It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we protect endangered animals?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Republican08

Do you know how many men - and I say men advisedly, love to go out and hunt and kill animals for sport?

There may be a few women, but not a lot.

This is a disgusting practice.

I include the British royal family and all their associates in this damnation.

My deceased father, loved to hunt animals for sport.

I didn't really take for it, squeemish around blood, especially hearts, and skinnings, I know not, very manly but whoa.

Like I said, I don't condone this.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Exuberant1

There is a cute animal as your avatar - and you say that?

Why should humans matter more than animals?

We think we are so important - we are not.

I wouldn't say the animal in my avatar is cute... he's a demon off of Constantine, great movie, well I thought so...

Why should we matter more.

Because we propose the idea of life outside of the jail cell. We hold the key in one of our pockets, to expand life, to encounter ourselves elsewhere.

We have consciousness, we hold so much, but it's so hidden in the MSM.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Absolutely. It is sickening after years of campaigning for foxhunting to be banned, these people are still openly going out and doing it without receiving any prosecution for breaking this law. That alone makes me sick to death with our government and their empty policies.
I also lived in Milwaukee for a while and just going in Walmart was upsetting. How anyone can justify this 'sport' is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

But I feel the only reason why we do, is straightly put, because their beautiful.

I'm assuming your male so excuse me if my assumption is incorrect.

ok tonight you go to the store

let's say there are 100 people or so at the store with you. your held hostage buy somebody on pcp with an assult rifle. your wearing a t-shirt that just happens to be this guys favorite band. he starts talking to you, and decides he's going to let you live tonight.

you ask him if you can take all these people with you. he says NO only one person. you just happen to see the most beautiful woman you have ever seen in you life at the store tonight.

who else is going to live tonight?

you need to re-examine the beautiful issue my friend

that comes first all your points put aside

deal with this first.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
[
Because we propose the idea of life outside of the jail cell. We hold the key in one of our pockets, to expand life, to encounter ourselves elsewhere.

What the Hell should it matter that there is other life out there? I completely believe that there is, but if we are unable to look after the lives that we already hold in our hands, we don't deserve the chance to encounter extraterrestrial species. Especially when there is every chance that we will only end up endangering their lives also.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by overide

But I feel the only reason why we do, is straightly put, because their beautiful.

I'm assuming your male so excuse me if my assumption is incorrect.

ok tonight you go to the store

let's say there are 100 people or so at the store with you. your held hostage buy somebody on pcp with an assult rifle. your wearing a t-shirt that just happens to be this guys favorite band. he starts talking to you, and decides he's going to let you live tonight.

you ask him if you can take all these people with you. he says NO only one person. you just happen to see the most beautiful woman you have ever seen in you life at the store tonight.

who else is going to live tonight?

you need to re-examine the beautiful issue my friend

that comes first all your points put aside

deal with this first.

I am a male,

I'd probably go to the most beautiful woman, albeit it, that's on a small scale.

Let's say there is a joint community, a large group of people.

Who do you think the Earth as a whole would select to go as a group of ten, to inhabit another planet, which proves to be the only way to protect our species, as the rest will die.

We can all come to a good agreement on who to send!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennyJen

[

What the Hell should it matter that there is other life out there? I completely believe that there is, but if we are unable to look after the lives that we already hold in our hands, we don't deserve the chance to encounter extraterrestrial species. Especially when there is every chance that we will only end up endangering their lives also.

I meant, in my writing, nothing of ET. Just 'OUR' life elsewhere.

That we may inhabit other planets, and we can evolve, into something else along the way, which many scientist see possible, especially in generations living in space!

I just said, that we hold the key, to opening the jail cell, letting us out. And exploring the possibilities of OUR life elsewhere. Just to clarify.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

LOL, he looks cute tho.

But we have failed in our quest, oh great master.

Personally, I believe we have completely stuffed it up.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Ok, I apologise for misunderstanding you then. But the same still applies. Putting OUR life elsewhere is to serve what end? When there are millions of humans suffering the world over and every penny we spend on space exploration can be better spent here who are we to decide that this holds greater importance? I simply can not get my head around how people can put technology before life and say it with a clear conscience. Whether its human or animal life, doesn't matter. Whilst there is suffering, we need to do our upmost to eradicate it and help our own.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I am a male, I'd probably go to the most beautiful woman, albeit it, that's on a small scale. Let's say there is a joint community, a large group of people. Who do you think the Earth as a whole would select to go as a group of ten, to inhabit another planet, which proves to be the only way to protect our species, as the rest will die. We can all come to a good agreement on who to send!

lol.. probably go.. he says.
like i said get REAL with yourself first then deal with the real challenges we face

Wouldn't there be at least one mice or monkey or pig going on that trip?

after all they are going to need to experiment on something up there.

i dont think the humans in your scenario will be wanting to be the subject of experimentation, and what are they going to eat?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
*EDIT* oops.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by overide]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

LOL, he looks cute tho.

But we have failed in our quest, oh great master.

Personally, I believe we have completely stuffed it up.

Really, the missing the top half of his/her head is cute lol.

What do you mean "Stuffed it Up"?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennyJen

Ok, I apologise for misunderstanding you then. But the same still applies. Putting OUR life elsewhere is to serve what end? When there are millions of humans suffering the world over and every penny we spend on space exploration can be better spent here who are we to decide that this holds greater importance? I simply can not get my head around how people can put technology before life and say it with a clear conscience. Whether its human or animal life, doesn't matter. Whilst there is suffering, we need to do our upmost to eradicate it and help our own.

Agreed nonetheless.

A previous poster, I believe the one with the puppy with koala like capabilities said, "Not a cent, with 30 million americans on food stamps!"

maybe with or without the "!".

We still have many, but we cant' do much about that, with politics in the way, but we can do much with technology, and increasing life span.

Trust me, if it was up to me, I would find a mean balance for technology and science, and help for african countries and poor parts in america, and everywhere else.

But, it seems a losing battle? We can barely support ourselves, as a species, nonetheless, worry about polar bears.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by overide

i dont think the humans in your scenario will be wanting to be the subject of experimentation, and what are they going to eat?

Pork! Or regular dried food

Nonetheless, if we had the funding, we could figure this all out.

But it's beside the point and nearing OT.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The human race is doomed - sorry, in NZ stuffed up means crapped out or whatever it is in your country.
It means we are lost.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Does this not go back to "Survival of the Fittest"?

i don't think it does, survival of the fittest is the law of the natural order but because we place ourselves outside of this order, the impact of our input into it cannot be a factor in evolution in this way.

most species are endangered by either over hunting or habitat destruction. we use an un-natural advantage in hunting so the fitness of the prey is irrelevant and habitat destruction destroys an animals ability to survive regardless of it's fitness.

the way that a species is "protected" is by limiting human interference in the natural order.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

The human race is doomed - sorry, in NZ stuffed up means crapped out or whatever it is in your country.
It means we are lost.

In our country it's SOL, or # out of Luck. To be proper. lol

I don't think we're doomed though, i'm optimistic!

I think, that there are a few of us, with High IQ's, High Ambitions, Open Minds, and Free thinking, and the ability to further the movement of Humans.
And that may save us all.

Makes me think alot about things from a different paradigm.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

OK,

I have really enjoyed talking.

And I really hope we can all make it and save the world and the people and the animals.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Does this not go back to "Survival of the Fittest"?

i don't think it does, survival of the fittest is the law of the natural order but because we place ourselves outside of this order, the impact of our input into it cannot be a factor in evolution in this way.

most species are endangered by either over hunting or habitat destruction. we use an un-natural advantage in hunting so the fitness of the prey is irrelevant and habitat destruction destroys an animals ability to survive regardless of it's fitness.

the way that a species is "protected" is by limiting human interference in the natural order.

Humans, are natural no?

So our superior minds, are natural no?

We are part of the Natural no?

I think by thinking we're unnatural isn't right?

We may of sped up evolution into a modern day, seeable fact, that we can see more species go faster, and have the ability to record it, as the snail doesn't so.

We may of evolved to far, and finding a way to 'fit' this would be quite the task, since there are so many us.

I don't think us, above natural, we were created by mother nature, I think she had good insight too, and trust her, in choosing us to of been made.

We at one point, may of been endangered, but we apparently made it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

OK,

I have really enjoyed talking.

And I really hope we can all make it and save the world and the people and the animals.

Thanks, you've been well to talk to, and fun
yay for good conversation!

I hope we make, it, not as much as our animal bretheren. But I hope they do too, just not above us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join