It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the internet is propelling us into a evolutionary awakening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
(disclaimer, I know most of this is incoherent and not articulated the best but I had to get some thoughts written down before I forgot so don't criticize to much on the poor English)

I had a few ideas while I was meditating, basically the body is a interface or peripheral for our mind.

I started thinking about the things we spend a great deal of time doing. Whether it be watching TV, browsing the Internet on your PC, driving your car, playing a instrument, etc, we all do one thing or another to entertain ourselves or pass the time(sometimes to an addictive level). Then I started thinking about what each of these task had in common.

Usually TV has very little interaction you absorb what is on it through sight and sound, though you can hook up a video game system to get even more stimulation's through it from the interaction of adding a peripheral of touch into the equation. Compare that to how driving a car stimulates your senses, you have sense of touch, sight, sound, smell and taste(drinking on your coffee). So driving a car definitely covers a wide range of senses as well as activating different emotional states making you relaxed while your listening to music, or stressed out if your going to be late for work.

This is similar to all the devices or things we do as they all stimulate our senses and emotions. Think about something as simple as painting a picture. Your feeling the texture of the canvas, holding a paintbrush in your hand, smelling the paint and seeing what you put on the canvas(sometimes people like to taste there paint, hopefully its only kids doing this). For some painting could encompass a number of feelings depending on your surroundings, such as your in a class and you hate art but you have to take it anyways it could stress you out to meet art deadlines. On the other hand if you do it for fun in your spare time, you could feel a strong love for what your doing that brings a euphoric calmness over you.

Well I thought about it and since I believe are body's are nothing more then an advance peripheral that are minds interact with. I thought about the interactions of the above devices / activities and saw how they were stimulating a number of the senses some more then others. The television for the most part is a audio and visual stimulator while the PC I think matches are body more. You could look at the monitor as our eyes, the keyboard and mouse for our sense of touch, the headphones or speakers for hearing. The only thing it doesn't touch on is sense of smell and taste, though I think I saw a article somewhere people were working on ways for your TV to create a smell to come out of it when a commercial for food or something came on.

I think its simple to see why the TV is slowly being killed off to the computer. The PC offers more interactivity as well as a endless stream of knowledge at our finger tips. It covers almost any aspect as any other activity can offer, from the interactivity of a game, creating a song, writing a book, or feeding our curiosities.

As we evolve as a human species and technology evolves I think we will always jump up to the next piece of technology that offers more stimulation of all our senses and emotions. I think if there was a device that we could plug into that stimulated all five senses as well as the rainbow of emotions that we have we would never unplug, especially if those things were positive or if we didn't know anything outside of that existed. This is where the matrix questions comes to mind, if our bodies are controlled by what we think is our brains, and not from a more external source of control that we are aware of.

(continued below...)

[edit on 10-9-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How do we know what we perceive of reality is real and what is an illusion. Though the illusion might be good for this body or peripheral, maybe without it acting as a shield to the real reality we would die from being over stimulated by what I believe to be the sea of collective human consciousness.

I'm not religious but what if gods punishment for us for eve eating the forbidden fruit was to trapped us in these bodies to limit our perception of infinite knowledge, and only through dying can we be rid of our man suits(yes Donnie Darko reference).

This also brings on another thought about religion, lets say for a minute everything we see is an illusion but also reality. Lets say the veil of limitations that our human body creates was lifted and we could see true reality without the illusion, I think we would see a world in which we could easily manipulate through higher understanding of what is really going on, similar to just seing a brick in a house by standing up close not till you step back you see the whole house, you can easily build or destroy a house once you have a understanding of what a house is.

So lets say the "bible" is one persons manipulation of our perceived reality (lets say Jesus was the messenger between our two worlds that imparted this knowledge, and by two worlds I mean one world, just that this person is aware and can tap into the sea of knowledge) to give us some information about what is going on but the words have been distorted through our human filters from how we interpret things and have been severely watered down to the point of it being unrecognizable.

Then if we go back to the oldest religions, back before Judaism we have Hinduism. Even further back we have paganism which some say has influence in all religion afterwards. I also noticed how most religions have a main person imparting this wisdom on us such as Jesus, Abraham, and Muhammad. They are all messengers of god, but if we look at god not as a person but as our true reality these messengers become no more then a Neo or Morpheus jacking into the matrix. (i know I'm going to get hated on for comparing the son of god to Neo)

But before the christian era we have Buddha, or before that he was known as Siddhattha Gotama a spiritual teacher in India that founded Buddhism. After 49 days at the age of 35 he attained enlightenment, from then on Gautama was known as Buddha or awakened one or the enlightened one. (en.wikipedia.org...)

I am kind of drawn to this as being true, just based on a feeling in my soul that I have about this subject. Just as I have a feeling about what I perceive as truth regarding 911, Oklahoma city, JFK assassination all being inside jobs executed by the us government or the manipulators of the us government. Its just a knowledge that I feel is out there in reality "god" that we pull from or maybe its our web of collective human consciousness creating a feeling in me with the answers I seek, and maybe the Internet is now mimicking our species collective consciousness on a primitive level compared to the vastness and infinite possibilities of our minds capabilities.

I do think we our transmitters and receivers for information, we can even see that in the simplest of situations, like group think where one persons attitude towards something could change the entire group, one person is picking on someone and everyone else starts joining in on it.

(continued below..)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just that which is kind of strange in some observed situations, I don't think most of us can comprehend the interconnectedness we as a whole world wide are capable of. I think if one tragic thing happens to our species it effects all of us, just look at 9/11, it happened in the united states, but its not just us talking about it, the whole world was affected by it whether small or big it sent a ripple to every corner of this world to everyone whether or not they know about it consciously or not. So just think the affect that major wars play on this planet, not only in the damage it does to the earth, but its just like a black hole sucking are species into it. Not only with death and destruction, but the damage it does to our minds through fear, anxiety, hate, anger, pretty much the spectrum of emotions that I think we force ourselves into due to this world needing a balance, yin and yang. Though in this day and age I think our world is becoming unbalanced through a high degree of manipulation of our human consciousness destroying us from the inside out.

Even though I think the collective human consciousness is real, a source of infinite knowledge and power if one knows how to reach into it to extract what they need. I think its still not "god" the reason for this is I think about it like this. People all over in different religions will tell you humans go to heaven, then you got a little kid asking well where does fluffy go to? I'm sure everyone has there story they tell there kid the answer usually is all animals are gods creatures so they all joy him in heaven.

I need to take that a step back and look at a observation I had about animals. If you look at basic instinct something not learned and just adherent in all animals, just something they know. It starts to seem to me that they are communicating with there species on a level they are unaware of due to there bodies crude interpretation of our world. But are still able to do things that science is usually boggled by on how its done. Like a whale traveling thousands of miles to mate and give birth and then travel thousands of more miles to eat afterwards, or animals knowing what to do as soon as there hatched or born they go right to it. Its just something innate in most of the animal kingdom. This is what leads me to believe that what makes us humans and various animals species different is our DNA makeup, in some species its usually only a few chromosome difference, but even these small variations create infinite possibilities. This is why I think we do communicate on a level we are not aware of, at the subatomic level, and that this frequency is different for all species depending on there DNA makeup.

(continued below.)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
We as humans are nothing more then an advance, intelligent species through constant evolution have learned to control our world, I'm also thinking in primitive days we were more easily able to communicate on this frequency or spectrum of human consciousness, just look at civilizations that have had no contact with one another but we see similar things all around the world, just as an example look at pyramids. Though pyramids and there origin are highly debatable and I'm only speculating just like the rest of this incoherent rant. Some would say aliens imparted the knowledge to build them, or there was an advanced human civilization that died out much like ours is dying out now some call that Atlantis and maybe they layed the blue print in our DNA that weathered the ages that could of been systematically destroyed and/or forgotten over the millenniums.
This could be a reason for the elites constant need to poison us and harm our bodies to degrade us as a species and keep devolving us further so we move further and further away from true knowledge of who we are.

My final thought is this, I don't think our human collective web of consciousness is god, or our true reality just something all plants and animals have that works as a support structure and wealth of knowledge that can test the age of time for those with that DNA makeup, true god I believe is where every plant and animals consciousness goes when body death happens. It isn't the collective mind of humans that is god though we may think it is because the power of it is just so beyond are comprehension
but god in my interpretation is the universal collective of consciousness of every plant, animal, bug, parasite, basically anything that has life contributes to this higher plane of existence. I have done some research regarding Ayahuasca, some reported users of plant which is considered by most to be a medicine, people report a female spirit in the vine, and when the the medicine is taken from my interpretation I think people step beyond the body's filters of the mind and you tap into infinite wisdom of the
human species. Of course I also believe this can be achieved by meditating, but I think if something isn't done soon about the imbalance of light and dark we will soon be no longer capable of reaching this plane of enlightenment until we die.

Though I could be wrong and the collect human consciousness could just be the middle ground of enlightenment maybe we can go into this and past this with meditation, I have done very little research on the topic regarding plains of existence, meditation and other topics most my experience comes from doing it without instruction on how to do it, just based on how I want and I have pushed my mind into scary and interesting places not following a set of rules on how to do something.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Being able to download most TV shows isn't helping things either

Seriously, look what that ability has done to print media. How long until an actual book is no more than a novelty?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
You make some great points but i do not think the computer killed god it killed a form of medium yes.. i totally agree and even changed a mind set of the human race in one way shape or another but god i have issues with..

You see God is not a human as you pointed out so what is god ?

Let me show you
in relation to this topic

The universe is made up of 2 things one is life the other is not

This is a fact.. we have living beings and we dont

Human / rock ect

Now the reason for this "logic helps" is that we can see pattens in this very construct we call reality..

God came first "also known as creation" ie you being here so we can pretty much nail that down because we are here

So after that we need to think ok well we have a method of some sort, now what would be the outcome of this method?

Well life was the outcome because we are here! so what happened first does not matter "ie god/creation" but only the method "science" is why one of our tools to understand the method.

You see life is only a component of the universe because we know the universe created life for a reason? for what reason was life in all its glory created?

simple To keep the universe WORKING

Now in relation to killing god i think its some what backwards to think We as humans are caperble of killing the idea of GOD as we understand it because in order to ASK the question or at least find out why would be a pretty pointless task

This is were heaven and hell come into play "you get to find out the answer"

Well the truth is the answer is the very question people are seeking as that is how you function everyday and that is what we live inside

i self perpetuation of a question, you live in side a physical question

Most people don't get that part as many people do not understand what a question is or the way it works

A question IS a FUNCTION

in short .. no the computer did not kill god.. if anything it was a gift ; )

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I agree I think my title was not a very good one I meant it to grab peoples attention by them saying "wtf?" how can a computer can kill god, but really my intention is the opposite

The computer has linked us into this collective artificial human consciousness(the Internet) that we can readily understand thus increasing our knowledge giving that extra nudge we needed to get back in touch with ancient knowledge and make us awake, I think the more of us that become awake, it will stir the pot of the humans collective mind and propel us into our next evolutionary step.

think ima change the title again to not confuse people

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
LOL I could have swore originally it said how the computer killed tv

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
LOL I could have swore originally it said how the computer killed tv

my post went through a evolution over a minute or so , i changed it after your reply was not in line with what I was talking about.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

The universe is made up of 2 things one is life the other is not

This is a fact.. we have living beings and we dont

Human / rock ect

That is your opinion, but... umm, no. Universe is made up 3 major factors at least, which is my opinion.

Postive, negative and neutral force. The law of three - or holy trinity if you will. An ancient thought pattern, which doesn't make it necessarily any more credible.

It's like the flower and the bee (ahem, this isn't a sexually suggesting methaphora). For examble, think the flower as a negative force, attracting the bee, which is a positive force here in our example. Then what is the neutral? It is the air, or the medium that the bee uses to reach the flower.

Well, I dunno if it's so, but I haven't got any closer to explain the laws of universe for myself. I am not forcefeeding my theories to anyone, I don't even know if they are true - yet I like to believe so, as long as I am proved otherwise.

Cheers,

-v

[edit on 10-9-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Wow, a long post. But it is not the reason I starred it. I found many your thoughts resonating with mine. Especially the stuff you said about our body being the interface. Although I don't see it quite as dualistic. I posted a comment considering another users post, where I talked bit about the trinity. I see the trinity in this 'interface'-methaphora also. Body is the hardware, soul being the interface between body and the eternal part of us. I am not religious in common sense either, but I have come to conclusion, that something in everything is eternal, this why rock is rock and human is human. It's the archetypical essence that builds this body and forms the soul. I don't know what that is, but it's been called with many names in esoteric teachings.

Anyway, yours was a good post with many fine points. Carry on

-v

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by phiktion

Wow, a long post. But it is not the reason I starred it. I found many your thoughts resonating with mine. Especially the stuff you said about our body being the interface. Although I don't see it quite as dualistic. I posted a comment considering another users post, where I talked bit about the trinity. I see the trinity in this 'interface'-methaphora also. Body is the hardware, soul being the interface between body and the eternal part of us. I am not religious in common sense either, but I have come to conclusion, that something in everything is eternal, this why rock is rock and human is human. It's the archetypical essence that builds this body and forms the soul. I don't know what that is, but it's been called with many names in esoteric teachings.

Anyway, yours was a good post with many fine points. Carry on

-v

yeah i read and enjoyed your comments i even went to your blog will read through it later as it seems to touch on some interesting things, yeah I have never really studied esoteric or any of this in depth, I have seen and read somethings but as far back as I can remember being about thirteen im twenty five now, getting books from the library on qi gong or tai chi because I believed chi / or life energy was real from a early age, and I have always took what I believed such as putting negativity out there or positivity to reflect in your reality, such as karma most would laugh as fantasy delusions, but ive had to many experiences where stuff came back on people three fold in one way or another as well on myself.

a example of karma coming back on someone, this guy when i was in the army stole my new blackberry phone, i had it for 3 days and iknew who it was and asked him about it he just got mad usual defense. then later on i was outside the baracks and see his phone sitting on the steps, he is no where to be seen so i take the phone and throw it in his room on his bed, next time i see him i tell him i found his phone outside on the steps. a few weeks later he thought it was a good idea to dine and dash and a undercover police officer was parked outside and he got 30 days in jail for trying evade arrest.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think those of us that are aware of the systems of control that have been in place for hundreds or even thousands of years, and can clearly see in everyday life the manipulations going on are part of the growing number of people that are awakening.

I do think the internet is responsible for accelerating this awakening that I think would of happened eventually naturally, so think of it as a chemical accelerant or artificial connectiveness between us all, forming a sort of web between us. I see the momentum building up, and I believe soon just like a tornado or hurricane picking up speed its going to come over the world like a major tidal wave completely destroying the nwo system of control, and probably sending us into a fight for humanities survival.

Thats why I believe theres so much tension building, the awakening is bursting at the seams for most, though I do think theres still alot of people that are completely jacked in, ignorance is bliss no way of unjacking them no matter what, but who knows maybe the power of 51% is strong enough to overpower the rest.

The human mind network I believe you start becoming more sensitized to it as you start becoming more and more awake, its weird and hard to explain.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"How the internet is propelling us into a evolutionary awakening "

Only for CERTAIN people then.

Internet is used 99,99% to view funny youtube video, to post lolcats, to search porn, to download pirate movies and music, to play WoW, to find other people with your weird fetish (furries, diapers, voraphiles, ...), to pretend to socialize on networks that are in fact worldwide dating site, to watch more porn, to check what this 2girl1cup thing is, etc, etc, etc, ...

Internet is the mirror of our society, and some days I really think to myself that our society is seriously f***ed up.

Internet also makes people lazy, they don't cross check information and take everything on the internet as true.

Finally, the spelling of some people on forum posts is really killing me.

I'm not that old (28 years), but I really think the internet is seriously damaging the younger generation.

But for those who are somewhat knowledgeable and balanced, Internet is a wonderful tool. But only for them...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
change in one of us permeates to others we come in contact with

new topics

top topics

join