It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going through another duststorm right now!! Pics Here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Dewpoint is undefined!
No water vapor, so no condensation. That's just weird. You'd better get out the hand sling.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Phage]

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Phage]

Hey Im only going by the Automatic Weather data....already checked, there is no malfunction. The liquid in glass thermometers confirmed this too

Its never happened inthe entire history of the Australian Bureau of Meteorology

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
OMFG

I just got 1% humidity for the first time since 7am this morning!!!!!!!

I have a dewpoint!

Spoke to soon, dewpoint has dissapeared now

[edit on 11/9/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow, those pics are pretty cool Oz. Im sure brathing that stuff isnt though!! Zero humidity has my mind in a whirl right now. I keep getting images of my mouth full of peanut butter crackers and Im in the middle of a desert.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I want to hear more about the skimpily clad girls.......

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have never heard of 0% humidity.

How does that even work?

Would your skin dry out if you stayed out too long and start cracking?

I know in the winter time here my skin gets so dry sometimes I start to bleed, but I'm in Northeastern USA. The humidity here doesnt even get that low, well I suppose 20-50% is low for me

Also about not being able to see your hand in a Russian snow storm, at least when you breath in you are just breathing in ice water. I don't think breathing in dust particles is very healthy if you are exposed to it for more than a short period of time.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
I have never heard of 0% humidity.

How does that even work?

Would your skin dry out if you stayed out too long and start cracking?

Its a combination of a hot temperature trapping in warm air under a blanket of dust, vaporising the water,I assume. Im in the desert anyway, and during the day its quite dry anyway. Now that the dust has gone the humidity has jumpe back up to 2%,

Ive got a dewpoint of -22.5 degrees celsius....which means the air temperature has to drop to that temperature for dew to from. Considering its 34.6 degrees celsius outside at the moment...the chances of this happening are practically nil

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow cool pics! I imagine a dust storm would be very annoying. How long do they last? How many have you see and which was the worst?
Sorry for all the questions I have never seen or been in one....I live in FL I am use to Hurricanes : ) so dust storms are interesting to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I have seen and been in dust storms like that while living in Arizona.

Your pictures are nice, but like you say, it does look different in person.

It's scary when you see the dust moving in, like a wall. It's sort of like the desert scenes in the movie, "The Mummy."

It makes you feel like you are about to be enclosed in a huge cardboard box, or at least that is what it reminded me of.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
I want to hear more about the skimpily clad girls.......

When you work in WA you have a lot of blokes, so the bars bring in skimpy girls to entertain you. Back when I was there it cost a few dollars to get them to serve beer naked for you.... problem was some were just out right pigs... but after some beers the world looked pretty good... ha ha ha

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Wow cool pics! I imagine a dust storm would be very annoying. How long do they last? How many have you see and which was the worst?
Sorry for all the questions I have never seen or been in one....I live in FL I am use to Hurricanes : ) so dust storms are interesting to me.

This particular one lasted 4 and a half hours. It depends on the wind and the weather conditions. I had winds above 30 knots and a trough just to the west of me with this one.

This is only the second one I have been through, and it was the worst. Up until a few months ago I was living in Darwin, which is at the top end of Australia, and it was all tropical weather there. Much like Florida, only hotter. We had tropical storms there too, but they're called cyclones down here

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sorry to bump my own thread

But people may be interested Im experiencing another dust storm, with stinger winds today. Its the 3rd since last friday!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join