It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Fake Libertarian!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Beck is a hypocritical Libertarian at best.

Heyya' David.

Just because someone claims to be part of a certain political party doesn't mean they have to agree with all that party's ideals. For instance, I know plenty of Republicans who are against the death penalty and plenty of Democrats who are against abortion.

Glenn Beck disagrees with his party of choice on a few issues.
But he still belongs to that party.

Ya' know?

P.S. Have ya' finished Atlas Shrugged yet? Did ya' like it??

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

That's BS. You know damn well that a third party candidate has ZERO chance of winning the President...he ran Republican because it was the only legitimate chance he has.

You actually thought Ron Paul had a legitimate chance either way is quite amusing.

He was running for President of the United States not President of the Internet.

Where is all the money he raised? His internet minions flooded his coffers. What happened to it? In fact at one time he held a lead in the fundraising race. Where is the money?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ron Paul will be too old in 2012 to be president.
YES .. I know that Reagan was old as well, and that McCain was old
but got the nomination... but neither of them were really up for the task.
Reagan was taking naps in meetings during his second term.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Glenn Beck disagrees with his party of choice on a few issues. But he still belongs to that party.

Glenn Beck used to be a liberal...I've heard him say it many times. I listen to him often at work. I know how he is.

Beck would do himself better if he REALLY went after corrupted Republicans...but he hasn't...at least no where near to the degree he has Democrats and anything associated with liberals. Yes...he has been critical at times...but hardly equal criticism by any means. I will say though...that some of the things he says are correct.

That...and he's constantly pushing Sarah Palin which drives me insane.

I hope people realize that I was probably the first person who started posting his videos here on ATS...and I caught all kinds of crap for it too.

I criticize who I want to and I won't bind myself to a political party. I believe in what is right in my mind. I don't care what most people state on television. It's ridiculous that we have to look for shreds of truth in everything presented to us each day by the corporate media.

That's the real enemy IMO. If Beck started going after the corporations...the BIG BOYS...and not just GE....then he'd gain more legitimacy in my book.

Another thing I hate about Beck is t hat he's pro NAFTA. You cannot complain about illegal immigration and not NAFTA IMO. NAFTA only benefits corporations and leaves the middle class hung out to try...which is also another factor in this recession.

As for the book...I don't have time! One day I'lll get through it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

he's constantly pushing Sarah Palin which drives me insane.

That and his raw cookie dough ... pretty dumb

Like I said - some days he's a buffoon and some days he's brilliant.
It's hit or miss - IMHO.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You actually thought Ron Paul had a legitimate chance either way is quite amusing. He was running for President of the United States not President of the Internet. Where is all the money he raised? His internet minions flooded his coffers. What happened to it? In fact at one time he held a lead in the fundraising race. Where is the money?

I didn't know of Ron Paul until after he was out of the race....actually i found out about him because of ATS. I did not follow politics until the last election.

President of the Internet? How about President of the Corporations?

Ron Paul is not a real friend to Corporations because he is anti-NAFTA...not to mention he would actually prosecute corruption.

I don't know what the hell he did with his money. It's kind of hard to compete when corporations and banks are filling the coffers of the other Republican candidates.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree that he is probably too old...and that is why i have no optimism for the next election. I see no man that the corporate media is pushing that I would want as President.

Replacing idiots with other idiots isn't a win for anyone.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I'm baffled as to why so many allegedly informed people are taken in by hacks like Beck. It's not a matter of right or left, but of integrity and credibilty.

I'm baffled by people's attention on the relative newcomer Beck, while people like Olbermann, Mathews, Gregory, Blitzer, Williams, Shultz, Medow, Stewart, Colbert, Shuester, Brewer and many more get to spew lies and never get any sort of scrutiny.

Obviously this is because the people I mentioned dominate the media and focus all their ire on Beck. Like nice little lemmings, the people who watch them get outraged right on cue. Beck is one guy, while the people I mentioned all spread their left wing propaganda with impunity.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The OP lost cred with the Emo Phillips quote....
Carlin would at least show THOUGHT

top topics

<< 1   >>

join