It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoia Baciu forest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here is the scene that made the episode. Some what remarkable.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Those incidents of vanishing are far from standalone. Besides the woman and girl, there are others... Google "hoia baciu forest vanish" and many more accounts of missing-reappearing people will show up.

When I was watching the ep of DT coupla nights ago, one thing caught my eye: There was a lack of noticeable GREEN. The trees, the grass, they all looked brown, burned, unhealthy. Maybe it's the genus or species of tree/grass, but it was all very eerie.

Check this page out: surprising-romania.blogspot.com...

[edit on 12-9-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Thanks for posting the video clip testart

I had to leave abruptly the other day I have finally been able to come back to see if there was any other evidences brought into light of this issue.

As for the poster that didn't like the analogies of the GH team founders, it was stated something to the effect of "They are jokes"? not sure, but would like to defend their honor by saying that the poster is either not watching these shows religiously or the poster just thinks they know it all, probably an individual that has never went on their own adventure of such thing's. As far as I was concerned over Josh from DT going to the GH for analogy, it would have been exactly what I would have done..

Gh doesn't just ghost hunt, they debunk before the facts are taken into consideration of such events, they are out too disprove the paranormal allegations, and only support or back such investigations via tangible proof.

I haven't gotten a chance to further my inquiries about this very strange place, and unfortunately today seems just as busy, so if you guy's dig up anything more about the possible causes and effects of this place, I greatly appreciate it.

Also thanks to the poster with the Romanian blog spot site, I will be reading it intensely when time permits!!

It is quite a phenomenal incident and I was , like many of you, blown away by the strange events that took place with Josh and his team. With more direct studies of this area with higher sophisticated equipment, someone should be able to get to the answers of either "Unseen wild animal" or "Paranormal Portal evidences of the finest."

Guess we will have to wait and see.

One more thing, "I know Romania has been a place of many a battle, could that be a factor in this event being Paranormal?" Just wondering.

Thanks again everyone, the posts are great and the candour has been acceptable, accept for that one poster that was talking about cats or something? Not sure what the individual was pertaining too, hope they got it off of their chest?LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
Those incidents of vanishing are far from standalone. Besides the woman and girl, there are others... Google "hoia baciu forest vanish" and many more accounts of missing-reappearing people will show up.

Yes, but they all recycling the same stories, almost verbatim.
So I'll repeat my earlier question: could somebody please locate the SOURCES of these stories (even if they are in Romanian, it doesn't matter)?

N.B. I tried to post a comment - asking for sources - on that Romanian blog, but it was impossible because of the faulty layout (the "word verification" app doesn't work, regardless of what browser I use).

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Sorry about these delays of replies to the posts thing, been very occupied lately, but you are right, "The origin's of these stories are important for the over all factual finding's."
I Have got a bit of time right now, so I will dig further into this issue.
Thanks again for your inputs of these finding's.

"Has anyone found out more of these situations being continual throughout these vicinities?"

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Hey, no problem - I am well aware there is life outside ATS.

I am just glad to see we're on the same page about this.
You will have noticed that all too often people don't care about the truth - but such stories are ONLY interesting (more than interesting!) if they are true.

I for one absolutely believe such things ARE possible - which is precisely why I am so interested in ruling out all dubious elements (insofar possible).

Good luck with it!

P.S. It seems our Romanian members do not frequent ATS anymore?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

This is going to require some time and effort with trying to find tangible evidence either way.
The Romanian sites are incoherent to me and have no translator program to revise or scrutinize given information.

Is there anyone out here that can provide some assistance of this matter?
Would be greatly appreciated.

Beware of the Internet websites that auto pop, they are full of virus detected anomalies, so think before you click an any of them!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hello everyone, i just saw the thread and decided to reply to let you know i can help you with the translations.

I didn't watch the documentary yet nor read the whole thread, but I'll get to it as soon as possible. I remember having tried more than once to find out more about the Baciu forest, as it seems to be legitime and fascinating, but there isn't much info available on the internet... And the info that i could find seemed kinda fishy. So don't get your hopes up. But I'll try to help you, just tell me what you need translated!

And now i ll see if i can watch the documentary.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

That would be great, Wallachian.

Others may disagree, but personally I think the best thing to do would be to research the origin of that story about the girl disappearing and being found five years later (etc.).

I must confess, I was intrigued, and since no Romanian members were showing up, I even went and tried googling for it with a string of words translated (one by one) by an online translator. Then, being familiar with other Romance languages, I tried to discern anything that would point to the origins of the story... but it was just too exhausting. (And the first ten or twenty results didn't appear to be interesting anyway).

So, if you could find written accounts of this story - perhaps in books - that would be great, because we could, I hope, establish when it first appeared and other such data.

Thanks in advance!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Excellent thread, very interesting thanks!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I suffer from an overabundance of both time and curiosity. Should you ever get a group together interested in serious investigation please drop me a line.
I cannot begin to describe the frustration I feel when I read of mysteries which I am sure the combined resources of the ATS membership could further investigate if not solve.
Are there any East Coast Canadian members with a plane? I'll spot you for the fuel. Let's fly over that thing in Greenland and determine once and for all if some ancient structure is being exposed by melting ice or if it is nothing more than a photo-mapping glitch. I don't know but we can put the issue to rest.
So many members scattered around the world, so many resources, so many mysteries. What a waste of potential.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Very interesting thread, S & F for you.

I have never heard of this place up until now, and I just finished watching the episode of DT. The things they captured were very interesting to say the least. I will be looking up some other info on this place shortly, and if I come across anything I will post here.

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
for anyone who wants to find the video ive found it on youtube

im just watching it now
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
watching the video nowww
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

These are all great episodes. Josh is seeking truth everywhere
about everything. I'm glad he teams up with the Ghost Hunters
to go over evidence. Next week: Werewolves!
Go Josh! I would like to join his team.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Goodfellow

If the utilities were accessible, I'd be out of here today!! For sure.
I have not been able to get much more information, even went to the public library, very few thing's written about this area of the world of the paranormal activities. Strange but true. I also tried contacting Josh for some mono amono interaction for these event's, but I suppose that idea was shooting for higher than rainbow results.
"If you hear me Josh, I am still waiting.." LOL
Thanks for your interest of these events, I too believe that this and other considered abnormalities of reality deserve great more attention with more and adequate research, other than Joe's such as ourselves just going on what we learn by piece meal circumstances.
Thanks for posting!!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping someone would come to the rescue for the translation part of these events, I have been detained as of lately and wasn't capable of using the Internet in current physical locations.
Being's it has been sometime since I have posted a reply to the people interested of this topic, and that I was unable to get to you sooner, "Were you able to get anything at all on this topic?"
I would greatly appreciate your input with Romanian translation and folk history stories of this vicinity.
Thanks for your input thus far.
Locations of websites and previous stories of the forests history also would be greatly appreciated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join