It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK climate scepticism more common

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

UK climate scepticism more common

news.bbc.co.uk

The British public has become more sceptical about climate change over the last five years, according to a survey.
Twice as many people now agree that "claims that human activities are changing the climate are exaggerated".
Four in 10 believe that many leading experts still question the evidence. One in five are "hard-line sceptics".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting survey here from Cardiff University. I'm a little surprised, but I can understand where they are coming from here. It does get a little tiring when you keep hearing new claims about Climate Change.

I'm not even sure where I stand myself on this anymore. I think that the changes are happening, but I'm not sure just how drastic they are, and how much of it is human caused.

This survey is sure to please the AGW skeptics though.

Sometimes, when I hear scientists saying we are past the point of no return anyway, I wonder why we should even bother caring, we might as well just work on colonizing another planet before wasting time on new fuel sources/recycling etc if the planet is irreversibly ruined anyway.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think when people hear about global warming in this country, we imagine things being a bit warmer, yet our winters have remained cold and our summers, well, it's hardly been a mediterranean summer this year.

new topics

join