It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton quitting?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton is said to be frustrated with her lack of authority as secretary of state and resentful of the glacial pace of the White House vetting process. "President Obama's picks fly in even if they didn't pay their taxes. But her picks take forever," noted one Democrat. "Plus, she has no real clout over Holbrooke or Mitchell." Richard Holbrooke is Obama's "special representative" for Afghanistan and Pakistan. George Mitchell is "special envoy" to the Middle East. Clinton is said to be considering quitting to retake her old US Senate seat now held by Kristin Gillibrand -- or running for governor, as one rumor has it. "Her argument will be that Gillibrand is in danger of losing the seat to the Republicans," said a source. But Gillibrand won't voluntarily step aside, unlike Rep. Nita Lowey, whom Clinton nudged out of the race in 2000. "You couldn't blow Gillibrand out of that seat with dynamite," said our source. Clinton's rep did not get back to us by deadline.

New York Post
www.nypost.com...

I think the above post says it all. Recently there has been a saying concerning this administration, "You can believe your lying eyes, or believe what I'm telling you."

Hillary leaking this on the day after Obama's dismal speech surely has shown that this administration is eroding from within. Van Jones first, is Hillary next?

There has been talk about Obama being a lame duck in 2010. Seems like this is more than talk. And as politically savvy as Hillary is, she might see this as a sinking ship and want to leave before she gets too stained by this administration.

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
oh dear, how sad . NEVER MIND

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Awww, c'mon! Shouldn't you care just a wee bit about this poor administration? All they want to do is help. . .

[edit on 10-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
She was pushed out of national government, right along with the Bushes...Picking her for SoS served a few purposes...1. get her out of the Senate. 2. Wear her down at State. 3. She leaves State and goes somewhere to cry.

If you ask me she just can't take a hint.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Maybe she's come to her senses.

the second line

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Interesting, seems like she finally caught on to his game, of course if this can be believed.

The Obama admin is a sinking ship, his propaganda outlets ratings are sinking, his "mojo" seems to have disappeared when it comes to him delivering a speech, his "green jobs czar" had to resign, oh yea also a federal court judge will not dismiss a case regarding his birth certificate.

It's like I always say, BS will get you to the top, but it won't keep you there. And Obama is on his not so graceful decent to the bottom.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I think she tried to play the George Soros game and didn't like it. She wants another stab at the White House. Just my humble little opinion. . .

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Truth!

link   
I think that Hilary is starting to cotton on to the fact that she isn't being taken seriously. Which is kind of necessary for a Secretary of State. Not only domestically, but internationally as well.

This incident comes to mind......

link   

as politically savvy as Hillary is, she might see this as a sinking ship and want to leave before she gets too stained by this administration.

If she leaves because the *ship is sinking* then she's a rat like the rest of the vermin and doesn't deserve any post in any administration.

Stay and fight right where she is or get out.

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

When the democrats were in the minority, they had a common enemy, the GOP.
When they are the party in charge, they just can't stop fighting. Now though, it's among themselves.
This will make for some interesting watching.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

That's what the movie thing is all about right? She's definately planning to run for the White House if she's making a movie about herself.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I can only compare her to Condi Rice. She had poise, class, and got the job done (whether youl iked her or not).

Hillary is no Condi.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

The movie was actually a slam-fest brought about by the GOP. She actually fought to have it shut down during the campaign. It's a freedom of speech vs. political commercial thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not to sound too non-partisan, but aren't all politicians, rats?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

But Condolleezzaa had a purpose...Transformational Diplomacy...she wrote Treaties so powerful that they could flip the world upside down and turn it inside out. The work that can be done has been done...Hillary has no mission to accomplish that can be accomplished.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Yeah...she's is clever...no one, Hillary among them, would really want to stop a movie from being made about themselves...even if its bad. She'd get to defend herself, become a permanent part of the American pop culture and set herself up for a run for the White House as a household name.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't know why, but Rice did seem a bit more credible in the role, which is surprising considering Hilarys political history.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

To that I'd say there is the Middle East. . . oops Obama has a czar for that.

Well, there's the war in Afghanistan, she could. . . . oh, right. Obama has a czar for that.

Well, at least there's North Dakota. That state has been too dark frisky for its own good. Maybe she should. . . uh, you know,. . .

-sigh-

Ok, Hillary. I'll help you pack.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
If this is true, this could be one of a plethora of potential "October Surprises" that are in store for the country and for Obama.

If she quits, she may just try an lay a lethal blow to Obama's administration on her way out.

There is plenty of speculation surrounding any dirt that she may have on Obama and Michelle. She is certainly a resourceful and bitter woman and she has a history of squashing those who cross her path like a bug.

Time to pop some popcorn folks because I think that we are in for a long and bumpy ride.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join