It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do bad things happen to good people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lets put it this way. If infinite represented 100%, God would be 99%. Moral love, order etc. Satan would be the infinite 1 percent. hate, chaos, destruction of consciousness. So when bad things happen you just got unlucky and Satan won. The best thing you can do is prey to GOD and hope Satan from the abyss dimension does not win.
So you cant blame GOD for every thing. Way I see it anyway.
Consciousness is divine. We are the universe conscious of its self. Its to bad people, abuse it for power, evil etc.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Azen thorhammer]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
life would be boring if it was too perfect, dont u think about that?

there will be problems that will have to face and we can make life better for ourself and for others if we want to.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by platipus]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Maybe because they have already evolved spiritually to a high degree and needs new challenges/difficulties to evolve further. We grow the most by overcoming things.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
life would be boring if it was too perfect, dont u think about that?

there will be problems that will have to face and we can make life better for ourself and for others if we want to.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by platipus]

I belive one day humans will overcome Satan from the abyss. We will become angels (Nano bots rebuilding our body so we live for 1000 years.) in this dimension helping uninvolved beings. Satan will have to move to chimpanzees. As him not having power over us. To overcome Satan for the human race will be tough but if we do not...we will do our selves in.
We can defeat him as a whole by following simplistic moral logic and love. Avoiding hate and destruction.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well what is bad and what is good? Events that happen in your life are just events, and it is you who determine whether they are bad or good, but they are neither. Where good and bad comes into play is in your own personal actions and thoughts. You can choose to help that old lady across the street or push her in front of a car, or just ignore her in her time of need. Life experiences are neutral, just like dying is neutral.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well what is bad and what is good? Events that happen in your life are just events, and it is you who determine whether they are bad or good, but they are neither. Where good and bad comes into play is in your own personal actions and thoughts. You can choose to help that old lady across the street or push her in front of a car, or just ignore her in her time of need. Life experiences are neutral, just like dying is neutral.

I believe the universe is conscious (God and Satan are a part of it.) and when it comes to conscious beings there is GOOD and EVIL. Its not relative. It is a underlining fact of the universe. We are the universe that is conscious of its self ... We being high in consciousness know what is evil and good. The higher the consciousness the less confused one is about evil and good.
Simple morality...(Following simple commandments and Harm none. Is not that hard.) is the path to heaven.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azen thorhammer
Lets put it this way. If infinite represented 100%, God would be 99%. Moral love, order etc. Satan would be the infinite 1 percent. hate, chaos, destruction of consciousness. So when bad things happen you just got unlucky and Satan won. The best thing you can do is prey to GOD and hope Satan from the abyss dimension does not win.
So you cant blame GOD for every thing. Way I see it anyway.
Consciousness is divine. We are the universe conscious of its self. Its to bad people, abuse it for power, evil etc.

You can put this in a nutshell like that, but you're not digging deep enough.

When people have everything they want and have no struggles or pains, they have no need for God. If a good person has a tough life and has overcome their struggles I usually view them as blessed. This is basically the opposite of what you are saying.

It is usually in people's deepest struggles and pains they will cry out for God. If you look at the results of combining good people and bad things you will usually see that these episodes build character in the individual. It makes them stronger and gives them the life experience to be able to help others. And at times, some things may seem really bad at the time, but in retrospec, they had a very good and useful purpose.

Life's struggles and lessons are inevitable in a fallen world, but I believe God has taken even the bad and turned it into a good.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by JustG]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I believe the universe is conscious (God and Satan are a part of it.) and when it comes to conscious beings there is GOOD and EVIL. Its not relative. It is a underlining fact of the universe.
Simple morality...(Following simple commandments and Harm none. Is not that hard.) is the path to heaven.

But good and evil only lives inside man and our actions manifest each. Just because you get in a car accident doesn't make it an evil event. The reason why good and evil rest within us is because we have the conscience choice to do either, where a lion doesn’t, as example, even though it kills. That is why we left the Garden of Eden for we evolved into self awareness, and so were then able to make decisions, good or evil, and not just live by instinct.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You make interesting arguments Azen, albeit using very archetypal polarities at war and we simply struggling to take sides using the best of our abilities and consciousness... willingness to Live, but using who's knowledge, whos forces. Good people have bad things happen when they're seemingly being naives and demonic forces take that opportunity. Some people over in india may blame it on Saturn, which i read somewhere is same as satan anyway, or one of satans pawns on a vibratory level. Thier karma will simply absorb the blows. Bad things happen to bad people in the sense that they don't evolve should they continue to corrupt others. but it all works out. i'm a dumb ass that shouldn't even be on ATS anymore. Words suck.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Because good people think of and/or expect bad things.

Thoughts create reality, whether we like to admit it or not..

And most people DON'T want to admit it since responsibility is a tough pill to swallow on a day-to-day basis.

- Mea

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I believe the universe is conscious (God and Satan are a part of it.) and when it comes to conscious beings there is GOOD and EVIL. Its not relative. It is a underlining fact of the universe.

But good and evil only lives inside man and our actions manifest each. Just because you get in a car accident doesn't make it an evil event. The reason why good and evil rest within us is because we have the conscience choice to do either, where a lion doesn’t, as example, even though it kills. That is why we left the Garden of Eden for we evolved into self awareness, and so were then able to make decisions, good or evil, and not just live by instinct.

Interesting, though, if you get hit by a car and suffer physically from it, you can determine that this was a bad thing that happened to me and that is the gist of the question.

Outside of that, I do not see that the good or bad is directly influenced by God or the devil. We have freewill and choose.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
You make interesting arguments Azen, albeit using very archetypal polarities at war and we simply struggling to take sides using the best of our abilities and consciousness... willingness to Live, but using who's knowledge, whos forces. Good people have bad things happen when they're seemingly being naives and demonic forces take that opportunity. Some people over in india may blame it on Saturn, which i read somewhere is same as satan anyway, or one of satans pawns on a vibratory level. Thier karma will simply absorb the blows. Bad things happen to bad people in the sense that they don't evolve should they continue to corrupt others. but it all works out. i'm a dumb ass that shouldn't even be on ATS anymore. Words suck.

Your not a dumb ass bro. LOL. This is just the way I, being the consciousness of the universe being conscious of it self. (Consciousness is Divine. God/the universes and heaven, evolved us through intelligent design to be conscious of its self.) see things the way I see them.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
because you are too good to be mean enough to make ish happen , so in return ish happens to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
because you are too good to be mean enough to make ish happen , so in return ish happens to you.
I dont get it. hehe

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Flowers love the sunshine but it's the rain that makes them grow.

Besides, Your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible, they inherently will be.

It's really up to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustG

Interesting, though, if you get hit by a car and suffer physically from it, you can determine that this was a bad thing that happened to me and that is the gist of the question.

Outside of that, I do not see that the good or bad is directly influenced by God or the devil. We have freewill and choose.

You have free will yes, but can that free will be influenced one way or the other? What is it that makes you choose a path, or do you just flip a coin?

We always look for the "bad" in a situation, and that is why I say it is all neutral. I’ll give you an example…

You like all of us will look back over our lives and say hmmm I wish I did that event differently, like I wish I worked harder in school etc. But changing your life events by even a second changes everything. We always view those changes as good, but there is an equal chance you would be worst off or even dead. Today I’m 50 and healthy and I might not be that way if my life was done differently than the way I did it even with all my past events I see as bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea
Because good people think of and/or expect bad things.

Thoughts create reality, whether we like to admit it or not..

And most people DON'T want to admit it since responsibility is a tough pill to swallow on a day-to-day basis.

- Mea

I dont get why this idea of people creating the reality has become popular. 99% of people dont want wars. Why do we have constant wars on the planet?

Thoughts create our own subjective interpretation of our world experiences, but not the world itself.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, since Good things happen to Bad people, Bad things will happen to Good people..

Karma, it must level out you know !!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Animals are susceptible too. An animal is capable of killing for revenge or for the pleasure of the hunt and the kill eg domestic cats. An animal is also capable of 'deadly sins' eg greed, envy or jealousy eg pet dogs. Perhaps this behaviour is learned from humans but I've heard of revenge bent wolves, chimpanzees; even dolphins are thought to kill (infanticide at that!) for fun.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I guess what Im trying to say...for people who have had VERY terrible things happen to them in this world. Don't put it on GOD. He had nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join