It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with shotgun arrested outside Obama speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Va. man with gun arrested near Capitol during Obama health care address.

U.S. Capitol Police have arrested a Virginia man they say tried to get into a secure area near the Capitol with a gun in his car as the president gave his health care address to Congress.

Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said Thursday that 28-year-old Joshua Bowman of Falls Church, Va., was arrested around 8 p.m. Wednesday. Bowman's intentions were unclear, police said.

Schneider says Bowman approached a security checkpoint near the Cannon House Office Building in a 4-door Honda Civic and told officers he wanted to park.

People who want to get into the area must have a permit and have their vehicles searched. The timing of the request raised an officer's suspicion, Schneider said, and Bowman consented to a vehicle search.

Schneider said a shotgun and ammunition were found in Bowman's trunk. Bowman was charged with having an unregistered firearm and ammunition, she said.

A telephone directory lists a Joshua Bowman in Falls Church, but the telephone rang unanswered Thursday afternoon.

rawstory.com...

Well with over 40 death threats a day, I'm sure we can expect to see this happen much more often. Yep. This fall is getting interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

This is not surprising in the least to me, instead it surprises me it is not happening more.

People are getting fed up with the man, via starving, because he's doing nothing.

Cotton Candy Words, Gumdrop Dreams, and Rainbow Smiles : Mr Obama's Sugar High

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

THIS is exactly what sucks about DC.

In Texas, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Arizona, New Mexico, and damn near any other state you care to mention, a shotgun is not a weapon that has to be registered.

Besides, it was in a locked trunk. Not easily accessible.

This will come to a head.

This overbearing elite will one day soon pay their due.

And I for one won't have any pity whatsoever.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by dooper]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
All this talk about the "evil elite" is exactly what conservatives have been begging and voting to have for years.

What do you think capitalism creates, exactly? Poor people with no money or influence?

The "rich elites" aren't going anywhere anytime soon. The republicans under Bush made them even more powerful, and people seemed to cheer that -- because they got a measly $1200 tax return, while people like Warren Buffet got billions of dollars back.

Now we have people fighting tooth and nail to have insurance remain privatized, while complaining that non-regulated derivatives are going to bring down the world economy. Hello conservatives -- anyone home? What do you think privatization and deregulation means? It's in the word "un-regulated derivative contract." This is exactly what Ronald Regan preached. It's exactly what conservatives have been begging for.

What about all the credit card penalties and fees? Hello -- DE-REGULATION. You've been begging for it for years now. We can't regulate the credit card companies -- because regulations get in the way of the economy -- right?

Conservatives have ruined this country, and by the looks of town hall meetings that took place over the last 3 months, they will continue to ruin it.

Get use to it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Perhaps this was the first shot that wasn't fired.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Bah- if someone decided to take the president out, all they have to do is steal a monster truck and drive THRU the place he's in. Thunk, squish, bye bye. Or plant a bomb. Or sneak something nasty into the vent system. Heck, even a few poisonous snakes dumped in, or something like killer bees, wasps...

Now: NOTE! TO any govt types, THIS IS NOT A THREAT AT THE PRESIDENT. I usually have 56 diff ways to look at something, and and does not constitute either an action, or a thought of action on the President. Nor is it a suggestion to anyone ELSE to do it, either. So, if anyone gets any ideas, don't do it, ya schmucks.

There's a lot of really creative ways to kill someone- which makes me wonder why all of a sudden these 'Mr X possessed a (shot)gun, ammo, in his car, in his pocket, showed up at a rally with an automatic, ect ect ect. More magician sleight of hand? I dunno why, but some of these 'death threats' and other assorted weirdness just don't add up somehow.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by warrenb

In Texas, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Arizona, New Mexico, and damn near any other state you care to mention, a shotgun is not a weapon that has to be registered.

Wrong wrong wrong! I can't say it enough. I don't care if it is a president that is popular or unpopular or heading either way fast. It is still our PRESIDENT. There are certain areas in this country where weapons are not allowed. Period. Near the president is one. Also, D.C. is not actually part of this country. It is but isn't.

Anyways, no guns of any type, regardless of whether they are legal or not or needed to be registered or not should be allowed near any capital buildings at all. That's just how it is.

On a public street where the president isn't located? Sure. There is no law against that.

But these people need to use their brains more. Especially when our president is getting so many death threats.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

We haven't had free market capitalism since 1913 when your good friends, the progressives came in and took over with the Federal Reserve.

The minor fascism that took hold with the Federal Reserve's inception has what has lead to the every increasing disparity in wealth distribution.

I suggest you do a little homework.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

And what really does this rant have to do with bearing arms or, more to the point, bearing arms within range of the president? I just don't get it. Seems like you were simply wanting to off load on the 'conservatives'. Actually, what you are referring to are 'republicans' because the conservative does NOT want de-regulation.

Right now there is a very serious distinction between conservative and republican.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
*looks at the above post* Sheesh. That's gotta be a first- having a need to put in a disclaimer to keep the Secret Squirrels- I mean Service from thinking I am considering anything.

I just remembered- sometime last week, While I was dumping clothes into the laundromat, some guy was on tv- he had actually CALLED 911 and threatened to kill Obama, complete with swear words bleeping out 80% of the call. I had 2 thoughts on this: 1- what kind of numbskull would pull a stunt like that.... but then- what if this guy is being used to throw off something else going on- it was all an act, someone knew how to trigger him to do it, ect. It just seemed... weird. That'd be like me calling 911 and telling them I was currently robbing the local MiniMart on 3rd and elm, using a sawed off shotgun, and my license plate number, what I was driving, and where I was going to make my getaway! Meanwhile, my partner is holding up a bank, after disabling the alarms, knocking out the guards and the patrons, and is loading up a car to the windows with $100 bills and whistling happily away while doing it.

It's kinda like how a certain animal- I cant remember what- hunts- one scares the prey in one direction, while the other, completely hidden, jumps out and lands dinner.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

You are either free or not. As soon as you put a "if", "but", "except", "when", or any other clause or stipulation on it, the word Free does not apply.

The Second Amendment does not say "except when the President is around" or anyone else for that matter.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Question... How come those other people showed to an Obama thing with automatic weapons or whatever they had, and no one stopped them? Did I miss something somewhere, or did reality stroke off again on me?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

You are either free or not. As soon as you put a "if", "but", "except", "when", or any other clause or stipulation on it, the word Free does not apply.

The Second Amendment does not say "except when the President is around" or anyone else for that matter.

No, I do understand that. However, in D.C. there is a slightly different governing rule. People have a little less self governance there since Congress has the supreme rule over the district. It's a bit difference.

But then again, here is the issue with what you are saying. Our president needs to be among the most protected individuals in the nation. If someone is insisting on bringing a weapon into an area that has been listed as a NO GUN ZONE then that person is forfeiting their right to carry that weapon.

Organizers of the presidents speeches have the authority to make their venues NO GUN ZONES. Because WHERE the president is speaking is almost always on private property. However, in D.C. it is a little bit different. There are streets and many of the buildings are actually owned by the federal government. The 'public right of way' does not exist in the same way as it does in other areas of the country.

So when you add all that together you come up with the basic conclusion that under most circumstances, and especially this one, you are NOT allowed to bring a weapon near the president.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Question... How come those other people showed to an Obama thing with automatic weapons or whatever they had, and no one stopped them? Did I miss something somewhere, or did reality stroke off again on me?

It's a completely different situation my friend. They were not showing up where Obama actually was. They were showing up at town hall meetings. They were actually taking the weapons inside the private property. They were exercising their right to bare arms. They broke no laws and as far as I'm concerned they were right in doing so. Now, if they were displaying the weapons in a menacing manner I would have an issue with it. Those types don't deserve to have weapons or 'arms' as I like to call them.

It's the people that are trying to take our arms away that like to refer to them as weapons and it is a bad habit I am slipping into when trying to defend that right.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

No the difference is the gun laws in AZ are completely different than D.C.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Ah... I did miss something, then. After I had heard about it I was thinking 'Geeze- all these death threats, and these people are allowed in with weapons to see the president? Are they PTB TRYING to kill him off and start a war??"

I feel better now. Kinda.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Does anyone review the titles of the threads here, or are they allowed to be misleading and deceiving?

He's from Virginia. Of course he had a shotgun in his trunk. The title of the thread would suggest he was carrying a shotgun, or had one within arm's length.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think this goes to show the idiots raving over the guys that brought guns to rallies that...

Got a gun? You won't get near the president. That's the way things go. Hopefully the MSM realizes this and admits their mistake.

Haha.. yeah some guy muttering and wearing a tin foil hat, carrying an uzi with a chest rig strapped to him walking up and shaking the presidents hand then walking away after is more likely than that.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by warrenb

Wrong wrong wrong! I can't say it enough. I don't care if it is a president that is popular or unpopular or heading either way fast. It is still our PRESIDENT. There are certain areas in this country where weapons are not allowed. Period. Near the president is one. Also, D.C. is not actually part of this country. It is but isn't.

Anyways, no guns of any type, regardless of whether they are legal or not or needed to be registered or not should be allowed near any capital buildings at all. That's just how it is.

On a public street where the president isn't located? Sure. There is no law against that.

But these people need to use their brains more. Especially when our president is getting so many death threats.

Well, it really boils down to this... He wouldn't have to worry about death threats if he was actually producing on his promises. Like all politicians, he's all talk to get in the door, and then when he's in, it's personal agenda time, public voters be damned. I don't know why we even have elections anymore. What's the point? We just trade one face on the monster with another. Different faces, same beast. They don't care anymore about us than we do about them. They aren't there to serve our interests. They are there to make money, to gain power, to impose their will on us, and to bask in all of their self-glory. The system is so stagnant with corruption, that the smell is just the "norm" now, because we've all been conditioned and we're all used to it. This country is doomed, and these douche bags are going to get as rich as possible, taking everything they can from us, while they can. While the rest of us are left here to fend for ourselves, they will be off in another country, enjoying the spoils of our travesties.

new topics

top topics

join