It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Look at the numbers....

How is that possible? Youtube error?

Why it's important? This stops it from being a Top Video.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is an incredible error. In that, I've never seen it happen. Appears that the number jumped backwards until settling on 303 views.

If you check it out... Comments are being made at the rate of several a minute. Still 303 views, despite jumping up another 90 ratings since I posted the picture.

Any tech or long youtube users ever see this before? I haven't.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This happens a lot to truth videos. They'll lock the views so it doesn't pop up on some main page or something.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Is anyone able to make videos? Viewing, posting, and refreshing the page a couple times to show the view counter locked at 303 would make an excellent youtube video, I think.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just another quick update. If you don't see what I'm pointing out.

Look at the Number next to Ratings. Then the Number next to Views.

Ratings increased over 100. Ratings can only be added once per user.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's all over my Facebook account now via: Notes. . . haha thanks for the heads up!!
S & F.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow
the Transparency of TPTB are insane.
they show people only what "they" want them to see.
I`m getting pretty sick of waking up every day to a world that is COMPLETELY INSANE beyond all believe.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Maya432]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Google gave BHO $803,436 in campaign contributions.
Google owns youtube.
Maybe google doesn't want Charlie to speak with BHO..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Look at the numbers....

Maybe there's a problem with the server.

I'm sure they'll explain it tomorrow.

What's next disabling comments?

Oh wait ... the irony ...

[edit on 10 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Update:

Now ratings are "Undefined".....

Never saw that ever....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Look at the numbers....

Maybe there's a problem with the server.

I'm sure they'll explain it tomorrow.

What's next disabling comments?

Oh wait ... the irony ...

[edit on 10 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

I see that the people who ate Alex now think its ok for you tube to freeze views on a Charlie Sheen video . Nice to see the hypocrisy in people who crucify someone but let others off the hook pretty pathetic.

Not only are the communistic with guilt by association but you support censorship by you tube imo [removed].

It doesn't matter what the content is it should NEVER have its views frozen. I see very inflammatory and lewd content on you tube not frozen so why freeze this one.

[removed]

Mod Edit: Please Refrain from Personal Attacks
Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 9-10-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Never saw that ever....

People really need to learn how YouTube works before snap reacting and calling it a conspiracy theory. "Undefined" pops up for me whenever I move my mouse over the ratings, then move it away and click outside, although it only does that about half the time. Go visit some more videos and try it, and you should get the same results.

For people confused about why the video has such low views, come back in 4-12 hours and check again. YouTube is well-known for having a slow update in the view count. When the counter updates and the video has the proper amount of views, you can then determine if his video is being censored or not by seeing if his video is in the Most Popular, Most Viewed, etc., lists.

Originally posted by Beefcake
It doesn't matter what the content is it should NEVER have its views frozen. I see very inflammatory and lewd content on you tube not frozen so why freeze this one.

Let it be known schrodingers dog supports censorship maybe you even think ATS should be shut down or flags and stars frozen too hmm all this sounds very good to you.

I know schrodingers dog dislikes Alex Jones, so him and I have a differing opinion, but you are being irrational. Like I just said, anybody who has used YouTube for more than a month knows about YouTube's laggy update system when it comes to the view count. It doesn't happen to just Alex's videos, but ALL videos that jump in view count quickly. I've had it happen to some of my videos, so I know about it all too well.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Never saw that ever....

People really need to learn how YouTube works before snap reacting and calling it a conspiracy theory. "Undefined" pops up for me whenever I move my mouse over the ratings, then move it away and click outside, although it only does that about half the time. Go visit some more videos and try it, and you should get the same results.

For people confused about why the video has such low views, come back in 4-12 hours and check again. YouTube is well-known for having a slow update in the view count. When the counter updates and the video has the proper amount of views, you can then determine if his video is being censored or not by seeing if his video is in the Most Popular, Most Viewed, etc., lists.

Do you work for Youtube?

No offense, but I've watched 1000s of movies on youtube. Never once seen it, ever.

Not once.

The numbers next to the ratings are back up. But again, view count is still at 303.

And you forget the most important part. Read the comments, it went backwards supposedly at one point. Backwards in the 800s, then down to 303.

I didn't see that happen, but it was commented on as I read about it...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by squidboy]

link   
Wow its really quite remarkable whats going on on YouTube right now. So the views locked at 303. the comments are fluctuating around 2000 and 2400 and I do mean fluctuating. By the time you finnish your post its already 3 pages of comments ago. And about 2400 ratings (pegged at 5 stars).

Deny all you want, The counter is locked the comments are disappearing at a fevered pitch and the ratings are way out of wack for 303 views.

I've heard about this business but to watch it happen is remarkable.

An explanation was offered suggesting YouTube is overburdened with a popular video it takes some time to catch everything up. Sounds like a server issue to me.

Now surely utilizing that logic we can surmise that Alex had a similar issue which locked him out of his server causing the 90 minute delay on the disclaimer. I'm glad we settled that.

+7 more 
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

You are very gullible. They did the same thing with Ron Paul videos. Its so the story won't hit the front page sure they may adjust later when the interest has died down but by then the damage is already done to the videos exposure.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh and it must be said. Major props to Aaron Dykes. that was some right fine work. I look forward to more from this gentleman.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by WWJFKD]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

You are very gullible. They did the same thing with Ron Paul videos. Its so the story won't hit the front page sure they may adjust later when the interest has died down but by then the damage is already done to the videos exposure.

Exactly.

If the views were correct, it would be a top video. If they fix the views, tomorrow. Then it's chances are less... But I do not see this going away as intended... Too many witnesses. This video is a top video. Their manipulations of the numbers,will make even more people want to watch it.

And yes, 100s of complaints that their posts being deleted. People need to wake up. The comments are being deleted.... The view count is stuck...

I've never seen this happen ever, despite it being a "known youtube bug".

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Do you work for Youtube?

I wish. I could use my status as a YouTube moderator and gloat on Internet forums.

No offense, but I've watched 1000s of movies on youtube. Never once seen it, ever.

Not once.

Movies? Aren't streaming movies online illegal unless the copyright holder allows it? I'm not up-to-date with how movie rights work on YouTube now. It's a shame if this is the first time you've seen it, because I've seen it lots of times.

reply to post by Beefcake

On the contrary, you're just ignorant (not stupid, although I know you know the difference). I have seen evidence in the past of YouTube showing favoritism and not allowing Ron Paul's or Alex Jones's videos on the lists. That's not what I'm arguing. If you visited any popular YouTube star's video within the first couple of hours it has been uploaded, the views will sometimes stick due to the massive influx of people watching. I guarantee you that the counter will not be stuck for long.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here, I'll give you all an example. Look at this user's page:

www.youtube.com...

See the latest two videos? They are at 318 and 341 views, respectively. Now, look at all the comments and ratings, and look at all the other views on their other videos. I can provide many more examples if you request and give me ample time to search.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

No the counter won't be stuck for long i already said they will correct it. It will maybe be tomorrow or in a few days when the interest has died down nullifying the rush of interest in the video.

It is a very effective technique but in the end it will backfire because most people aside from yourself know the tricks that you tube engages in and this just confirms it.

Believe what you will but in this instance i think you are a little ignorant.

Edit: Comments indicted that the view count was at one point 800 and went backwards come on man you can only try and explain so much without looking silly.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Beefcake]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join