It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Lets not forget Obama is friendly with google who just happens to own YouTube....Clearly this wasn't a coincidence. You can post the most popular video of all time on you-tube and it still wont mess with the counts....This isn't an anomoly, its purposely been done.

However, the title of this post is misleading..I thought the whole speech was censored and the video wasnt allowed at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here's the updated screen shot with the 2917 views. It's been stuck on this number for 10 minutes+.

Problems happening:

Comments being erased (numerously).

Views was stuck at 303 for 10 hours, then got stuck at 2917. Points to a steady Manipulation of numbers, which will stop it from getting the front page.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
LATEST STATS FROM YOUTUBE, seem to completely contradict view count

#3 - Most Discussed (Today) - News & Politics - Global
#2 - Most Responded (Today) - News & Politics - Global
#2 - Most Responded (This Week) - News & Politics - Global
#11 - Top Favourited (Today) - Global
#1 - Top Favourited (Today) - News & Politics - Global
#1 - Top Rated (Today) - News & Politics - Global
#1 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics - Global

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It is blatant. TPTB are losing their grip fast.

These are the kind of times where wars start, before control is completely lost.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If You Tube wants to continue making a living

it better cut it out with the political censorship

and other unwarranted interference

You Tube relies on visits

It would be easy to boycott You Tube

and I think it's a case of 'when' and not 'if'

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just as i thought they have tamed the hype of this initially going live and now very late est its is time for them to correct the views.

It now shows 21k views and they have successfully kept it from gaining too much steam.

It won't matter though the comments for the video are riddle with accusations of "fixing" the views.

Some can defend frezing by saying the systems take awhile or w/e but it was at 800 and reduced it to 303 and kept it there very obvious. Well its at 21k and still much higher than 5 other videos that are on the front page. So high views or not you tube will never let it on the front page.

A Mario and Jenny video from America got talent has 14k views and its 2 days old and its on the front page. You tube is a joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I've seen several videos lately on Youtube, that had 303 views and the star-rating set to "undefinable". These were ordinary music videos. I guess it's a glitch at Youtube, and not targeting Charlie Sheen. 2 cents

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Do any of you know anything about running a website?

Glitches take place. No one is censoring A-hole Sheen.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
For what it's worth, I've seen several videos lately on Youtube, that had 303 views and the star-rating set to "undefinable". These were ordinary music videos. I guess it's a glitch at Youtube, and not targeting Charlie Sheen. 2 cents

If you use a particular method to censor something the best way to make it look innocent is to use the same method on the occasional innocuous video then when you do it intentionally and are accused of it you simply say.

"it happens on all sorts of things even music videos"

It is that simple.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Have you read the comments?

This is more then a glitch. 1000s of comments have been erased, and this video is a 100k plus video (not 20k).

The reason why this was glitched, is it keeps it from the front page. Words spreading fast though.

Read the comments on the you tube page. It's ridiculous. If you search the stats..

#3 - Most Discussed (Today) - News & Politics
#1 - Top Favorited (Today) - News & Politics
#1 - Top Rated (Today) - News & Politics
#1 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics

Compare it to a video that has a 100k+ views, then check the ratings of said video and the comments.

This video probably has 300k views. Who will ever know though...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You tube just disabled the comments.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

And still no one is seeing the irony.

Oh the humanity!

[edit on 11 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

I still get them...

They won't disable comments... They've already done enough damage...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
Here's the updated screen shot with the 2917 views. It's been stuck on this number for 10 minutes+.

Problems happening:

Comments being erased (numerously).

Views was stuck at 303 for 10 hours, then got stuck at 2917. Points to a steady Manipulation of numbers, which will stop it from getting the front page.
[edit on 10-9-2009 by squidboy]

Actually, that only lends more credence to the glitch theory. It happened exactly as SonicInfinity said it would.

Although the comment deletion is odd....

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I am so reminded of the simpsons by this thread.

I can almost hear Lenny yelling about the alien who brings love getting away, and Moe telling everyone to break it's legs.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro

Actually, that only lends more credence to the glitch theory. It happened exactly as SonicInfinity said it would.

Although the comment deletion is odd....

ODD?

Again, this is not how it happens. Even with a glitch. Regardless of who says so. It took 10 hours for it change from 303. Then an hour or tow to get stuck at 21k?

Compare the video, with none glitched videos.

The video has the ratings of a 300k - 600+ k video.

Refresh the page and watch the comments come in by the seconds. Watch the comment total slowly go up, if at all. They are coming dozens per the minute.

Apparently this happens often with truth/ Ron Paul videos. Seems convenient that these videos are glitched.

Plausible deniable will not work with this one.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I am shocked at the sheer ignorance in this thread. Why are so many people on ATS unaware of the view count lag on YouTube? Even Alex Jones has stated before that the counter lags. Again, there is a good chance they manipulate the videos on the lists to keep Alex Jones off them, but to pull conspiracies out of a hat that doesn't exist is silly. We should be talking about the real censorship instead of being diverted.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And the Best Part.

They keep erasing ratings.

I had to re-rate three times.

And guess what. Only one user gets one rating.

This is bad.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Do any of you know anything about running a website?

Glitches take place. No one is censoring A-hole Sheen.

Except when Alex Jones says the same thing everybody says he's full of crap.

Isn't that interesting.

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I am shocked at the sheer ignorance in this thread. Why are so many people on ATS unaware of the view count lag on YouTube?

The stats say it's a number one rated video. I'm sorry, but there is no error with the count - only the display.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I am shocked at the sheer ignorance in this thread. Why are so many people on ATS unaware of the view count lag on YouTube? Even Alex Jones has stated before that the counter lags. Again, there is a good chance they manipulate the videos on the lists to keep Alex Jones off them, but to pull conspiracies out of a hat that doesn't exist is silly. We should be talking about the real censorship instead of being diverted.

I wonder... could the comment deletion be the actual censorship, or is there a glitch concerning memory?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join