It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton quitting?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

There was a news story on that a day or so ago. It's actually going to the Supreme Court.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It's the Chicago Machine against Arkansas Politics.

Sounds alot like WWF. . . .

Just remember, people died around the Clinton administration.

I'm just sayin'

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If Hillary quits, it won't just be because Obama has completely marginalized her role in government. No, it'll be because she believes that he's vulnerable. If she quits, its because she plans to run against him during the 2012 primaries in order to give the Democratic voters a chance to correct the 'mistake' they made in '08 and prove that she was the better choice all along.

link   
Hey even the rats are smart enough to jump overboard before the ship brings them down.

Second line

link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

We need Mean Gene Okerlund on the mike giving us the play by play. Will Hillary lay the blow to Obama's solar plexus. This should be a fun thread to follow.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Lets do a cage match. Two enter, one leaves.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Like her, hate her, she IS the consumate politician. She will always look out for her best interests. Just look at her marriage, fer goodness sake! You can say much about her, the one thing you can't say is that she's dumb.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i say , move over oprah winfrey , what about
an no-reality daytime show with guests like oj and
other s

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Late Night With Hillary. . . ?

-shudder-

No thanks. Better she kept to politics.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

To that I'd say there is the Middle East. . . oops Obama has a czar for that.

Well, there's the war in Afghanistan, she could. . . . oh, right. Obama has a czar for that.

That is exactly her problem.

Obama put her in State to keep her in a place where he could control her. There's been talk about her frustration at "special envoys" and "czars" stealing her thunder.

She and Obama do no see eye to eye on much of anything, especially Israel. Not that she's any great friend of theirs, but Obama despises them.

All in all, she's just a roving mothpiece, and most people want to hear Bill's opinions, not hers.

She will definitely leave. It might be painful.

I'd look for damage control and maybe pre-emption by Obama. He may arrange an untenable situation from which she must withdraw.

Iran? Korea? North Dakota? My guess is Mexico (hot bed of trouble, big domestic impact, lots at stake, no 'envoy' to take the flack).

Just watch.

jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

But Condolleezzaa had a purpose...Transformational Diplomacy...she wrote Treaties so powerful that they could flip the world upside down and turn it inside out. The work that can be done has been done...Hillary has no mission to accomplish that can be accomplished.

Scary but true, IDK. ::putting bag in microwave and getting a beer!::

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It does seem that Hilliary is out of loop in the major decision making areas.So if she's just been a pawn of the admin.the wise thing would be to quit as this ship is going down.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The New York Post is a reactionary rag that loves speculation and gossip. It's like The Sun in England.

They "did not hear" from her office before press time. So they fantasized the whole thing, hoping to sell some papers.

They didn't identify their "sources."

Sorry, folks, but Clinton isn't having a falling out with Obama and she's not going anywhere.

My understanding was that Obama offered her any post in his administration she wanted and she chose Secretary of State. It's the most important office in the Cabinet.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Agrees with Siestas.

There must be something about us lazy folk...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Under a normal administration the SoS would be a very powerful position. However, under Obama, this position has been whittled down to nothing more than a figurehead position. Obama's team of 33 czars have been stealing her thunder in regards to foreign affairs.

Up until now, the hard work was done by Madeline Albright and Condi Rice. Hillary is just flapping in the breeze and attending ribbon cutting ceremonies. I don't think she is happy at all. She wants her glory back.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am NOT a fan of Bill or Hilary .I actually despised her at one time .That time being before Obama came a long ,and decided to destroy this country .
I would actually prefer her over Obama ANY DAY ...I hope she does leave .
I never understood why she took the position anyway .
Maybe she felt she would fair better looking like a team player than a sore loser ,and has been waiting for her time to jump ship .Which most everyone knew sooner or later that time would come .
Now just to wait and see if she is able to make it happen .She serves no purpose in the admin other than out of sight ,out of mind .
As much as I disagree with her I feel she deserved the D nomination in the first place ,Not Obama .
She has to be a little bitter ,and I don't blame her one bit

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just in,us economy cut loose and drifting , avoided rock of ages,
but sinks in deep whitewater. now interesting dive site in third world.
shark feeding and breeding zone.free entry for the homeless.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think this was starting to show when she had that outburst when someone asked her what Bill Clinton thought and she flipped out..

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
IMO...

I think Obama appointed her to stifle her. He appointed many others to do the same thing, few countries here, few countries there. He minimalized her job to basically nothing. This was by design, to roadblock her from running against him in the next election. A bit unsavory to run against the Pres when you are SoS.

She is realizing she has been disempowered, and she now sees why. She tried to be one of his "right hand men", but Obama knew what he was doing. It smelled when it happened, but she had too many stars in her eyes at the time to see it.

Will she run again? You betcha! And she will do it with a lot more vim, vigor, and vicousness than she did the first time. Now, she has the insider info's.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
If Hillary quits, it won't just be because Obama has completely marginalized her role in government. No, it'll be because she believes that he's vulnerable. If she quits, its because she plans to run against him during the 2012 primaries in order to give the Democratic voters a chance to correct the 'mistake' they made in '08 and prove that she was the better choice all along.

I think this might be in the ballpark.

If she stays where she is then Obama can control her to a degree. She wants to extract herself from what is obviously going to be a sticky presidential term and come back later squeaky clean with a better image than the present players on the left are cultivating.

She's got too big of an ego to give it up for good. I think she's just repositioning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join