It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrants who love "conspiracy theories"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Actually the OP is a conspiracy-theory of its own. The conspiracy-theory says that extremists are poised to destroy western civilization and the

Freedom

it represents. They do so by disseminating conspiracy-theories which all essentially say "Down with America, Down with Europe, Down with Democracy, Down with Jews".

Thats the conspiracy being exposed here. Extremists vs. Moderates.

Why is it better for America to pretend that the problems and issues don't exist?

Why is it a bad thing to point out the negative things?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
Why is it better for America to pretend that the problems and issues don't exist?

Problems do exist. But its not black vs. white, its on a scale or spectrum. In relation to many other places, Americas problems are not that big.

Why is it a bad thing to point out the negative things?

Pointing out the negative is fine if its balanced out with the positive.

Ive been observing some posters here who do nothing other than vilify America/Europe and its politicians.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Freemasonry is an ancient good 'ole boy system for most of it's membership.

Rather than talking from written text I encourage you to start talking from personal experience. Unless youve been a Freemason you dont really know what it is for its membership other than what you have been told in written text.

With a nod and wink, one can be favored or prefered over the profane and unenlightened masses. For most members that is all it is, and to them, because of their supposed hightened and predisposed sense of morality, it is perfectly palatable and acceptable to do so...

Thats a view coming from mental images. These mental images come from written text, not from personal experience.

but dig a little further beneath the surface and you begin to understand that freemasonry is a support system for the zionist ideaology, rooted in the talmudic belief that one group is granted some divine elevation from the other inhabitants.

If you`ve experienced it personally you will find that its an education system on ethics and tolerance. If you want to gain some understanding in the mindset of Freemasons, read the Constitution, The Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights. If you want to gain an even better understanding, go outside and actually meet some of these supposedly "elitist" people who give charity anonymously as not to have their ego swell up.

The temple you are building is nothing more than an allegorical reference to the implementation of this ideaology, which is racism at it's finest.

You are hereby encouraged to base conclusions on experience rather than propaganda-material published by the agenda-driven.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Americas problems are not that big.

America has the most power.

This means we have the most potential to fix problems and create positive change.

The combination and merger of profit driven corporate entities and political entities within the United States is the biggest problem in the world simply because it has such a massive influence over the world.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The combination and merger of profit driven corporate entities and political entities within the United States is the biggest problem in the world simply because it has such a massive influence over the world.

Its actually the biggest benefactor of the world, creating employment for billions.

Funny how widely opposite our views are.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Its actually the biggest benefactor of the world, creating employment for billions.

Funny how widely opposite our views are.

Our points are not mutually exclusive...

I agree that it gives people a solution for the problems it creates.

"Support the system or suffer by it."

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
In this current thread you can see how conspiracy-theorists are championing Hugo Chavez because he seized Hilton Hotels. Rather than an act of theft it becomes an applaudable "act against the NWO".

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hello Skyfloating,

Dude.....

I have to question your reasoning on using examples of tyrannical governments conspiring against their populous with lies and propaganda as a metaphor for why we should not be paranoid and believe that the same is not happening to us.

Sure Hitler, Stalin, Chavez and all the rest used fear and paranoia as a tool to manipulate people. But would not a little paranoia of our own government attempting to do the same to us be healthy?

I mean what else is there to expect from a uninformed democracy but inevitable tyranny?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Hello Jezus,

I just don't understand why Capitalism is viewed in such a bad light.

People need to understand that things like Capitalism and Government are just abstract things that are used to facilitate life!

It's the human aspect that makes these abstract tool evil or deadly not the tool itself.

IT"S US!!! Me and you, we are the true villains in this comic book we call life. Our lunacy and lack of will to see any reasoning behind why the world is this way is the culprit.

I think this is what the OP is trying to say, that the second we let our obligations as an informed populace go down the drain we choose to demonise the tools that were meant to be used by adults, not spoiled child minded, slack jawed troglodytes once the fit hits the shan.

And as further proof of our stupidity we would rather abandon Capitalism then even tempt to do "all that hard work" of assuming once again our responsibilities of insuring we have a country with some work and business ethics.

I think having a conspiracy theory is good as long as it's well researched and dose not target an abstract thought.

A conspiracy theory targeting Capitalism is about as healthy as a conspiracy theory targeting the tooth fairy. Your the only one who looses a dollar under your pillow.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Skepticism of government claims is healthy, yes. Paranoia is not. And it does not help that a great deal of the conspiracies bandied about are just slightly altered CTs that were created by like say, Hitler. What you really have to see is that is how a tyrant comes to power, through mistrust of the current government in power and manipulating that paranoia you spoke of in their favor. To put it short and sweet. Ask yourself one question, why is mud slinging campaigns so popular in politics?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
When Chavez or Ahmadinejad murder 3,000 of their own citizens in order to perpetrate illegal and immoral trillion-dollar wars that have killed millions of innocent civilians, then they'll be in the same league as the U.S.

Until then, they're rank amateurs.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I ask myself a lot of questions.

For example I ask myself "What is paranoia?", "What is tyranny?", "What is a tyrant?.

To me a Tyrant is someone who is blamed for all the tyranny caused by people who were as ordinary as you an I. A CT is a CT paranoia or not. It is a theory of a lie between a few people or many to withhold information from others.

I was not speaking in favor of anyone in my other post. I was just trying to point out that the only real conspiracy is that we are and always have been the keepers of power. We alone have caused all the tyranny, bloodshed ans horrors of the world. Ordinary people like you and me, and yet we are told that we are not the tyrants by our governments and our leaders. The ones "WE" put in power.

TA!!

Izzy.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

What about Hitler? Hmmmmm?
Second line.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

And you are correct and thank you for further clarifying your stance. But paranoia like any human emotion can be used to manipulate. And it is by those that wish to use it. There is a part of blame to be had by the manipulatee, but the manipulator holds more of the blame as they are the catalyst for the whatever madness they cause. And unfortunately the more emotion involved the easier it is to manipulate.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by Jezus

Hello Jezus,

I just don't understand why Capitalism is viewed in such a bad light.

People need to understand that things like Capitalism and Government are just abstract things that are used to facilitate life!

It's the human aspect that makes these abstract tool evil or deadly not the tool itself.

IT"S US!!! Me and you, we are the true villains in this comic book we call life. Our lunacy and lack of will to see any reasoning behind why the world is this way is the culprit.

I think this is what the OP is trying to say, that the second we let our obligations as an informed populace go down the drain we choose to demonise the tools that were meant to be used by adults, not spoiled child minded, slack jawed troglodytes once the fit hits the shan.

And as further proof of our stupidity we would rather abandon Capitalism then even tempt to do "all that hard work" of assuming once again our responsibilities of insuring we have a country with some work and business ethics.

I think having a conspiracy theory is good as long as it's well researched and dose not target an abstract thought.

A conspiracy theory targeting Capitalism is about as healthy as a conspiracy theory targeting the tooth fairy. Your the only one who looses a dollar under your pillow.

- IT"S US!!! Me and you, we are the true villains in this comic book we call life. Our lunacy and lack of will to see any reasoning behind why the world is this way is the culprit. -

I agree, if all individuals made moral decisions both communism and capitalism would work.

The inherent problem with capitalism is that it makes money our God. The rich become richer, and people who are willing to be evil are able to acquire more money. The person with the most money is the leader.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

But would not a little paranoia of our own government attempting to do the same to us be healthy?

A dose of Skepticism toward ones leaders is fine. Fear, however, is a path to the dark side. So rather than fighting the perceived enemies, I invest my energy in supporting that which I think is good for the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
When Chavez or Ahmadinejad murder 3,000 of their own citizens in order to perpetrate illegal and immoral trillion-dollar wars that have killed millions of innocent civilians, then they'll be in the same league as the U.S.

Until then, they're rank amateurs.

Dont forget the possibility that 9/11 was not an inside job and that this theory is a propaganda-campaign coming from Iran, for example.

Im open to consider that 9/11 was an inside-job, but you guys make it a Dogma that mustnt be questioned. And thats what makes the CT just as blind as those he calls "sheeple"

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

But would not a little paranoia of our own government attempting to do the same to us be healthy?

A dose of Skepticism toward ones leaders is fine. Fear, however, is a path to the dark side. So rather than fighting the perceived enemies, I invest my energy in supporting that which I think is good for the world.

This is very true, and if every one did what you do we would live in a great place, as long as what you and everyone else perceives as good in the world is the same thing LOL.

I get the point Sky, I'm just being funny.

But there does come a point when skepticism is not an option, and investing energy in what you think is good for the world requires a bit of paranoia.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I get the point Sky, I'm just being funny.

I know. Im just making conversation and bumping the thread

Im curious - what conspiracies do you think are true?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well thats an interesting question lol.

To me a conspiracy theory is a new fade. Some people like to read about CT and think about them, some like making up their own cool CT, some hear about a CT and can see the validity of them. A CT is also a means to make people hate things.

But to a person who is not raised under the construct of a normal life a CT is nothing more than a carrot for people to follow. Much to the point of your OP.

To me it's pointless to classify obvious things as Conspiracy. And I feel they are only classified as such because it serves a purpose an agenda.

The only conspiracy I think exists is our current perception of reality. How the majority of the population perceives life is the biggest bold faced lie ever accepted.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join