It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
On the Glen Beck show tonight (5:00) he will release a tape from Acorn naming all the politicians involved with Acorn starting with some big names from California. This goes much deeper than prostitution and tax evasion. A must see.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Inside the mind of Charlie Gibson...

surprised by his answer to the question?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So, now we have Baltimore, D.C., NYC, and now cali? What does it really take to get rid of them? Granted, there are probably more deviant organizations out there, but would you really not take the opportunity to take a small one down if you could? Do people always have to go after the "Big Fish" to feel satisfied? Id like to see ALL of them gone, and you have to start somewheres and here is a great start. I dont need Fox news or glenn becks opinion on this to sway my vote in all honesty. If you just watch the vids and have any bit of street smarts you know that this is not the only time these people have set these kind of things up. If you truly believe that this is only a one time thing (i guess 4 time thing) and just bad employees than you are truly misled and really need to learn a thing or two about life. If you can't tell by watching the vids with these people's straight-faced, not a single hic-up, or second thought about the "Pimp and the prostitute" actually getting gov assisted loans to set up an international underage illegal brothel than you really road the short bus a time or two. I mean, these people didnt even blink about the situation. They need to have their kids taken away from them if they would allow this to happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Thanks for the heads-up.

Cali politicians, eh? Should be interesting!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It might be a little late, but it is good to hear the latest from ACORN..

I think they should focus their efforts in house and try to perform such much needed housekeeping, rather than continue to play victim here. On a positive note the ACORN office in Philadelphia didn't advise the two investigators, but actually called the police, and the report is available at the link.

ACORN's Response to Conservative Attacks

Last week the nation became aware of video tapes made by a conservative activist targeting ACORN and ACORN Housing Corporation field offices across the country. A secret camera was used to record informal conversations. Three of the employees seen in the tapes are ACORN Housing employees, who are observed responding to the imposter's inquiries about ways to hide an illegal enterprise.

I was horrified, just like many of you, when I saw the video. While no transaction took place in this incident -- no client files were created or billed, no loan documents were signed or submitted, no bank loans were arranged -- this is not how members of our organization should behave. The employees might not have broken any laws, but they violated the moral and ethical standards that we have set for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In AM Radio Appearance, Charles Gibson Unaware of Five Day-Old ACORN Controversy, Senate Vote to De-Fund

Don: Okay, here’s my news question. A Senate bill yesterday passes, cutting off funds to this group called ACORN. Now, we got that bill passed and we have the embarrassing video of ACORN staffers giving tax advice on how to set up a brothel with 13-year-old hookers. It has everything you could want – corruption and sleazy action at tax-funded organizations and it’s got government ties. But nobody’s covering that story. Why?

Gibson: HAHAHAHAHA. HEHEHE. I didn’t even know about it. Um. So, you’ve got me at a loss. I don’t know. Uh. Uh. But my goodness, if it’s got everything including sleaziness in it, we should talk about it this morning.

Roma: This is the American way!

Gibson: Or maybe this is just one you leave to the cables.

Roma: Well, I think this is a huge issue because there’s so much funding that goes into this organization…

Gibson: I know we’ve done some stories about ACORN before, but this one I don’t know about...

Roma: Jake Tapper did some blogging on it. I know he’s blogged at least once on this scandal.

Gibson: You guys are uh really up on the website.

This guy is supposedly a top journalist. Are these people REALLY this detached from reality, or am I correct and they're nothing more than state run propaganda?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Acorn Part 4: San Bernardino, California : Busted!!!
I saw the first video at Big government.com
What will Acorn say now?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm watching Beck right now, but I really don't see what the big deal is here. OK, the lady didn't throw them out on their ear, I'll give you that. But the part about that lady allegedly killing her abusive mate....so what? Maybe she is lying. Or maybe it was completely justified. It has nothing to do with the corruption in ACORN, imo.

I'll watch the rest of the video..maybe there is more to come on this one. The first two vids were much more damning, tho.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here's a clip from MSNBC discussing the ACORN issues, the Senate vote, possible reasons for this etc..

It was refreshing to see the comments by the morning talk show group after the news discussion..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
And wow, that was on MSNBC? Well I'm glad another news station is picking up on this, even if it was only 3 1/2 minutes long after like, 5 days? I've lost track. There's so much to keep up with in this news the past few days!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For those wondering why some news media hasn't covered the recent ACORN scandal, here is a piece that has some comment on why...

Divide between right, mainstream media

...Jon Banner, executive producer of ABC’s “World News,” told POLITICO that he’s been discussing doing an ACORN piece with chief White House correspondent Jake Tapper over the past week, but the show hasn’t run one on the latest scandal. “World News,” he said, is expected to report on ACORN tonight.

“It’s a very different editorial process when you have 24 hours to fill as opposed to 22 minutes,” Banner said, explaining why ACORN hasn’t yet fit in the evening newscast. Lately, Banner noted that the program has been focused on covering Afghanistan, health care, the economy and the anniversary of 9/11.

While Banner admits that some stories may get more attention on cable, blogs or talk radio, it doesn’t mean they’re suited for the “World News” audience. “There’s a tremendous amount of – for lack of a better word – ‘noise’ out there. We’re not in the business of noise.”

Looking forward to Jake Tapper's piece on the organization.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In other words, ABC World News Tonight will do a story on it but they don't really want to.

Kind of like MSNBC's coverage.

That coo-coo from last night didn't do ACORN any favors. I don't know what's more bizarre. A lady who admits to killing her husband in a casual conversation or a lady that says that but whose really making it up.

I don't think she knew she was being recorded. I think she is a mental patient that hasn't found her hospital bed. Yet.

Most of the ACORN people need a good kick in the rear. But THAT LADY, Teresa, she needs some help. I hope she gets it.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Seriously.

Really.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
More on ACORN reviewing their own ...

abcnews.com

In a press release, ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis says, that as “a result of the indefensible action of a handful of our employees,” the group will immediately stop accepting anyone into ACORN office for service programs, will conduct in-service training of staff, and begin an audit “to review all of the systems and processes called into question by the videos,” to be conducted by the group’s Independent Advisory Council.

The Council includes many prominent Democrats, including the man who helped President Obama Transition Team, John Podesta, President and CEO of the Center for American Progress; former Maryland Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend; Andrew Stern, International President of the Service Employees International Union; and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Henry Cisneros.

Any familiar names on the council?

[edit on 9/16/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hannity is going to release yet another ACORN video tonight on his 9PM show, this one based in San Diego.

They just keep on coming....

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Hannity is going to release yet another ACORN video tonight on his 9PM show, this one based in San Diego.

They just keep on coming....

Acorngate is here.
San Diego....San Bernardino....Baltimore.....Wash DC....NYC
I think we are 1 step away from a Special Prosecutor.
A Special Prosecutor is required because Obama is too close to
Acorn.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I wish they had done one on ACORN in Chicago...that would have been a blockbuster!

An Independent Special Prosecutor is needed...let's volunteer!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Chicago? Hang on. The week isn't over yet. Tape #7 ???
I think now would be a good time for me to be a cybersquatter for
AcornGate.com.
All we need now is a Saturday Night Live skit on AcornGate.
Jon Stewart couldn't resist.
Check out the link on Big Government.com. Very funny!

- Daily Show skewers Acorn -

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

coming from a baltimorian, thats f*cking balmore son.
also who here is surprised? i was cracking up through out the whole thing. ah we are doomed

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The guy that tried to volunteer his human smuggling services and asked questions about the "prostitutes" fees has been fired.

This contrasts strongly with ACORN saying the videos were edited and dubbedand such.

Actually, his supervisor was going to keep him but hours later, the supervisor was over ruled by higher ups.

Which leads me to believe that ACORN is full of eggheads from the entry level employees to the CEO.

Both houses of Congress have passed defunding resolutions and state attorney generals are getting in line tofile charges as well. The FBI and IRS are also investigating.

And the CEO wants to sue Fox and the two film makers? I don't think she's smart enough to comprehend the federal storm that is headed her way.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join