It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why pretend race doesn't matter?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Older generations? Chew your "backy?

Are you implying that old people use chewing tobacco? 'Cause I know several that don't.

I'm not even gonna ask if that was supposed to be some kind of redneck/old/country person attack either, because it's not. Or at least I hope not, you wouldn't seriously say that to your grandparents would you? Or mine? I'd hope not...for your sake. How about a little respect for your elders?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Over and over i hear people say that Obama's race doesn't matter. Of course it does.
Is there really anyone out there that is so lost they think that people aren't concerned with race? Please. Are you aware of the fact that non whites didn't have full civil rights ( legally ) until 1964?
Do you realize a great number of Americans living right now were around in 1964?
I'd guess at least 20% of Americans have a problem with having a black President.
Don't say he's half white, in America if you look black, YOU ARE BLACK! Spare me your "reverse racism" bal;oney, this thread is about racism towards Obama.
It's funny how NOBODY can just admit it bugs them that we have a black man as President!

How can you be genuinely upset about people not liking him because he's black, when the only reason you voted for him is because he's black? You're a bigot and are only trying to start trouble.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

How can you be genuinely upset about people not liking him because he's black, when the only reason you voted for him is because he's black? You're a bigot and are only trying to start trouble.

And tonights leap in logic award goes to............!
Amazing!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
OK, if we are going to talk about racism.. a simple question to the OP. I have no doubt that there is still racism in America. Now, OP, do you see just as much problem with black racism vs whites? And, if you feel that say, 20% of whites have a problem with "a black man" what percent of blacks do you feel hold racial prejudice too?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broox
OK, if we are going to talk about racism.. a simple question to the OP. I have no doubt that there is still racism in America. Now, OP, do you see just as much problem with black racism vs whites? And, if you feel that say, 20% of whites have a problem with "a black man" what percent of blacks do you feel hold racial prejudice too?

Nope, not going to highjack my own thread.
I said at in my OP I'm not talking about "reverse racism" etc.
If you want to talk about black racism, start your own thread1
This one is about racism and Obama. Pay attention please!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Oh yea, I forgot, if it's in your favor it's right, but if not...well I guess they're wrong! Ok, so maybe I should be more you specific, how about an example:

You like him because he's black.
I don't like him because he's black.

What's the difference?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Another person using the race card. Wow, you know, I really wish I had invented the idea of a "The Race Card" as a commercially available product because I would be a multimillionaire by now.

Any criticism of Barack Obama gets linked to racism. Can I question his past? Can I question his motives? Can I question his policies? Can I point out that some of his policies are not good for his country and many other parts of the world? Can I question how somebody who was virtually an unknown average Joe several years ago has become the POTUS? Can I question who and why he chooses to surround himself with certain individuals? Can I question why he mislead many US citizens during his campaign? Can I question why he has appeared to have lied about many promises he made previously?

This was allowed to happen for the previous President. No accusations of racism then. Is this because the previous president was White? Ok, so we are allowed to ask complex questions, make unfounded assertions and refer to him in the most colourful of words because he was White. But doing the same thing with Obama because he happens to be black is now racism in your eyes?

I won't pretend race doesn't matter because to yourself and other individuals with similar views, clearly it does!

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sr_robert1

Oh yea, I forgot, if it's in your favor it's right, but if not...well I guess they're wrong! Ok, so maybe I should be more you specific, how about an example:

You like him because he's black.
I don't like him because he's black.

What's the difference?

I think there a lot of differences between you and I.
This is my last reply to you. I suggest you learn to behave.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Over and over i hear people say that Obama's race doesn't matter. Of course it does.

Well it's quiet obvious that it does matter - to you...
But nope... the majority of us aren't racist, as much as you may like to believe it.

Is there really anyone out there that is so lost they think that people aren't concerned with race? Please.

The majority obviously isn't concerned with race.
If the above statement is not true, I would like to see your conspiracy theory, complete with evidence, on how Obama managed to get 53% of the votes in a country which is more conservative than liberal.

It's as simple as that.
If a significant percentage of Americans were racist, it would have shown up in the polls, and Obama would have lost. Either that or all the racists just decided to stay home on election day

Time to look at reality.

Are you aware of the fact that non whites didn't have full civil rights ( legally ) until 1964?

Is that the case in 2009? Nope.
So why does it matter?
Are you arguing that a significant percentage of Americans were racist in 1964, or in 2009??

I'd guess at least 20% of Americans have a problem with having a black President.

And it would only be a guess.
I guess that most people who are critical of Obama do so because of policy and not race.
I also guess that my guess is better than your guess... I guess...

Don't say he's half white, in America if you look black, YOU ARE BLACK!

Fair enough. He's black. You happy?
Now ask yourself one question.
Why does it matter?
Why do you look at him as a black man to be discriminated against by us EVIL WHITES? Why not simply look at him as an AMERICAN?
You, sir/madam, are part of the problem, and you don't even realize it.
You're the type that brings racism to the forefront of our psyche day after day.
We get it.
Some people are racist.
Some white people are racist.
Some black people are racist.
Some Mexicans are racist.
Some Eskimos are racist.

But for some reason, when it comes to popular opinion and main stream news, only the white people are racist (that's one Hell of a filter).

Poor Eskimos... they always get left out of the fray

Spare me your "reverse racism" bal;oney, this thread is about racism towards Obama.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say this is more about your political views, and how you see the President YOU agree with being attacked and you think this is unfair. You, most likely, sat by the past 8 years giving little attention to the hatred directed towards President Bush (or maybe you were one of the people carrying the torches). Perhaps you assumed "He's a white Republican. He had it coming"?
I'll let you in on a secret.
No matter what color skin the President has, he/she will always receive criticism and hatred.
I'm sure a small percentage of this hatred is from loony racist whites, just as I'm sure a small percentage of hatred directed at Bush was from loony racist blacks.
You seem to want everyone to say "Yah ok... you're right... I'm just being racist. There really is no legitimate criticism of Obama. He's great. And I'm dirt because I'm an evil white racist."
I have to wonder...
Is bringing race into this just a way for you to ignore any legitimate criticism towards Obama - just chalking it all as racism?

It's funny how NOBODY can just admit it bugs them that we have a black man as President!

Would you be willing to admit it?
Because it's obvious that it bugs you more than most...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm sorry I don't behave according to your standards. I also understand it's easier to back down than have a civil debate. So I will accept your surrender and won't post another response on this thread towards you as to not push the matter further. I will now flaunt my victory using this cool new phrase I heard on TV last night: YOU LIE! (I don't know either :puz

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

This was allowed to happen for the previous President. No accusations of racism then. Is this because the previous president was White? Ok, so we are allowed to ask complex questions, make unfounded assertions and refer to him in the most colourful of words because he was White. But doing the same thing with Obama because he happens to be black is now racism in your eyes?

[edit on 10/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

If I may, Bush's racism was brought to attention by a very high-up, valuable member of society...Kanye West! Remember? "George Bush hates black people!" I know it's kind of a different angle than what you're talking about. But it was still brought up.

Note: I think this "West" character was full of it. (It = Stuff that's not good)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Obama brought it on himself. Look who his biggest influences/friends are- Rev, Wright, ACORN, Van Jones, the racist Harvard professor, the New Black Panther Party... All these black people who cry racism at the drop of a hat are responsible for racist feelings in people who weren't racist before. His Chicaco-style of politics and association with thugs have made race an issue, not people who don't like him because he is half black.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I won't pretend race doesn't matter because to yourself and other individuals with similar views, clearly it does!

Quoted for truth, relevance, and great justice.

The truth is often coupled with irony. Perhaps the Universe is not without a sense of humor...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Is there really anyone out there that is so lost they think that people aren't concerned with race? Please. Are you aware of the fact that non whites didn't have full civil rights ( legally ) until 1964?
Do you realize a great number of Americans living right now were around in 1964?
Don't say he's half white, in America if you look black, YOU ARE BLACK! Spare me your "reverse racism" bal;oney, this thread is about racism towards Obama.

Seems to me, the only people truly concerned with his race, are a few backwoods brainless folk, and Obama supporters, Oh... and YOU, apparently. It never ceases to amaze me that party A calls party B racist, but party A was the first to bring race into the equation.

HUH?

Who are the really real racists? Seems to me that the Obama supporters that yell RACISM! are the ones most bothered by the fact that the man isn't white.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by seagull

I suggest you read my posts more carefully. I'm suggesting that race is a huge factor for Obama hate. I personally love the guy!

There is your real answer. You "love" Obama so you can not fathom that anyone else could not like him for any reason other than Racism.

You likely did not "love" Bush. Did you dislike him for his race or because you did not like his policies? Be honest now?

As to your original question. I'm old enough to fit into your group who are that old.

Race did not bother me in College when I fell in love with a Chinese girl.

Race did not bother me when I married my first Wife, who was Black.

Race did not bother me when my wonderful Daughter was born who is whether you like it or not the same race as Obama.

Let me ask you something else here? Are you opposed to mixed marriages? Be honest? When you see a mixed couple does it bother you at all?

Life has taught me that he who yells the loudest is always the most guilty. Do you hate Whites? Be honest?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Nope, not going to highjack my own thread.
I said at in my OP I'm not talking about "reverse racism" etc.

Just as a side note - why should it be called "reverse racism"?
Racism is racism...
Saying "reverse racism" implies that the natural (for lack of a better term) state of racism is only achieved by a majority such as whites - which is, ironically, racist.
Blacks can be just as racist as whites.
There's nothing 'reverse' about it...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I do not think the MAJORITY of anti Obama is racist in the traditional form of hating based upon racial stereotypes.
I do think in some cases it is, others NOT and for many it is a matter of identifying
with people more similar to you, which includes race, accent, culture etc...

I think all of this falls at large as a matter of politics and identity.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Race only matters because people aren't educated enough. There is no such thing as separate races when it comes to humans. We are all one "Race", The "Human Race". Mexican, Asian, Black, White, we are all the same race. We are only different in appearance because people from different ethnic backgrounds have different genetic frequencies. We all have 99.9% identical genes, just different mixtures of them. Come on people. Biology 101

Once people start to understand this we wont have these isssues anymore.

If you look at it from the same perspective i do, the color of skin means ABSOLUTELY nothing

Edit, im wasn't done

[edit on 11-9-2009 by LogicandReason]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yea, me to. It's pointless. Some can only see race as a common denominator for everything.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There is nothing Top Secret about Obama becoming President. This was all planned when he was just a gleam in his father's eye. He won to easy, with such less resitence and soooooo much money. His running opponet was also a chrippled guy who could not even raise his arms over his head. So my point is after the Bush Era and all the messed Bush Sr. created and finished(including WTC, approving drug sales to our children etc., etc) they just said, ok now that we got our money and the NWO going our way, let us stick this "Brother" in so that he will go down in history for screwing up America. Obama is a scapegoat and we the people are the suckers to fall for the games played out by the Skull&Bones in universities like Harvard, Yale or Princeton who hand pick who will serve in the highest office around the United States. As far as this thread is concerned reference being racist, it's not my problem. I can assure you that we are not above them rather far behind an Alien nation who has infiltrated the halls of the Pentagon, Whitehouse and Halls of Justice!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join