It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Stossel hired by FNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Was curious what you all thought about this. I heard about it on the Beck show. I have always thought John Stossel was a pretty decent reporter and has done some pretty interesting expose's. Does anyone know what happened? Did he get fired from his old job or did he quit when Fox made him an offer? Either way this is a pretty big coup by Fox.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
He's going to host a weekly show called "Stossel" on Fox Business channel. He's grown away from the things ABC wants to do and feels Fox will allow him more leeway. He starts in October.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've had a chance to actually meet John Stossel and he is really a stand up guy. Very nice. Very well-mannered, professional and a great journalist. We talked about our families and he's a real down to earth guy. I was extremely surprised to hear him joining FNC today and actually look forward to him going towards bigger stories than what 20/20 has to offer.

This is unexpected but a good thing in the long run...He'll have far more freedom and power to do the stories he wants, rather then little random 20/20-type stories like a "grandmother who lost a ring 40 years ago finds it".

Frankly, Fox News needs someone with a reputation like Stossel and he needs to break away from ABC for sure.

I just wish they'd get rid of O'Reilly for 'em. Looking forward to watching

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
he was the best reason to watch 20/20,,, he didf the only "real journalism" exposing things needing to be exposed,,,

the rest all do fluff stories or documenting murders etc...

stossel took on the tough stuff

ps,,,, i will remember him most for "being knocked the**** out"..... line from the movie friday........

wrestler sid vicios,, gives him the smack down on fake wrestling

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Holy Crap!I had completely forgotten about that sid vicious clip.
I remember watching that when I was a little boy and heavily into wrasslin.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
he was the best reason to watch 20/20,,, he didf the only "real journalism" exposing things needing to be exposed,,,

the rest all do fluff stories or documenting murders etc...

stossel took on the tough stuff

ps,,,, i will remember him most for "being knocked the**** out"..... line from the movie friday........

wrestler sid vicios,, gives him the smack down on fake wrestling

Actually it's not Sid Vicious, it's "Dr. D" David Shultz, says so in the vid. Though he does kinda look like Sid. Stossel ended up sueing and settling out of court for $425K. I think he suffered some hearing loss in one of his ears from being smacked down.

Pretty good pick up by Fox though. I guess that's why they're No. 1. CNN has really hit the skids i think they're behind even the official Obama network, MSNBC now. And that's really bad.

new topics

top topics

join