It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fraud proof' found in Afghan polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Western powers originally praised the election, but confidence in the handling of the vote has eroded as allegations of fraud have continued to mount.

David Owen, a member of the UK upper house of parliament, told Al Jazeera that "the level of corruption... straight out electoral vote rigging, is worrying".

"I think Hillary Clinton, the US secretary of state, was wise to persuade Karzai not to claim victory and let the process work its way through."

Still, he said that "Afghanistan has never really been what we would think of as an electoral democracy - we shouldn't be too upset if these elections are not too successful".

"At the end, we'll have the choice to accept a very unsatisfactory democratic election or to try and overturn it... we have to reach some kind of compromise to find an end to this election.

I have said over and over again that the Afghan election are fraudulent. I have always stated that Afghans don't want what Westerns want, but people seem to disagree, they seem to think Afghans want to live the same fantasy lifestyle Westerners are currently engaged in.

Afghanistan has never really been what we would think of as an electoral democracy - we shouldn't be too upset if these elections are not too successful".

So there you have it. The West force their own ideas on to others, and at the same time claim that others are trying force their ideas on to them. That my friend is called lying and deceiving the masses.

I'm still ashamed that many Westerners are deluded enough to believe that every action the West makes is for good cause. It is self interest, and self interest means self interest. If you can't understand that then you are beyond a 1 page article.

english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Didn't they have a US helicopter lose a large portion of the ballots by dropping them in the mountains some where while transporting them.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes I happened to reply on that thread and end up having a massive discussion trying to prove that America does not want the Afghans to elect who ever they please. It is just out of character and their is too much evidence going against it. America didn't spend billions of dollars for Afghans, it did it for self interest.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Didn't they have a US helicopter lose a large portion of the ballots by dropping them in the mountains some where while transporting them.

Ya they did.
MSNBC: U.S. Helicopter dumps Afghan Ballots

KABUL - A U.S. military helicopter carrying ballot boxes packed with votes from last week's Afghan election accidentally dumped some of them somewhere over the rugged mountains of Nuristan, officials said on Wednesday. Some 50 ballot boxes were being carried in a "sling load" beneath a Chinook helicopter from the provincial capital Paroon when the accident happened, they said. "During transport, apparently some of the materials came out of the load as it was traveling," U.S. army Lieutenant Tommy Groves told Reuters.

The whole gov't of Kabul is a joke i say Kabul because that is all they control the rest of the country is a complete mess and always will be. IMO the worlds Military is there to secure oil and drugs for export that is all.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

True indeed, it reminds me of the USSR invasion of Afghanistan. But at least back then there wasn't as much corruption as today. The world bank labels Afghanistan as the world's 2nd or 3rd corruptest nation.

Corruption means any one can get away with any crime, pay the money and you are free. That is the case in Afghanistan, people can kill, rape, steal and get away with it easily. And if you have connections you don't even have to pay, free my friend.

My prediction the Afghan resistance will increase dramatically within two years. What I find amusing today is that everyone who opposes the invasion and the occupying force and are willing to fight against it are labeled as Taliban and Al-qaeda which is not true. The are said to be linked to Taliban. Read the Al-Jazeera source and that is what you will find.

Politicians in the House and senate have said that they require compelling evidence that an influx of more troops to Afghanistan will help overcome fighters linked to the Taliban and al-Qaeda.

english.aljazeera.net...

These are normal Afghans who are sick of the invasion, everyone is linked with Taliban

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

More Info

Fake Afghan Poll Sites Favored Karzai, Officials Assert

KABUL, Afghanistan — Afghans loyal to President Hamid Karzai set up hundreds of fictitious polling sites where no one voted but where hundreds of thousands of ballots were still recorded toward the president’s re-election, according to senior Western and Afghan officials here.

www.nytimes.com...

Now America will allow a corrupt leader to be around, I think America will stall and stall and at the end America will get what it wants. Karazai should be kicked out of the leadership if connected with fraud. But ofcurse America has other ideas.

top topics

join