It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich: Health Care is a Civil Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Health Care is a Civil Right

by Rep. Dennis Kucinich

www.globalresearch.ca

There is only one true health care public option: Single payer. It covers everyone, all basic health care needs, with doctor of choice. No more premiums, co-pays or deductibles. All health care assets in America would become not-for-profit. The bill already exists. It is HR 676. Congressman John Conyers and I wrote the bill. Our bill has the support of 85 co-sponsors in the House. And it is backed by a growing national movement of labor, doctors, and nurses. The movement needs you.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Give this man a freaking cookie!
I agree wholeheartedly that an actual 'single payer' system is absolutely needed in the US. If other (non 3rd world) countries like the UK, Canada, France, and so on, are able to cover everyone under one system without corporateized insurance companies there is no reason we shouldn't have such a thing here in the US.
Obama speaks about not wanting to put insurance companies out of business...I say hogwash, dissolve them all!

How would this totally broke nation pay for such a thing you ask?
How about immediately ending all the wars and acts of aggression on other sovereign nations, which taxpayers have been paying for to the tune of TRILLIONS of dollars?
Become isolationists until every single US citizen is being provided adequate health care, and we get our fiscal house in order.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Are food, water, clothing, and shelter also "civil rights?"

Should the federal government provide each and every one of those to each and every individual in this country?

Also, I DO have a right to keep and bear arms. Does that mean that the Federal Government should buy me a gun? If not, how can you say the government should buy you healthcare (which isn't a right, but a service...a privilege) or food or water (again, not rights, but goods/services).

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Charity begins at home. But there's no money in it Get used to living in a third world country. I just signed an apartment lease in the beautiful country of Amsterdam. I was lucky enough to secure employment there. Every country needs accountants. It took a long time but it was well worth it. And just because I was born here it doesn't mean I have to love it. I guess that makes me unpatriotic. Oh well. I've been called worse. I can't really blame TPTB for America's problems. It's in there best interest to keep us divided. We don't even need their help'. You will never see Comprehensive Health Care Reform or whatever you want to call it in this country. America has never cared for it's poor or needy and I doubt it ever will. I'll ber out of here in two months. I can't hardly wait.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

We can't isolate. Its absolutely impossible in the modern world.

With that said we can't abandon interests outside the country that help maintain stability in the country.

Energy is one of those major interests. Raw Materials are another.

Sure we can stop the wars, but thats already spending money we don't have.

What are we really going to do? Borrow money from China to pay for healthcare?

In a perfect world, the government would try to stop the country from becoming insolvent first, before it addressed any utopian pipedreams.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
Charity begins at home. But there's no money in it Get used to living in a third world country. I just signed an apartment lease in the beautiful country of Amsterdam.

Sorry to be a pedant, but Amsterdam is not a country. It's a large city in the country of The Netherlands.

I wouldn't normally correct you, but seeing as you're going to be living there, i think it's probably best you should be informed. The locals get awfully upset about such things.

Interestingly, The Netherlands also has universal health care.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Paroxysm

Sure we can stop the wars, but thats already spending money we don't have.

What are we really going to do? Borrow money from China to pay for healthcare?

Well since BHO became POTUS, he and Congress have approved over 100 BILLION to continue the Iraq war (which we were led into by Dubya's lies and faulty intelligence), as well as over 500 Million to buy our Congressional delegates a few brand new private jets (so that they don't have to sit next to, or interact with us "common folks" when in transit between home and DC).

Where did THIS money come from?? China? The Fed? Their A$$?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

Your right. I'm just very excited. I've worked and waited a long time for this. And not just for the obvious reasons.

join