It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the armed man a NWO puppet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The man armed with a sidearm at the protest got some mainstream attention lately, there were two camps..first off, the obvious repulsion of the demonstration and others saying it was his right since there is no law against it and its constitutional.

What a wonderful way to make a case for stricter gun control laws.

It was his right, sure...as its my right to crap my pants in a crowded elevator on purpose.
My rights theoretically should be overriden by my common sense.

So, you have 2 camps now..a minority constitutional law type and a large sweeping majority that found the act distasteful and highly dangerous...many claiming there needs to be a law imposed on unauthorized guns within a certain zone of where a president or offical is.

Should a vote come for such a law, what do you think they would use as a posterchild for such actions...and most likely with sweeping public approval all in the name of security.

What the guy did there was give very potent ammo to the party that would like to ban all guns. Careful how you choose your heros...Gun ownership needs first off common sense enacted..the NRA should have publically stated such actions is the actions of a very fringe group of nuts, not a constitutional hero.

oh, its also my right to have red tubes duct taped to my chest with a few cool wires on them and walk into a crowded shopping center...just fashion sense of course...very industrial goth look and all.

Anyhow, what a great way for more disarming of the citizens than to show the opposing force as a bunch of nutcases whom will try to insite violence should they lose an election (cough cough).

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Careful here. Carrying a handgun or any kind of a weapon is a person's own business if they own it legally. I have no qualms about going to a Obama appearance with my chopper, why? Because A-I can and B-It's legal. And we know both options are the underlying reasons for ALOT of our country's actions.

We both know what he did was a show of personal freedom and a powerful one at that, look at how much everyone is lapping it up.

This is just an issue the msm and various groups want to push to show how crazed Americans are getting, supposedly. Coupled with the health care town hall meetings, they want to give the image that America is starting to crack.

Personally, i'm against any law that would take guns out of my hands or imposed stricter laws.

Let's play devil's advocate here. Suppose Obama is shot by an armed citizen during one of his town hall visits and in that frenzy Congress decides to ban all guns. Country will have a civil war.

Ain't nothing they can do about the right to bear arms. It's one of the few rights Americans of all colors will rally behind. The right to be strapped!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...
Pictur of them together at the link.

Pastor Steven Anderson, Gun Nut Christopher Broughton and This Sunday's Worship at the Faithful Word Baptist Church

Part of the problem is his connection to this crazy pastor who says God demands that people should kill gays, Says he prays at night that Obama will die and hopes he dies and preachs that he hopes Obamas teeth break in his mouth.Couple that with a guy carrying a assualt rifle and a side arm to a Obama speech and you have a distinct problem. Not to mention the guy wearing the shirt about watering the tree of life with blood. The same shirt Timothy McVeigh wore when he killed innocrnt people by setting off a bomb.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well said...

I personally am in the camp of yes, he had the right, and it was an incredibly stupid move on his part.

Just because we have the 'right' to do something, does not make it smart to do that thing.

For example, I ride a motorcycle, and I live in a state that has no mandatory helmet law for adults (btw, I strongly oppose helmet laws).

I always ride with helmet and full armored protective gear. Why? Because I'm not an idiot. I every day see people out on bikes that are basically road race bikes with lights strapped on, dresed in T-shirts, shorts and sandals.

They have the right to dress like this, but they are idiots for doing so.

Same with carrying exposed to something like a presidential event. It is stupid, plain and simple. If someone has concerns about their safety at such an event, concealed carry is preferable.

You have a good point regarding over-reaction by Congress, and we can only hope no peabrain in Congress tries something like that. That would also be stupid.

top topics

join