It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive your child to social activities, get branded a paedo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The world just gets stupider everyday, Under new laws if you take your child or his/her friends routinely to social meetings or pick them up from activities you will be requried to undergo a CRB test to ensure your legally allowed to be in the company of children.
World-Gone-Crazy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Another regulation in regards what we can and cannot do, great

However I can also see it being of some use as long as the new regulation is not abused like traffic wardens have been known to abuse their mandate, and give out tickets to ambulance crews .

I am biased though, I have a thirteen year old daughter and if this adds an extra level of protection to her welfare then I have to admit to being cautiously supportive of this new regulation.

Edited to add: I will continue to drive my daughter to after school activities, and if anyone wants to check me out I am happy to be checked out.

Now if they want to tell me I cannot do this then they and I will have a problem.

[edit on 01/09/2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You know, anyone against checking out the history of people that have numerous contacts with kids, should have their history checked out.

Pedophiles are the mucuous of the worms on the feet of the worms of society.

If I was ever to be on a jury where anyone killed a pedophile, that person would go free.

Pedophiles need to be either hung or shot. Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Insanity.Contrary to popular belief paedophiles don't lurk behind every corner waiting to pounce.I agree with trying to keep children safe from predators, but these sorts of actions will only break the trust between adult and child.It's going to have severe repercussions for society in the coming years i think.And i don't buy the if you have nothing to hide,you have nothing to worry about nonsense..which is a favourite propaganda phrase for politicians.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
While I agree with a crackdown on pedophiles, I do not like the idea of having less freedoms because of it. Unfortunately this is the way it goes these days, where the majority have freedoms taken away in order to protect a minority.

While I am a "spiritualist" for want of a better word, I too agree that pedophiles forego their right to life when they have abused children.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You know, anyone against checking out the history of people that have numerous contacts with kids, should have their history checked out.

Technicaly, you're saying, if someone refuse to submit to history checking because that person think its a violation of privacy even if its his son or daughter might be suspected as a paedo ?

So let say now, i dont want the Gov to tell me what to do or not, i dont want the Gov to check my background when i pick kids from activities and send them back home, it justify the action of being targeted as a paedo ?

interesting opinion

[edit on 11-9-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
To a degree I'm fully with you, but I don't think there are Peados lurking behind every corner - I do think it's helpful for our government to have us living in a climate of fear, but I would always err on the side of caution when it came to a minor in my care so the CRB check "seems" like a good idea.

Just one problem:

www.cbscreening.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Also, to add - I know the system doesn't really work, like the majority of government systems in the UK, but don't sex offenders have to be on "the register" anyway?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I warned people on ATS earlier this year about this kind of thing

The British Government insinuated the same thing about home educators with no actual evidence, then passed legislation on it.

And now its coming to everyone else.

The heart of New Labours ideology is based on some fairly hard-core ingrained ideals, one of them being that state should replace the role of the family, and the easiest way to do that is to drop a "social WMD" smack bang into the middle of things.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I could think of other ways these people might entertain themselves involving children. But I would also think that if they have chidren, there might be many psychological clues just from their own children at school.

Parents that would consistantly host gatherings and sleep overs in their homes would seem much more suggestive and involved.

It is pretty sad that many would be profiled who are actually inocent. Social events may also include other children who have a freak-streak to them also.

Parents who home school their children as if being over protective might than be thought to be hiding their behaviors.

The sadest thing is that the system doesn't protect the children by correcting its own bad behaviors.

top topics

join