It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Speaking of how taxpayer dollars are funnelled to ACORN check out what is going on in New York....

New York ACORN Front Group Based in New Orleans Gets Taxpayer Money

...The New York Agency for Community Affairs has received more than small change. A recent investigation by Manhattan Media, a consortium of New York City neighborhood-based newspapers, reveals that NYACA and its ACORN alter ego have made out well. Examining tax forms, lobbying records, campaign finance reports, and contracts, researchers found that in 2009, NYACA has received $175,000 from eight state senators, $240,500 from 10 state assemblymen, and $85,000 from four New York City Council members. For 2006, NYACA reported a little over $1.3 million in revenues, almost all from government. That same year, the group paid out nearly $1.2 million for "contractual services" to ACORN and another $67,000 in direct grants. And in 2007, NYACA received more than $730,000 in government support, sending $711,152 of that to ACORN.

How closely are the two groups linked? For one thing, there's the Internet. Clicking on www.nyaca.org routes the viewer to the website of ACORN Housing Corp., www.acornhousing.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So why the heck am I donating my old cars to charity for write-offs when all this time I could be importing 16 year old prostitutes from El Salvador?

I gotta go make some calls and set up some cots.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

Scott can listen to the complete audio of the event here:

biggovernment.breitbart.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This story is starting to spread, here is an op/ed from the Wall Street Journal commenting on the latest ACORN scandal..

ACORN Outdoes Itself

I thought I'd heard every possible charge about corruption at ACORN, a feisty, union-backed activist group that became infamous last year when it was investigated for voter registration fraud in 15 states. Just yesterday, 11 ACORN workers were accused by Florida prosecutors of falsifying information on some 900 voter registration forms.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Story's not spreading fast enough. Aside from who ACORN is, there are people out there helping others steal money and helping the human sex traffickers to set up house!!! This is appalling!!!!!! People should be outraged that this is how their tax dollars are used.!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why is this not getting picked up by the MSM? Why is O'Reilly not all over this. Rush where are you? This is much worse than I had imagined. Those ACORN workers did not bat an eye.

On the other hand you have to give them credit for not being racial and telling the pimp that he could not be a pimp because he was white.

It was terrible how they fell all over themselves to help a pimp and a prostitute take advantage of the government and underage girls from a foreign country. Where is their compassion for the girls?

You know they were being paid with our tax dollars via the stimulus the whole time they were advocating fraud and prostitution.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm trying to help keep this thread alive. This is very important and people should be aware of it.

Corruption at its finest and noone seems to be paying attention.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom

Corruption at its finest and noone seems to be paying attention.

Maybe people who think running brothels of underage illegal aliens and rubbing it in everyone's face by writing them off as 'dependents' for a tax break is wrong are in the minority?

Certainly would explain an awful lot.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well I have seen plenty of examiner.com articles on the event, one saying this will be the BIG story on Glen Beck this afternoon..

A local Baltimore radio station ran a story on this as well and when they called ACORN Baltimore & ACORN Washington DC....

Calls from WBAL News to both the Baltimore and Washington offices of ACORN were not immediately returned.
wbal.com

Some serious backdoor talks going on to try and limit the damage from this video, I would think..

This should cause an investigation into whether the organization should have their federal funds and status revoked.

How can you disregard all the evidence of the activities of this group and allow them to continue is beyond me...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of that Planned Parenthood employee accepting donations as long as they only went to the aborting of black babies.

This takes it a mile further though. Like if that PP employee went on to give the person donating the funds tips on how to better rid the nation of black people.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
ACORN is mostly a harmless bunch of idiots. They couldn't run a race much less a census.

I worked closely with them on some civil rights issues in NOLA and every case was dismissed without cause.

They consist mostly of overly enthusiastic volunteers such as civic-minded young people and wannabe civil rights leaders. They mean well but they are sorely misguided.

Harmless? hardly
They are a part of the Apollo Alliance.
Very dangerous. They are working to change our whole country and anyone that believes less, is just fooling themselves.
This is one of the most corupt organizations that there is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Megan was all over it on Fox this morning. Glenn Beck was suppose to have an exclusive on it, but the internet broke out to big to early when they posted up there website today.

biggovernment.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Holy crap...can't even believe this is real. The U.S. is truly a 3rd world country dressed up in 1st world clothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Flag and star.

This is absolutely disgusting. So which is it, is Obama a product of this organization or is the organization a product of Obama? Either way how in the World did this shyster become POTUS being that he is involved with organizations like this? Not to mention all of the shady characters he is linked to. Did anyone Vet this guy?

Also I'd have to agree that Acorn and its front companies are an extreme threat to the USA and our freedoms. People better wake up fast because this lame duck president is pushing their(his) agenda and he'll do a lot of damage in his 4 years he's aloud. People with resources better start digging for some dirt on this administration and Obama quick. Enough to get him out of office.

As far as why this story isn't on MSM front pages? Take a look! It's all about Wilson and the "YOU LIE!" comment. That's much more detrimental to the country then a group like acorn and the controversies that surround them.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
S&F

Will be posting on all my social pages, which will get me on the new hitlist of the White House.

Will be checking to see if its on Digg and if not will post their-but that site has pretty much been taken over by government trolls.

Does anyone know a DA in that state, we need to call one and have them start a racketeering investigation. They are using federal money to help with perceived illegal activities. This is the tip of the iceberg.

We need to seize all assets of the Federal Reserve and all The Central Banks and shut down this immoral and corrupt federal government. We need to do this NOW.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you think this is something now, just wait until a few weeks after the door-to-door census work by the ACORN "volunteers" is completed and the reports of home invasions/burglaries skyrocket. DO NOT answer your door to these people when they conduct said census.

Just think about it, verified census questions will include:
-your sallary
-# of people in your home
-how far away you work
-what time you usually leave for work

That combined with some casing of your home when they ask to come in while you answer their questions and they have everything (and far, far more) that they need to clean you completely out in broad daylight.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Shocked? get used to it. Get used to back to back outrages From obomber and his supporters. Those who looked into what obomber was prior to the election should not be shocked. For the rest of you,....... you ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Well I have seen plenty of examiner.com articles on the event, one saying this will be the BIG story on Glen Beck this afternoon..

A local Baltimore radio station ran a story on this as well and when they called ACORN Baltimore & ACORN Washington DC....

Calls from WBAL News to both the Baltimore and Washington offices of ACORN were not immediately returned.
wbal.com

Some serious backdoor talks going on to try and limit the damage from this video, I would think..

This should cause an investigation into whether the organization should have their federal funds and status revoked.

How can you disregard all the evidence of the activities of this group and allow them to continue is beyond me...

It was certainly the big story on Glenn's radio program this morning. He had the fellow from breitbart, (can't remember his name) speaking on the story this morning. Glenn said he spent last night with Judge Andrew Napolitano going over the transcripts of this "meeting" to see how many charges could be brought against them.

I can't wait to hear what explanation they'll come up with for this episode. Rogue employees has already been done.

Just how much corruption is acceptable before they get their funding yanked and are called out for the slimy organization they are?

This should be headline news. I haven't been watching the national news programs for quite some time now, but I'm going to watch tonight to see whether or not they carry this. If they don't, that will just reaffirm my belief that they cover for anything and anyone Obama related.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Aren't these people going to be running the census next year?

"SHOCKED" is an understatement...

Not to piss on anyones "Lets distort the truth and outright BS for the sake of political BS" parade by providing some facts...but...

www.factcheck.org...

Q: Is ACORN providing workers for the 2010 census?
A: No. ACORN employees will not be taking the census. The group is one of more than 30,000 "partners" that will help publicize the event.

FULL QUESTION

Did the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) sign on as a "national partner" with the U.S. Census Bureau to sign up over 1 million temporary workers to help with the 2010 census?

FULL ANSWER

ACORN has indeed signed on to partner with the Census Bureau in connection with the 2010 census, along with about 30,000 other groups at the time of this writing. Others under "A" include, for example, the American Statistical Association, the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, Avon Products Inc. and 57 additional organizations and corporations. The Census Bureau’s Web site includes an open invitation to sign on, and the agency says it expects to have more than 100,000 partners by the time the process is over. That may even be an underestimate: In 2000, it signed up 140,000 partners.
We’ve received questions about ACORN’s activities in connection with the headcount ever since a Fox News story, headlined "ACORN to play role in 2010 census," appeared in March. As retold by and filtered through blogs and chain e-mails, the news left some people with the impression that ACORN, the liberal community organizing group whose voter registration activities became an issue in last year’s presidential campaign, would be a big player in running the census effort.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
If you think this is something now, just wait until a few weeks after the door-to-door census work by the ACORN "volunteers" is completed and the reports of home invasions/burglaries skyrocket. DO NOT answer your door to these people when they conduct said census.

Just think about it, verified census questions will include:
-your sallary
-# of people in your home
-how far away you work
-what time you usually leave for work

That combined with some casing of your home when they ask to come in while you answer their questions and they have everything (and far, far more) that they need to clean you completely out in broad daylight.

Nice Fear mongering, but you are making stuff up based on a lie. See my post above. They aren't taking the census.

It's like mass terrets syndrome...people spouting hateful, crazy, fear mongering things without thinking.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by maybereal11]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join