It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is outrageous, take a look at this undercover video from Baltimore and how the ACORN worker helps to break the law....

Aren't these people going to be running the census next year?

"SHOCKED" is an understatement...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I can see it now. ACORN is going to say these are rouge employees and they had no idea and do not condone this.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

That is exactly what will happen. The low-level employees will be tossed overboard and the Justice Department will turn a blind eye and will decline to investigate.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
ACORN is mostly a harmless bunch of idiots. They couldn't run a race much less a census.

I worked closely with them on some civil rights issues in NOLA and every case was dismissed without cause.

They consist mostly of overly enthusiastic volunteers such as civic-minded young people and wannabe civil rights leaders. They mean well but they are sorely misguided.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I'm sorry, but to call these people harmless is not only an understatement.

it's flat out wrong. They mean well? Maybe if your definition of "well" is intent

to commit and facilitate mass voter fraud. ./end

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

In that regard I find them no more dangerous than Florida, Ohio or Diebold.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
LOL

touché

not a one or two liner

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Previously they were a harmless bunch of idiots, but now that they have one of theirs in the presidency and govt funding out the wazoo they are more than "harmless".

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is what our tax dollars/Stimulus money went for. There are so many laws that were broke in these videos that its unbelievable.

That lady did not even blink when they said there was 13 under age prostitutes. They are far from harmless, that is seriously HARMFUL!

This is the organization that financially backed our friggin president for Pete's sake!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nice find Jack! I think this is pretty sad.
"Find me a law and I will discover a way to break it and make money on it!"
Can this be called "Ghetto Bureaucracy"? Or, would that be too non-PC?

LOL!
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The more I think about it, the more pissed I get. Unbelievably they got a piece of 8.5 billion dollars , I want a refund! I don't want any part in prostitution and underage sex slaves to fund a Congressional campaign.

edit to add: facts were wrong

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What I find even more disturbing is the fact CNN MSNBC etc haven't even mentioned it. It is all over FOX News. I spent half hour watching each channel. Maybe people need to start protesting in front of news stations! I don't know about all of you, but I am so sick of News Channels that won't report the news or either cherry picks what news to report according to their political preferences.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I used to consider myself jaded and unshockable in my aging years. WTF??? This is shocking!! The audio of the assemby critter in Orange County, CA, didn't shock me at all. That's seemed like normal stuff among politicians of all parties. I wonder which of these two news items Air America talk show hosts will be more outraged and shocked with? I can't listen to them anymore, though. They couldn't survive in this area. Too bad, I enjoyed the humorous entertainment. Now I just have Rush to laugh at.

For sure, these two ladies at the ACORN office will be tossed under the ole bus. And if they aren't, then I will have seen the light that I can still be outrageously shocked.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
ACORN is mostly a harmless bunch of idiots. They couldn't run a race much less a census.

Thanks for that, while it does say that they won't be counting, and also that no one from ACORN will be hired by the census bureau, the organization is still going to be active in many areas of the census as a partner...

some of the areas the organization applied to assist:

- Appoint a liason to work with the Census Bureau
- Identify Job Candidates and/or display recruiting materials
- Provide space to train new employees
- Provide space for BE COUNTED sites and/or Questionnaire Assistance Centers
- Organize and/or serve as a member on Complete Count Committee

to name a few...

Having them involved in any of the above does not reassure me as to the upcoming census.

This was from page 48 of this FOIA pdf from Judicial watch:

www.judicialwatch.org...

I saved that one, as it does provide some insight to how the Bureau has been handling the ACORN issue, thanks again for the fact check link that took me there

Back to the topic of this thread, I have found a complete transcript of the Baltimore ACORN sting here:

www.docstoc.com...

for those interested.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Why have 20 people stared the post but not flagged it?

They want to give the OP points but don't want anyone else to see this?

Flag this all the way to the front page!!!!!!!! S & F

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
ACORN is just like a festering nest of cockroaches. You shut them down in one city and they just reappear in another or they change their name. They must be shut down permanently.

I saw the video this morning and I was stunned to say the least. The undercover op. openly talked about prostitution and the use of multiple underage girls from El Salvador. The ACORN rep didn't even bat an eyelash.

ACORN and SEIU and AFLCIO should all be lumped together in one giant cesspool.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
effin sick..wonder if any of our tax money payed for this. Isnt ACORN an obama , persoanl select and favorite thing?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have never been so furious in my entire life.
I want my freakin tax dollars back. I will not stand for one single of my tax dollars to go to an organization that advocates human sex trafficking and prostitution. This has to be one of the most atrocious, blatant forms of fraud I have ever seen, and this group has to be shut down. How many times have they done this sort of thing in the past? Are they helping set up crack houses and underage prostitution brothels all over the country? There must be justice, I'm serious, i want my money back.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
effin sick..wonder if any of our tax money payed for this. Isnt ACORN an obama , persoanl select and favorite thing?

Obama is their mouth piece and protectorate. With him in office these folks feel like they are invincible. Clearly they are not opposed to anything illegal. Tax fraud, voter fraud, voter intimidation... You name it, they are in it and so was Obama when he worked for them. Nothing has changed.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

A spokesman for ACORN, Scott Levenson, when asked to comment on the videotape, said: "The portrayal is false and defamatory and an attempt at gotcha journalism. This film crew tried to pull this sham at other offices and failed. ACORN wants to see the full video before commenting further."

wdbo.com...

What else do they need to see? The video pretty much sums it up. I can't believe they think they can backpedal out of this one with claims of defamation.

Nope. They've been had fair and square. The problem with Acorn is that they have no fear because they are secure in the knowledge that Obama is in bed with them. People that have no fear are very dangerous.

S&F and I gave this a Digg.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by soldiermom]

[edit on 9/10/2009 by soldiermom]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join