It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Buddhist Monk Is Alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One of my friends just sent me this link and I thought it was very interesting so I thought I would share it with everybody. Check it out!

www.buddhistchannel.tv...,3759,0,0,1,0

[edit on 10-9-2009 by The_Crimson_King]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Your link is broken, fella.

I will reply once it is fixed.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sorry man.. here ya go.

www.google.ca...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"This is the ONLY KNOWN AND CONFIRMED CASE OF IMPERISHABLE BODY throughout the whole world."

Wow. Crazy stuff there. Immortality through eternal meditation. Hmmm crazy.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
He meditating on the cellular level? keeping them full of a certain chemical and in a pre-dividing state perhaps?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh wow.. how credible is this source?

Does he move? Does he breathe? I kinda skimmed through the article, so forgive my lack of knowledge on the matter..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

being 75, he told lamas to begin meditation, since he said he was preparing to die. Lamas did not want to perform this meditation because Itigelov was still alive. Thus, Itigelov began to meditate by himself, lamas joined him and soon he died. Ititgelov left a testament where he asked to bury him as he was, sitting in lotus pose in the cedar box on traditional cemetery. It was done. There was also a statement, where he asked other monks to exhume him after several years. (This is the exciting point – this means he knew that his body would be preserved). This was done in 1955 and in 1973 by Buddhist monks but they were scared to tell everybody about this, since communist regime did not leave any space for religion in society. Only in 2002 the body was finally exhumed and transferred to Ivolginsky Datsan (a residence of today’s Hambo Lama) where it was closely examined by monks and, which is now more important, by scientists and pathologists. The official statement was issued about the body – very well preserved, without any signs of decay, whole muscles and inner tissue, soft joints and skin. The interesting thing is that the body was never embalmed or mummified. Two years passed. Itigelov’s body is now kept open air, in contact with other people, without any temperature or humidity regimes. How Itigelov keeps this condition, nobody knows. This is the ONLY KNOWN AND CONFIRMED CASE OF IMPERISHABLE BODY throughout the whole world.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
"This is the ONLY KNOWN AND CONFIRMED CASE OF IMPERISHABLE BODY throughout the whole world."

Wow. Crazy stuff there. Immortality through eternal meditation. Hmmm crazy.

I don't know how accurate this phrase is. There are a number of monks in Japan who practiced a form of self-mummification, though it is not the same as what one traditionally thinks of as mummification. Through a special diet and rigorous activity, they stripped away the fat from their bodies before entombing themselves. Now, hundreds of years later, they are available for viewing and still possess skin and muscle sinew. Sure, they look ugly, but it seems to be a very similar effect to what is reported in this article.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-[/i

Does he move? Does he breathe? I kinda skimmed through the article, so forgive my lack of knowledge on the matter..

He does not move, and he does not breathe. He is very much dead, and the title of this thread is misleading.

This is a photo of the dead monk:
nervana.net.ru...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Of course he's not "alive" in the traditional sense but it's VERY interesting nevertheless.

Some speculate that the Egyptians mummified the body of the pharoah so that the soul would not be obligued to reincarnate while the body was still intact.

So presumably, once this monks spirit is ready to rejoin the fray, then the body will perish and disintegrate like normal..?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Interesting story.. there are some catholic saints who were supposed to have been similar.

Boo to your title though... that is misleading.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
He is very much alive, through his message. The message that he left all people on earth. It is a spiritual state, perhaps it's emphasizing a change that we face. Afterall, it was exhumed for the last time. It is now available for the world to see, it sits in open air, invulnerable to change by the atmosphere. No 'negative', no 'fungus'. It's almost metaphorical. :O

with love

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
as someone mentioned, there was an ancient sect of monks in Japan who supposedly did a similar thing through "self mummification."
The process included 1000 days (about 3 years)of eating nothing but nuts and seeds while exercising with very rigorous activity. This is so all fat would be stripped from their body and they would be nothing but skin bones and muscle. Then they would spend another thousand days eating roots and tree bark and drinking some sort of poisonous tea that would make them vomit and get very sick. They did this so that the maggots would not eat their bodies because the tea I'm assuming is poisonous to maggots as well. I guess after doing this for a long time the body gets sort of saturated with this poisonous tea made from some sort of poisonous fungus/herb from the forest, and to make a long story short, they end up dying in meditation in the lotus position and preserved with their skin and all that intact for a long time, not sure how long or indefinitely or what though. But it is very interesting because if you think about it, if their brain is also preserved and intact and suffers no degradation or consumption by maggots etc, then 1. what is the true definition of "death" and 2. would not some future form of science be able to "revive" them perhaps by shocking them with electricity.

new topics

top topics

join