bias exists against Iran through out the Western world.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The article reads like a he said she said story. No real credible sources. Of course we all know tension exists between Isreal and Iran, but this report sounds like a bit of BS to me. Sorry OP.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

The article reads like a he said she said story. No real credible sources. Of course we all know tension exists between Isreal and Iran, but this report sounds like a bit of BS to me. Sorry OP

The PM has admitted that he did visit Moscow, and the question is why an urgent, secret trip to Russia? If that trip was made then I think the reason for the trip was equally serious. Maybe he wanted Russia to back Israel in it's stance on Iran?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yes, I have found other articles that state that he did go there, but the mission was not to start a war, it was to stop one. Please read:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Just one of many sites reporting this.

Then there's this:

www.jpost.com...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am bumping this thread...

Even if this is a case of "he said-she said" considering the implications it could pose are dire. The rhetoric between Iran and Israel has always been harsh and if this truly is nothing more than reporting that is purposely trying to ignite the fire, it has very much potential to do so.

How many second chances do we get as humans like we did with the Cuban Missile Crisis when we were seconds away from MAD?

Russia would be an appropriate person for Israel to talk to if they were needing counsel on dealing with tension with Iran. Russia holds much more of an open talks stance with Iran than most other nations especially the United States.

And if war talks were being discussed, of COURSE they would be denied. Why would one purposely announce their plans for an offensive on another nation without having just cause? (I'm not saying it has not happened in the past, and I know every member could list a time it has happened. Or even one when the CIA or some other 3 letter acronym sparked something for an agenda, that is not my purpose with this statement).

Very great news link OP, S&F for you.

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
North Korea wont be touched because they have China not only on their side, but backing the regime up there.

If it wasn't for China, the North Korean issue would have been solved years ago.

If the US pisses off China, they are likely to act over Taiwan.
A confrontation with China, even though the US would eventually be victorious, is the last thing the US, the Pacific region, and the world needs.

These articles about Israel preparing to attack Iran, are just speculation.
So the Israeli PM went to Moscow secretly. Maybe it had to do with the missing cargo ship said to be carrying weapons destined for Iran?
Or maybe the Israelis wanted to discuss with the Russians the issue of the sale of air defense systems to Iran, without all the media attention?
Or maybe they had a secret orgy?

We can sit and speculate that the meeting was about all sorts of things. I'm sure if some dodgy site released an article saying it was about UFO encounters, the UFO-logist types on ATS would go berserk about disclosure being around the corner.

The point is take these speculative articles with a grain of salt.

People have been saying Iran will be attacked for several years now.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You know, as any war expert knows, winning a war is a game of complete and utter strategy. Scenarios such as the one proposed here do not fit the mold of such strategies. But it clearly makes sense for him to go to Russia and peacefully ask for them to not supply weapons to their enemy. Peaceful strategy.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

www.ynetnews.com

On Wednesday, Ynet revealed that Netanyahu left Israel on a private jet belonging Israeli millionaire Yossi Maiman.

Yossi Maiman.

If the mossad, oil pipelines, and mass media come to mind when you hear that name, congratulations, you've been paying attention.

He heads the Merhav Group - and has a lock on a lot of the oil and natural gas coming out of Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Egypt ... among a hell of a lot of other things. And yes, he's former Mossad.

His name in the mix makes me wonder if this is about Iran at all - he was trying for years to get a proper pipeline built across Afghanistan and Pakistan, but it fell apart because Afghanistan can't be secured.

Almost makes me wonder if his involvement is trying to get Russia to re-enter the Afghan fight...

new topics

top topics

join