It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verichip hits MSN news!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The RFID chips are being broadcast on MSN. And they said we were crazies!

The only thing holding us back..."ickyness"

It's a simple concept, really: You inject a miniature radio frequency identifier the size of a grain of rice between your thumb and forefinger and, with a wave of your hand, unlock doors, turn on lights, start your car or pay for your drinks at an ultrachic nightspot.

The problem is, the whole concept is a little geeky for most of us; nauseating for some, Orwellian for a few and even apocalyptic for a smattering of religious fundamentalists.

Forget the science of it -- and yes, it does work remarkably well. Forget the convenience of it. Forget that similar identifying technologies, from bar codes to mag stripes, overcame similar obstacles and are now ubiquitous.

RFID implants face a hurdle the others did not: ickiness.
articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

Cant wait till Tara Reid or Miley Cyrus has a verichip and its no longer icky

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I will never get a Verichip. Even if it becomes mandatory.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Eh, I will wait it out. See how other people react wait a year or 2. If all is good i'll go get one. Why not?? And please noone say I will go to hell for it becasue that is just childish.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'll prolly get it at first, but....

As soon as there is ever a public announced problem i'm cutting mine out.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I will never put one in me. It's icky, you know?

It's like a car-key that you can't lose. But seriously... sometimes when you're looking for your keys, you find money, that damn remote control, a book you've been meaning to finish...

Half the fun of life is recovering from your simplest follies. This would eliminate a lot of those follies.

Think, also, of the evolution, here.

1. Eventually, the technology will be improved to the point where you can track your vital statistics instantly. If you're about to have a heart attack or stroke, the nearest Emergency Medical Station will be alerted. For the good of the public.
2. Only criminals or those with criminal intent would ever refuse one. They're perfectly safe, life-saving devices! IF you don't have one, you're probably a criminal.
3. This little device will track you as you enter a store, a courtroom, your car, your home. Much like a MAC address. Freakish. Admissiable in a court of law. "Mr. Jones was here at this time and either witnessed or participated in said event."
4. First it's a signal, then it's a recording device. Will neutralize SIM chips. Any phone in your hand will automatically link to the device and allow ANY phone to be used by you. It will activate when you connect to the internet and automatically load up your homepage and favorites for you, as well as your MSN/ICQ/AIM friends list.
5. Hackers... oh the FUN they will have. They steal your signal and force it to report a false heart attack reading and suddenly, EMS everywhere. They commit a crime and plant YOUR signal as evidence at the scene. The potential for hackers is endless.

Yes, let's think of the convenience, here

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Eh, I will wait it out. See how other people react wait a year or 2. If all is good i'll go get one. Why not?? And please noone say I will go to hell for it becasue that is just childish.

A Saudi Arabian inventor has filed for a patent on a potentially lethal science fiction-style human tracking microchip, the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) told The Local on Friday.

An alternate model chip could reportedly release a poison into the carrier if he or she became a security risk.

That's why

www.thelocal.de...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland

Cant wait till Tara Reid or Miley Cyrus has a verichip and its no longer icky

They already do. They open up every time I swipe them.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
good, im long on chip, cant wait..

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
You inject a miniature radio frequency identifier the size of a grain of rice between your thumb and forefinger and, with a wave of your hand, unlock doors, turn on lights, start your car or pay for your drinks at an ultrachic nightspot.

Oh, great!!!

Instead of mugging for wallets or installing cameras/card readers in ATM's, the next most popular criminal activity will be amputations.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Verichip has been in the Mainstream Media before.

Really, because of it's "ickyness" factor is why people will not get it?

No, that is not it, it is because no one wants the Government stalking them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d0ab0bbc547.jpg[/atsimg]

Every time you go through Wal-Mart's front door they will be in essence stalking your information.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

Verichip and Digital Angel are linked to the above book to the Nazi atrocities of the Holocaust.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79d097d8e3ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Does the above picture remind you of a device seen at Wal-Mart that lets out an annoying high-pitched alarm when the cashier forgets to demagnetize your DVD/RFID?

It should because that paper RFID is the low end of the spectrum from its high-tech cousin Verichip and Digital Angel.

U.N.S.C. and 2012 : Political Ideologies, Nations United, and Views on Terrorism : Conflict Earth

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
How do the chips handle exposure to strong magnetic fields?

I know that hard drives and the like can be wiped out or partially damaged when exposed to magnetic fields.

Credit cards and the like can be easily damaged by exposure to magnetic fields and they don't have to overly strong.

I had a credit card fail once and the bank tech thought it was because I worked in the high voltage power biz and perhaps exposure to the field of high voltage conductors could have caused it.

I note that credit cards will be damaged when exposed to MRI.
Seems that a chip would probably be damaged when exposed to an MRI's high power magnetic field.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

I bet we will see RFID destroyer attacks become frequent

RFID Destroyer
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have one implanted, does it hurt if it burns out?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'll be glad when these things are commonplace and I finally have a concrete excuse as to why I dont want to travel the interstate or enter a mall or go to a bar other than my current excuse of "I don't feel like spending my leisure time tolerating the stupidity of others."

For the record I'm at work now so the "tolerating" done on ATS isnt leisure so much as it is the lesser evil. ATS or co-workers/patrons hmm...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Does the ID cards or passports in/from your country include an RFID chip?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ickyness?? That's the best word they can come up with... This story sounds like it was written in 5 minutes... It also sounds like it came out of someone's ***.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I will show them! icky indeed, I can jump in a barrel of worms, have cockroaches crawl over my face. Let me show them how icky it isn't.... Errr wait, this is MSM, and they are full of #. Maybe it has nothing to do with ickiness, you careful-structured-article-writing deviants at MSN.
God help us if Microsoft decides to create an OS for it. ROFL.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge

God help us if Microsoft decides to create an OS for it. ROFL.

its already created - health vault by MICROSOFT www.healthvault.com...

welcome to reality !

QQ

www.rfidnews.org...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

ouch. I need to build an emp

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well while I love Technology I hate government intrusion, so I am from the old school, I leave the fight between this to all of you younger generation to make the decision of how you want your life to be lived.

I will refuse any foreign object in my body that can be use against me later on, when the real agenda behind tagging every human being becomes completed.

new topics

top topics

join