It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Did you not see the above post? Do you really want me to go searching for more pages with the view counter stuck to prove to you this isn't an Alex Jones-only deal? Just give me the word.

EDIT: "above post" meaning on page 1, lol that was some horrible post timing.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

On the contrary, you're just ignorant (not stupid, although I know you know the difference).

There's really no need to name call, as I am neither ignorant or stupid, nor said anything ill of you.

If you read the message:

Do you work for Youtube (This was a joke). I guess I'm lucky because I've never experienced the problem first hand, and having been a long time user of youtube, thought jokingly that you may have more knowledge (ie work for them). Since I've an experienced user and all, this may have been the case (experienced in the sense, that I've watched 1000s of videos on youtube, and have uploaded several (one being 100+k in views).

(Movies): I meant Youtube streaming videos (sorry for the slang). Why accuse someone of downloading illegal movies, which is impossible to do on Youtube? Streaming illegal movies? Again, this not on topic...

In short, I found the glitch fascinating, and so do a lot of other people. Even if the glitch is fixed, who knows how many views may have been lost. More importantly, reaching Youtube's top videos, can send a video viral. The error stops this from happening.

I've never seen it happen like this before (with 100s of comments being deleted)...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Beefcake, my homie, do you not see that they are the biggest bunch of player haters in the conspiracy world?

*shakes head*

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Did you not see the above post? Do you really want me to go searching for more pages with the view counter stuck to prove to you this isn't an Alex Jones-only deal? Just give me the word.

EDIT: "above post" meaning on page 1, lol that was some horrible post timing.

Why if it hit 800 did it get reduced? i have no understanding of this. I can't agree with your explanation I've seen plenty of videos where this never happens so we could just go back and forth. If they froze it and kept it at 800 or w/e that's one thing but why drop it down to 303.

Its irrelevant we won't agree on this all i know is 9/11 getting out hallelujah. This Sheen stuff is everywhere and you tubes meddling won't matter in the end.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

The ignorant comment was directed at Beefcake, not you, and it wasn't meant to be insulting, but wondering why Beefcake thinks this only happens to people like Alex Jones and Ron Paul when it can happen to anybody popular on YouTube who has a video with a quickly rising view count. I apologize for misunderstanding the slang. I've heard of people who actually HAVE watched thousands of movies and downloaded them. Anything is possible on the Internet.

YouTube can be glitchy like that. I once saw a video go from 20 views to 400, then to 117, stick there for a couple hours, and then level out at around 30,000. If Alex Jones's video stays at 303 views for over a day, then yes, they are censoring him, but we must wait a couple of hours for the YouTube lag to update before reaching that conclusion.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Look at the numbers....

How is that possible? Youtube error?

Why it's important? This stops it from being a Top Video.

Just out of curiosity....does any one who really matters care about this? I mean you have a third-rate actor making a garage-quality video about matters he is totally ignorant about - and you worry that You Tube is dorking with the numbers?

Seriously.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
More censorship.

Here's another update:

Please note the Ratings and the view count. Still the same problem (303 views).

However, more importantly note the comment that was marked as spam. It received 4 thumbs ups, but was marked as spam, and is hidden from the viewer unless they choose to open the "spam"

The comment discusses another popular video and the ratings problem that has occurred. The video that had 600k views had the same number of ratings.

Wow.

So a popular video with 600k views had the same number as this for ratings...

This is big.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Look at the numbers....

Just out of curiosity....does any one who really matters care about this? I mean you have a third-rate actor making a garage-quality video about matters he is totally ignorant about - and you worry that You Tube is dorking with the numbers?

Seriously.

Wow Robert do you kiss your Mom with that mouth. Jeez yeah Robert thee are some people that feel very strongly about this video namely the families of 9/11 victims who requested that this plea be made for one. Should I go on?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Look at the numbers....

Seriously.

It's called Censorship.

Yes, I have a problem with it. Considering the topic. Very much so.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The bottom line is you tube owns the bandwidth and can do whatever they want with it and its not violating anyones first amendment rights.

Here is a brilliant idea, lets download it and seed a torrent so that everyone in the world can see it for free. It already has national exposure.

Youtube owns their bandwidt but we all paid for ours. Use it.

Debunkers are always saying truthers dont DO anything about it, this is your chance.

isohunt.com...

Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Tell me how.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here's the supposed stats for the video:

#53 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - United Kingdom
#40 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Ireland
#63 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Czech Republic
#42 - Most Viewed (Today) - News & Politics - Sweden
#11 - Top Favorited (Today)
#1 - Top Favorited (Today) - News & Politics
#21 - Top Rated (Today)
#1 - Top Rated (Today) - News & Politics
#93 - Top Rated (This Week)
#1 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

#21 - Top Rated (Today)

Not bad for a "third-rate actor making a garage-quality video about matters he is totally ignorant about".

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

#21 - Top Rated (Today)

Not bad for a "third-rate actor making a garage-quality video about matters he is totally ignorant about".

Again, off topic, but I'll respond.

He's risking his career.

He's currently the top paid actor in television, risking it all for something he doesn't care about? Again, top paid.

I doubt it highly.

Third rate actor, I agree with.. But he is not ignorant about it, that's the error.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The comments on youtube are going off!!
I think Charlie has scored a home run with this. I hope my American cousins finally wake up and take their country back, because if you lead the way like you always have, the rest of us will surely follow.....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There's *2 REASONS* why this happens to ANY popular video. Well a 3rd if you count manipulation, which I'm sure, does happen at times, let's be clear on that and it may be the case here!

Most conspiracy videos are too busy rolling credits and giving accolades during the last few seconds of the vid, by which time the vid is stopped by the user CANCELLING the "+1" playcount variable. It is a simple script attached to the file or player that goes like this "ViewCount++". If that video is stopped to bypass all the ego petting in the end of just about all irritating conspiracy videos these days, the counter will not move because the player / client has not received the order. It's like ordering a pizza and before it gets there, you leave your house to get desert and the delivery guy has come and gone by the time you get back.

People are quick to rate vids that they feel strong about, too, as well as comment before the vid completes!

Another is that the video is being pounded so hard that it locks up the CAT(alog) file, the file used as a simple tally keeper. This causes lags due to the file being constantly locked for editing and held in memory before it gets a chance to properly write an update for the file. Until the video trends properly and is viewed less, this will typically be a problem. Like going to a concert, writing a review but since you left early you can't write about what it is they all really want to know! What was the encore song?!

My friend does beauty videos that are quite popular and she has the same problem with hers even though no towers fell in her vids!~ LOL!

Oh and to anyone reading this?!?!?!?!? I do have to vent...

***STOP THE ANNOTATIONS AND SUBTITLES ALREADY!!!!!!!! SPEAK OR SHUT UP! If I see another streaming text video I'm going to go POSTAL! Though include a subtitle over the voice track for the hearing impaired, sure.
But if we wanted to read a video that bad, we would read your lame blogs!

***Lay off the theme songs (Let the bodies hit the floor! Let the bodies hit the floor! Come on... Really?), logos and "coolness". Sure, post a link to your site or even insert a little url or something but keep it out of our faces! Everyone has movie maker and knows how you do it. You are NOT CNN and NO ONE cares who you are. They are just looking for content! Let the info flow freely without credit and more credit will come, believe me! Do it for the good not the recognition. Again, NO ONE cares who you are! They only care about the matter at hand and if you educate them enough they will FIND you and be VERY VERY loyal. Jeesh!

Sorry guys, but this had to be said. I'm in the broadcasting industry and know! We regularly chuckle at the CHRISTMAS TREES people make with all their logos and flashy pointlessness. It's like a retaining wall in Brooklyn that every dude with a spray paint can has tagged. Try and pick out any one tag!

On the other hand the Charlie Sheen video was good and has probably vindicated Alex's bad judgment and over excitement!!! A brush with greatness and lionic courage can do that to the most reserved of us.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
ok, 10 hours after the video was posted ... and nothing .... cool 303 views

man, I saw that 303 views in the first 5 minutes of the video beeing posted

I am SERIOUS I am not kidding

the counter crashed within minutes of the video released .... strange yes ... lets see tomorrow

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I told you all day 1 this was a genius move by AJ and Charlie. This thing is going to blow up even more now with the censorship, it will only infuriate people and make them post it even more. Bad move by Yewtube, they should just ride it out and not get involved.

This whole situation is at boiling point, and everyone is showing there true colors.

D

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Alex Jones, love him or hate him is the ONLY one speaking the same language as the media that matters.

I think his over excitement and brush with greatness pushed him over the top and energized him into carelessness. A star alignment will do this. Ask anyone that had their first mainstream star join a cause. LOOK WHAT IT DID FOR PETA, using far more stupid and morally clumsy people... THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Assured we will be knowing he's not about to let it happen again.

Again, he's speaking the same language as the big media and truly starting to look like the big media with a DOUBLY captivating approach and content. That will only win viewers and future "(TRUE) truthers".

We've GOT TO GO PRO JOE IF WE ARE TO WIN THE WOE!!!

ALEX, throw away that stratocaster and stop playing the blues... It's time for a Les Paul if you are to Rock n Roll!"

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The views have been updated to:

2917, And and is stuck again... (The ratings on the left have gone up since it was updated to 2917).

They are making up the numbers as they go. This is outrageous. A video with that number of ratings would be 100k+ views....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join