It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 infects cells deep in lungs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
H1N1 infects cells deep in lungs

The H1N1 pandemic virus can infect cells deeper in the lungs than those affected by seasonal flu viruses, say researchers who looked at how the virus seems to operate.

Most people infected with swine flu have relatively mild symptoms. Doctors have also reported that some patients hospitalized with swine flu develop worse symptoms than seasonal flu victims.

Source: www.cbc.ca...

Here's a related thread I posted about a week ago.

Lung damage in fatal swine flu cases more bird flu than seasonal flu
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here's an interesting quote from the article.

"If the flu virus mutates in the future, it may attach to the receptors deep inside the lungs more strongly, and this could mean that more people would experience serious symptoms," Feizi said in a release.

"We think scientists should be on the lookout for these kinds of changes in the virus so we can try to find ways of minimizing the impact of such changes."

[edit on 10-9-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Good catch!..so, a very "gentle" way of saying what I have thought for awhile now. H1N1 is, and has been, mutating. Is this what you are also trying to point out?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That's my suspicion. The death toll is now at 3,205. That's a thousand reported death from swine flu over a 2 week period. From April until the end of August (a 5 month period) was 2,000. Seems to be ramping up.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Thanks for posting this information! All of the people I know that have gotten this flu have been sick longer with infection in the lungs, even the healthy ones!

I wonder if this is due to the mix of bird and swine flu in "it"?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What would be really good, is if instead of inciting panic, someone tracked how many deaths are related to the "regular" flu as well. Kinda post them neck and neck, and let the numbers display for themselves.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. So what about us smokers who have mucus lined lungs?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I completely can see it's been mutating.

It's also hitting the homefront this weekend.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I wish I still had the link to this. Recent American Lung Association numbers report 2,000 deaths "average" a year from flu related complications.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I've also wondered about those of us that have allergy problems?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Where I live, the sf has been so highly contagious, yet mild, that health officials are now saying that, since there have been no cases of seasonal flu, if someone has a "cold", it's probably sf. Only pregnant women and admissions to hospital for possible severe sf are being tested.

Doctors now say to just stay home, get lots of bed rest and drink lots of fluids. That's what I did, and got through it. I suppose smokers could develop more severe symptoms or secondary infections, since this is like a very bad cold (runny nose, cough). People I know who had other medical conditions had it really bad. Good warning to keep as healthy as possible in the first place I guess.

At least I'm now resistant to the flu shot recommendations!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

The different type of symptons in your area could be another indication of mutation. Around here it's been more than just a very bad cold. A cousin just got admitted to the hospital.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Most people infected with swine flu have relatively mild symptoms. Doctors have also reported that some patients hospitalized with swine flu develop worse symptoms than seasonal flu victims.

Worse symptoms? You mean DEATH? I would say that is much worse! Thanks for the thread I think many on here need this kind of information, some folks are getting lost to swine flu being some kind of weapon along with the vaccine that they are ignoring the truth about this flu. Star and flag!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

The 'regular' flu and swine flu are not the same thing, regardless of how many deaths per. Mutation will cause many many more than the 'regular flu', the count or comparision will not matter. Seasonal flu does not behave in the same way that swine flu does now, nor how it will when mutated.

top topics

join