It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The US Census Bureau has just cut ALL TIES with ACORN for any work concerning the 2010 Census. (only released moments ago, straight from a live news-feed via satellite)

Letters have been sent to Congress.

About damn time they actually did something about this group!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's a link to a story on the announcement:

Census Bureau Severs Ties With ACORN

The Census Director has sent a letter to the National Headquarters of ACORN notifying the group that the Census Bureau is severing all ties with the community organizing group for all work having to do with the 2010 census.

The news follows the release Friday of more hidden-camera footage of workers for the group advising a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute how to subvert the law.

ACORN had previously been tapped to help with low level data gathering for the 2010 census. A copy of the director's letter has been sent to Congress and relevant committees, as well as ACORN.

That's great news BUT......

ACORN has many many sub organizations, (if I remember correctly)... We need to keep an eye out for any of those carrying on with the ACORN effort partnering with the Census Bureau.....

It wouldn't surprise me if this severing ties with the top of the food chain might be to calm the masses....

Stay aware, keep digging..

ed:clarity

[edit on 9/11/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightly_reader
What irks me even more is that MSNBC/CNN are so in bed with the current administration that they will not touch any story that makes their messiah look bad in any light.

I saw the ACORN story on the CNN news crawler this morning. I don't watch MSNBC, but CNN is by far the most unbiased of all the MSM outlets, IMO. Just last night they called Obama's assertion that illegals wouldn't be covered under the health reform plan "debateable". I don't really care one way or the other about the MSM, i'm just saying that CNN comes across as much less biased than the rest.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I live in Baltimore and this is typical Baltimore city trash. I do my best to avoid the city. It's one big ghetto, and the sad thing is it has spread out into all the surrounding counties. White flight is going on everywhere now. Sucks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

That is most excellent news. One more nail in their coffin.

They need to have their non-profit status revoked.

They also need to be disqualified from receiving stimulus money:

The current version of the stimulus package would allow nonprofit groups to compete with states and localities for $3.44 billion from the $4.19 billion Neighborhood Stabilization Program allocation. The remaining $750 million from the program plus the $10 million in SHOP funds would be set aside exclusively for nonprofit groups.

Probably chief among the groups to benefit from stimulus spending will be ACORN, the infamous network of 100-plus left-wing activist groups.

As everyone who hasn't been in a coma for the last year knows, ACORN and President Obama go way back.

spectator.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And here's a perfect example of the 'wonderful' legal system we have in this country.

The Baltimore city state's attorney is considering prosecuting those responsible for taping the ACORN employees on charges that they violated Maryland's wiretap laws.

State's Attorney Considers Prosecuting ACORN Video Posters

According to the State of Maryland, apparently corruption is good, but exposing corruption is bad. No wonder people hate the government.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
ACORN has proven one thing. They are a criminal organization. We have legal ways to elliminate them. It's called RICO. Hello FBI, USA to FBI....

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is this against the rules?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I know that the world is full of corruption and decite. I thought I had seen enough of it to be imune. This right here... This nearly made my head explode. I can not believe this is being ignored.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What madness is this?

Being a Brit we don't have anything approaching this. Why don't Americans burn these places down?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
What madness is this?

Being a Brit we don't have anything approaching this. Why don't Americans burn these places down?

To be honest, we're in somewhat of a pickle.

See, if we took to the streets, soccer fan style, and burned down our towns like so many foreigners are so quick to suggest, our own government would have a valid reason to put us all in cages.

Not only that, the unsavory people that actually own the buildings would collect the insurance and build even bigger ones.

Yea, we're young, and most of us are asleep, but hey, one day we'll learn and get it right...maybe.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by maybereal11

I challenge you to find ANYTHING that Fox news or Glenn Beck has said about ACORN that isnt true.

I doubt I will get a shower of stars for actually answering your challenge...but I am old fashioned and believe that being honest is it's own reward.

ACORN has issues...but if you believe everything Fox News feeds you ...then I doubt you really care for a truthful answer...

I could list ITEM AFTER ITEM...but I will just leave it with this rather than distract the thread.

Fox & Friends' Doocy repeated false claim that stimulus package includes $4 billion for ACORN
mediamatters.org...

During the January 29 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, co-host Steve Doocy repeated the falsehood that the economic stimulus bill includes "$4 billion for ACORN." Doocy claimed: "They are spending $4.19 billion for neighborhood stabilization activities -- ACORN. Four billion for ACORN. Let me get this straight. So we're giving $4 billion for ACORN."

In fact, as Media Matters for America has documented, the bill contains no language mentioning ACORN. The false claim is based on a misrepresentation of a provision that would appropriate $4,190,000,000 "for neighborhood stabilization activities related to emergency assistance for the redevelopment of abandoned and foreclosed homes."

www.factcheck.org...

Faulty Logic

Boehner and Vitter commit two logical fallacies. Their argument has the form:

The stimulus bill provides funding for redeveloping neighborhoods.

ACORN does work in redeveloping neighborhoods.

Therefore the stimulus bill provides funding for ACORN.

That’s an example of what philosophers call the undistributed middle fallacy.

It’s a common mistake; in May 2008, we caught Sen. John McCain making a similar logical blunder. But Boehner and Vitter compound their error by treating different terms as if they had the same meaning.

ACORN does indeed work in redeveloping neighborhoods, but the work that it does is not the same sort of work for which NSP provides funding. By pretending as if the two are the same, Boehner and Vitter commit the fallacy of equivocation.

We’re accustomed to seeing logical fallacies in political arguments. But working two of them into a single argument is unusually bad logic.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom

Terrifying? Despicable behavior for any senator (any married person for that matter) having an affair, but terrifying? Not terrifying compared to what Acorn is doing. I didn't read anywhere in that blog that they were promoting prostitution or the use of underage girls for that purpose.

I'm not saying that there's not corruption in other organizations, but not on the same level as Acorn. [edit on 9/11/2009 by soldiermom]

Again ...I will not distract the thread by qouting large bits of stories that are available about C STREET or "THE FAMILY", but I will simply say this..

ACORN has issues, but C-STREET??? They have funded the overthrow of governments. They believe ...indulge the sins of politicians under their roof...and we will be able to blackmail/apply leverage to further their agenda.

The greater the sin...the greater the levergage. they have been linked to pedophilia.

www.thedailybeast.com...

The Washington prayer group known as the Family may be in the news after several of its members had affairs, but it has been setting the agenda—and propping up foreign dictators—for years.

In this article, Jeff Sharlet, who has tracked the C Street House since 2002, discloses:

• That the group espouses a religious philosophy that holds God-anointed leaders are necessary for Christ’s second coming.
• A list of American politicians associated with the Family, most of whom are right-wing Republicans but also some Democrats, including, at one time, Hillary Clinton.
• How the group does not register as a lobby even as it behaves like one, offering foreign leaders access to its politicians at events like the National Prayer Breakfast.
• American politicians who travel on the Family’s dime and carry out its agenda abroad in countries like Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo, Albania, Bulgaria, Belarus, Sudan, and Israel.
• C Street’s support for foreign dictators like Yoweri Museveni in Uganda, Papa Doc Duvalier of Haiti, and Suharto in Indonesia.

Here the son of the founder counsels an expose author about "The Felowship's" or C-Street philosophy on the polticians who stay there.
grumpylion.wordpress.com...

But David Coe, Doug Coe’s son and heir apparent, calls himself simply a friend to men such as John Ensign, whom he guided through the coverup of his affair. I met the younger Coe when I lived for several weeks as a member of the Family. He’s a surprising source of counsel, spiritual or otherwise. Attempting to explain what it means to be chosen for leadership like King David was — or Mark Sanford, according to his own estimate — he asked a young man who’d put himself, body and soul, under the Family’s authority, “Let’s say I hear you raped three little girls. What would I think of you?” The man guessed that Coe would probably think that he was a monster. “No,” answered Coe, “I wouldn’t.” Why? Because, as a member of the Family, he’s among what Family leaders refer to as the “new chosen.” If you’re chosen, the normal rules don’t apply.

My opinion remains....Acorn has issues but C-Street (The Fellowship)...TERRIFYING. They condone pedolphilia and topple third world governments...and many of our senators are under their thumb.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

What's your point? What does this 'C Street' or 'Family' have to do with ACORN?

I'm not getting it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VEGETA007
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Just to put a little light on this matter the people that made this video tried to do the same thing at 3 other locations run by ACORN and failed. This video was made in July 09 and the two people that they are talking to are SEASONAL PART-TIME workers. So you can not say that the whole organization is at fault at this just the 2 people that happen to have fallen for the bait by these people that made this video after at least 3 known attempts at another location.

So what I dont understand is, If the video is "edited" or fixed, as claimed by ACORN in their official statement... Why did they fire these poor people so quickly, or at all? Thanks.

What is that saying, "The head doesnt know what the ass is doing"?
They have incriminated themselves, it already has nothing to do with these women on camera.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I responded to several posters who claimed that there were no similiar or worse organizations than Acorn....by providing an example of one..."The Fellowship/C-Street/The Family"

But apparently corruption within a boarding house for Senators....extra-marital affairs....and pedophilia does count as actual corruption if it is right wing??

No...of course Acorn is a satanic cult ...right? No one worse????

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Really? Weird!

According to Matthew Vadum of the Capitol Research Center, the stimulus package now under consideration includes:

# $1 billion stashed away in Community Development Block Grant money that ACORN often vies for successfully.

# $10 million to develop or refurbish low-income housing, a specialty of ACORN’s.

# $4.19 billion to stave off foreclosures via the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. Vadum states the current version of the bill would allow nonprofits to compete with cities and states for $3.44 billion of the money. Some $750 million, however, would be exclusively reserved for nonprofits such as ACORN, which is actually an umbrella organization for over 100 progressive organizations.

Regarding the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, Vadum writes in American Spectator: “Although ACORN operatives usually get their hands on such funds only after they have first passed through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development or state and local governments, the new spending bill largely eliminates these dawdling middle men, making it easier to get Uncle Sam’s largess directly into the hands of the same people who run ACORN’s various vote fraud and extortion rackets. And the legislative package provides these funds without the usual prohibition on using government money for lobbying or political activities.”

These people have, or "had" access to these funds as did the 100s of offshoot companies that are under their umbrella, and with the corruption that runs as deep as it does with these guys, if you think for ONE second that they didnt get a huge lump sum of cash , youre out of your gourd.

ACORN gave Obama a HUGE amount of money in his campaign and he did REPEATED speeches for them while he was on the presidential run.

Deny ignorance

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This really confuses me. You seem capable of objective thought...but you choose to champion insanely biased, paid for, DISPROVEN propaganda as facts while NOT READING any objective analysis.

What this man is claiming has been disproven.

"According to Matthew Vadum of the Capitol Research Center"

Geez that sound legit...a "Research Center" and all....

Evidently you have no idea who this man is? Or who he works for??

His latest article was titled.........
Obama's Plan to Desecrate 9/11

Other articles by Vadum...
Chavez Friend and Communist Lover Joe Kennedy May Seek Uncle's Senate Seat
Ted Kennedy and Treason
Limited-Government Conservatism Is Sexy
The Looming Liberal-Caused Social Security Disaster
More Liberal Whining
Joe F***ing Biden
Holder the Hater
Etc. Etc.

No Agenda there...

Do you know who the Capitol Research Center is???

....ITS AMAZING THE PROPAGANDA THAT PASSES FOR FACTS AS LONG AS IT SERVES YOUR WORLDVIEW.....WHATEVER YOU DO...DONT RESEARCH...DON'T LOOK FOR THE OBJECTIVE TRUTH....

Just keep repeating after the bobbing head on TV.

CAPITAL RESEARCH CENTER
www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They do these things because it gets them more of our tax dollars. The more people they "help" the more grants they get.

THATS ALL ACORN IS REALLY ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$ This "organization" is nothing more than a money making scheme started by the Rathke brothers. They learned how to play the system and have gotten politicians to jump on board the gravy train because it gets them votes.

Acorn gets votes for the dems and the Dems send them more money.

Rathkes came up with ways to scam money from the treasury and started acorn, politicians realized the vote scam potential from enabling acorn and once again, from the playbooks of the "liberal" left, the poor and disenfranchised are being fooled by the lie "we (dems) are here to help the little guy"!!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join