It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Informant Says Agents Missed Chance to Stop 9/11 Ringleader Mohammed Atta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

FBI Informant Says Agents Missed Chance to Stop 9/11 Ringleader Mohammed Atta

abcnews.go.com

On the eve of the eight year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, an FBI informant who infiltrated alleged terrorist cells in the U.S. tells ABC News the FBI missed a chance to stop the al Qaeda plot because they focused more on undercover stings than on the man who would later become known as 9/11 ringleader Mohammed Atta.

In an exclusive interview to be broadcast tonight on ABC World News with Charles Gibson and Nightline, former undercover operative Elie Assaad says he spotted and became suspicious of Atta in early 2001, when he was sent by the FBI to infiltrate a small mosque outside Miami
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Very dubious timing, but if this holds water it's a big story.

Not only did the FBI seem disinterested in the real terrorists, they stopped the informant from getting too close to the actual mosque that Atta was affiliated too.

This seems much more than bad judgement, it strikes me that this was intentional, they redirected their asset to red herring wannabe terrorists.

Watch the undercover agent's exclusive interview with Brian Ross tonight on World News with Charles Gibson and Nightline.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow. This is startling new information. I know this isn't really news to any of us who have been following the 9-11 truth movement for all this time. But... this info is quite revealing. It shows how faulty our intelligence has been and while I'm on the fence about if it was intentional or not... I don't know about that... but this is quite revealing information.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Cmon ..the whole story is nothing more than a diversion ... implying that the "war on terror" was STILL necessary by making (excuse me while I throw up throat high) "...mastermind Atta" lol and his band of "terrorists" that "hate us for our freedom"into an actual impetus behind the attacks...

are we this gullible? The media is bought and paid for ..ALL OF IT. They will do anything to get us to buy the original-story sack of feces.... even if it creates a patsy in the name of lax FBI investigations.....

please everyone wake up to the fact that ALL media ..even ATS.. is being used (in sometimes subtle but most often blatant ways) to shape mass opinion and cover up who is actually running things.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just saw this on TV this blows it wide open!!

First question I would like answered is why was this not included in the 9/11 investigation? They have a huge file on him but they decided what information to include in the investigation?? WTF something does not seem right with this....

Edit: However now that ABC is officially camped in the whitehouse as the new unofficial "State" Run media this also makes me wonder why this is now being brought up? Obama getting back at the republicans?

-Kdial1

[edit on 10-9-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

I'm undecided on the issue of the actual terrorists, and their role.

No doubt Atta existed, and was involved, but I think they were probably misled into believing they were involved in a training mission or test of security drill.

like I said in the OP, the timing is very dubious, day before the anniversary.

But the ABC report may be worth a watch.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to believe roadkill than I am the FBI...We may have an official investigation but we dont have real answers. Until then, this is an open case.

An FBI informant telling an ABC anchor that the FBI screwed up isn't good enough. If thats the case- disband the FBI seeing as how they aren't doing the job they are being paid to do.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

There was a thread done lately, (I'll try and find it) explaining that the 911 truth movement was planned by TPTB and we are all involved in a masswive psy-op.

When you see ABC releasing reports like this it kind of makes sense.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
"An FBI informant telling an ABC anchor that the FBI screwed up isn't good enough."

Eight years after the fact, and this is the best the mainstream media can do? Yeah, let's keep going round in circles blaming agencies like the FBI or CIA, both of which have no accountability to the public. This story makes the assumption that Atta was on the plane in question - something which the Alphabet Soup Network has failed to prove. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I agree with you for the most part, but the biggest issue here (I Feel) is the delberate effort by the FBI to draw attention away from the ACTUAL TERRORISTS!, and onto the wannabe terrorists.

If I didn't know any better, some one at ABC is trying to stirr things up.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Health care is getting too hot to handle, so let's go back to Bush bashing.
Got to take the heat off of Obama and the Dems.

As far as this guy is concerned, think about this. What would you do if you had a time machine and could go back to September 9th 2001? Do you think anybody would believe you?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Health care is getting too hot to handle, so let's go back to Bush bashing.
Got to take the heat off of Obama and the Dems.

As far as this guy is concerned, think about this. What would you do if you had a time machine and could go back to September 9th 2001? Do you think anybody would believe you?

You might have a point about the health care issue.

And the issue isn't just the reliability of the witness but the fact that ABC ran with this story, implying that the FBI intentionally sidetracked the informantys efforts.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's not a big secret any more. The FBI was playing games with the CIA, wittholding evidence from them, not attending to vital information coming in, etc.

At various points Israel, Britain, Turkey, even Saudi Arabia, Russia, others foreign intelligence agencies - were providing the US with pieces of the puzzle they had picked up. And it wasn't being shared and co-ordination was lacking all around.

The head of Mossad in his memoirs related how he had agents tracking four of the hijackers. They knew they were planning something, but not exactly what. FBI ignored his demands to penetrate deeper.

There had been a plan to pull 9/11 in June 2001 to coincide with the visit of the Israeli PM. It was aborted. This may have given the agencies a false impression it was stalled.

It's been cleasr there was a gross negligence and incompetence all around with the FBI being the prime organizaton not pulling it's weight.

Of course there's suspicion some intelligence ws willfully not acted on by the admin. Apparently they thought the training on cessnas meant a small attack, possibly in Europe. They were prepared to let it go further and do a sting, or ceonceivably capitalize on it for propaganda.

We will never know exactly who knew what in advance.

Mike

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh yea sure...the whole world is screaming "foul" and demanding an explanation and now they come up with more smoke and mirrors and more BS.

Sorry, and i hope nobody watches this excrement of a show.

top topics

join