It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth Graders To Study Religion In School!! But Only One Religion, Islam!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Ok, I have read and reread your points on this matter, but this workshop is clearly designed to educate teachers about Islam as it pertains to Social Studies! If you are not paying attention, Social Studies is the study of the Social aspects of Society! Whereas in the US we have a disjointed illusion of the separation of church and state, in MOST Islamic countries there are none!
What I gather is that this is a cross cultural workshop designed to educate teachers on the Social aspects of Islam and not the religious aspects! If we were educated in elementary school about the differences in the Social fabric of an Islamic state, then perhaps we would not have this us vs. them attitude now. Personally, I think its about time teachers started educating children about other complex societies and their relevance to our society!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Kids should start learning about the Annunaki and Elohim in grade 1, followed by reptoid/human hybrid theories in grade 2. By grade 3 they should be able to compare and contrast the mythos of Innana/Enki (Sumer), Ishtar/Marduck (Babylon), and Isis/Osiris (Egypt). Every other religious theory should be ignored until college.

Just kidding.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I believe that young people have to be made aware of what is out there.

They do need to be taught about religion, but from all sides (and, sadly, this never happens).

They have to taught about their options.

But sadly every school is biased and that is one reason we are divided.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I totally agree with you, they should teach everything in school I think they should force you to read the Bible, enuma elish, Eddas, Mahabarata etc. only problem is, in what order..?

I am lucky my education system taught me a lot of world religions and Buddhism got a suprising length of study.
I wish they taught about Islam so that nowadays I would not have to ask Xtrozero stupid basic questions about it.

Originally posted by paxnatus
Are they teaching about Christ in the Middle East? No they are not! Well maybe they should be! hmmmmm?

Yes they are, didnt you watch the Arrivals?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I wish way more kids were taught about Islam over the last few decades ...

If they had perhaps the fear and paranoia oft expressed on ATS and across the United States would have not led to the extraordinary cost we've had to pay for our ignorance.

Well, the first exposure to Islam for most Americans wasn't exactly a cordial one, now was it?

Blaming 'our ignorance' for their actions is a clear example of apology. And it is wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This may explain where some of this is coming from and why we see a spread of Islam to Europe, and the Americas. It also explains why Islamberg NY was never bothered by the FEDS like Waco or Ruby Ridges was. See second Quote. Obama is/was Sunni. He changed religions because he was told to by those who had him working as a Community Organizer. It was felt the Christian blacks might not accept a Muslim. Rev Wright was also a "converted" Muslim...

Google the arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi and his connections to the Father of the Environmental movement Maurice Strong, the Bush family, the CIA and google the Saudi - Rockefeller connection. It will make you feel like you are wading in a cess pool.

The Bush family,... the Saudi royals....—and other rich and influential Saudi families [Khashoggi ] were naturally drawn to one another as they share similar ideologies and goals: the “new world order” which is to be governed and controlled by a small ruling class elite, That is, the “Brotherhood”. In the 1960s, and certainly by the 1970s, they were all doing business together.

However, in the case of the Saudis, that new world order will be a world-wide Islamic state, governed according to Sunni Wahhabi interpretations of Islam (15). Although that goal is not shared by the Bush-Wall Street-corporate elite, the Bush team and the Saudis are nevertheless willing to work closely together, to increase their wealth and their power, and to combat and eliminate common enemies and competitors for world domination .

Indeed, due in part to Saudi efforts, since the 1980s, Islam has become the fastest growing religion among Latinos in the Americas ....

Bush business partner and friend, Adnan Khashoggi, a Saudi billionaire oil and arms trader, admitted in a television-interview, that he funneled $5 million dollars to help finance arms shipments to the Contras who were terrorizing Nicaragua. In addition, the Sultan of Brunei — the richest man in the world — pitched in another $10 million. Let us recall that Saudi billionaire, Adnan Khashoggi, was providing millions of dollars to support the Contras, as was the Sultan of Brunei, and the royal family of Saudi King Fahd . Source

Islamberg was established in 1980 by Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, a Pakistani cleric who served as the imam of the Yasin Masjid in Brooklyn....

.. Gilani called upon members of a Black Muslim street gang known as Dar al-Islam (DAR) to take part in the holy war against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. Hundreds answered the call and headed off to training camps in Pakistan, which had been established by Osama bin Laden, and other members of the mujahadeen.

... The sheikh soon came to realize that it would be financially advantageous to train new recruits for the holy war on American soil rather than shelling out the freight of sending them to Lahore and Peshawar. He purchased a seventy acre parcel of land near Green Haven, set up a firing range and an obstacle course, purchased a slew of old single-wide trailers, and created a paramilitary compound called Islamberg. When released from the federal prison, former convicts now received not only the customary $10 and a suit of clothes but also a one-way ticket to Gilani’s compound....

What took place at Islamberg and the International Quranic Open University? The answers came from Sheikh Gilani in his recruitment videos: “We give [students] specialized training in guerilla warfare. We are at present establishing training camps. You can easily reach us at Open Quranic offices in upstate New York or in Canada or in South Carolina or in Pakistan.” Similarly, in a handbook, published by the university, Gilani writes that the foremost duty of all students is to wage war against “the oppressors of Muslims.” The students are expected to sign an oath that reads: “I shall always hear and obey, and whenever given the command, I shall readily fight for Allah’s sake.”

THE FBI VISIT

On June 30, 2005, federal law enforcement officials finally descended upon Islamberg but not to make arrests or to investigate the reports of gunfire and explosions. They rather make the trek to the compound to take part in a communal picnic in honor of the Muslim Boy Scouts of America.

Islamberg [now] resembles a ghost town.

The Muslim settlement captured national attention two years ago when a story entitled “Springtime in Islamberg” appeared in Atlas Shrugs, Canada Free Press, and other news pages. Since the publication of this expose, Islamberg became an item of interest for ABC News, Fox News, CNN, and other national news outlets; a subject of attention by such best-selling authors as Robert Spencer and Brigitte Gabriel; and the centerpiece of a documentary by Christian Action Network.

But much has changed within this 70 acre Islamic settlement that is located in the dense forest between the small rural villages of Deposit and Hancock in upper New York State.

The sentry post is gone and no guards are in sight...

Our sources have reported similar disappearances of young Muslim males from compounds and Islamic Centers across the United States and Canada.
Source

signature

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join