It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abductions: The Real Deal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Let me just add that although there may be in fact physical and psychospiritual and paranormal things occuring as in the cases of mass sightings and multiple witnessed accounts in anything paranormal, I would go so far as to say that the bulk of the singular events/personal accounts might have a hereditary factor involved as my family and some others of note have an entire lineage of experiencers in these type of phenomena.

Hmmmmm.....

Cheers and thanks again,

Erik

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Hey redwoodjedi, im glad you found it useful. I think its important for people who have such experiences to find out all they can about them. Taking all the possibilities into account can have such a therapeutic effect and may even help alleviate the process.

Its such an interesting subject and i learnt a lot when researching it. Like i always say...never undersetimate the human mind

Take care.
Peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Additional:

1 of 5

Peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Great post, Live Forever, star and flag. If you have read me, you know that I have reported the abduction experience. These things have happened to me most of my life, and only heavy drinking could ever stop the experience, and even then I am not sure they did stop.
Most of mine were quite pleasant to experience, none of the medical things reported by others, and never a fear factor of what was happening. The beings I experienced were a lot like me, I mean they look human, act human, and talk human. I have been shown vast crystalline based computer systems, and was actually taught about computers by these beings, for some unknown reason. I was shown other worlds, and the culture and people there, and how peaceful everything is, and how everything is in line with nature, unlike here on Earth. I was shown how planet Earth had been torn and raped in the hunt and digging for coal, gold, and other minerals. One time I was taken up above the oil fields of what I took as the Middle East. I was looking at it, and suddenly fire and smoke began to happen around the edges, and then the entire field collapsed in a pit of fire. I was told that the oil is the lubricating substance of the tectonic plates, and to remove this is to invite disaster.

The trouble is, reporting on such information invites ridicule, and most cannot stand to be ridiculed. I have been called crazy, a nut case, mentally ill, told to take Prozac and other mind altering drugs, and to just go away, I once was banned from a forum for posting about alien abduction. Even in this forum one is sometimes followed about by trolls, if you doubt this take a good read on the Indigo threads here, among others. The religious people are just as bad, everything alien to them is Satan's Demonic Force come to destroy mankind.

I am quite certain that one day very soon we will all have the experience of ET. Some hybrids are already here, and some distinctly alien beings are here too, they are walking among us every day, and their disguise is good enough to fool us all. I myself have seen two tall greys walking around. The phenomena is quite real, to me anyway, and seeming so to thousands of other people. Thanks to the OP for such an in depth article.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Its interesting that you keep posting threads I thought about writing. It means you and me think in similar ways. My take on "alien-abduction" is similar to yours except its a bit more esoteric. Rather than being a purely psychological phenomenon, I call it a spectral phenomenon which has to do with non-physical energies/dimensions/other-realities and altered states.

I do believe real extraterrestrials exist, but I dont think the alien-abduction phenomena relates to real ETs on other planets. This is all too obvious as almost all "abduction-experiences" take place in nighttime bedrooms.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
After reading this thread, and being in this mind set as of late, I have devised a question:

Could alien abductions be attributable to some constellation of temporal lobe abnormalities (epilepsy, etc.) dissociative personality/identity disorder, and tendencies toward normal sleep disruptions such as hypnagogia?

Taken together, particularly when you consider the point someone else raised in this thread (which I've also been considering lately) that naturally occurring neurological '___' can provoke imagery startlingly reminiscent of alien abduction scenarios, it would be a pretty big coincidence if these natural processes just so happen to be capable of reproducing an experience that is also really, truly happening to some people.

Hypnagogia can explain the sleep paralysis (sensations of being unable to move, talk, or sometimes even breathe while waking from sleep) as well as some of the visual imagery and sensations (tunnels of bright light, the sensation of levitating, etc.) Temporal lobe epilepsy can cause complex visual and auditory hallucinations. '___' secreted in the brain can create extremely accurate hallucinations the typical "greys" and "insectoids." Dissociation or fugue states associated with the aforementioned temporal lobe abnormalities could account for so-called missing time.

I always remain open minded to all possibilities, but I have to say that this is somewhat compelling in my mind (though not conclusive by any means.)

The sticking point, of course, are those cases purporting to include physical evidence such as inexplicable scars, implants, etc. That abductees do not appear to be psychotic, these being self-inflicted, or abductees merely fabricating these aspects, seems unlikely, though not impossible.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by AceWombat04]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join