posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
Try: 35°31'6.47"N 114°53'28.15"W in Google Earth.
It is a FICTIONAL facility, but the place is on the map. JUST FOR FUN! How did I find it:
1. Watch the movie at 32:55 to 33:05 - there is a map of Nevada with the Wildfire location (it is an Atomic Energy Commission Facilities Chart saying
the entire South Nevada is a "testing ground"!!??);
2. PrintScreen the paused movie;
3. Open the image in InrfanView: crop Nevada map, sharpen, edge detect;
4. Open Google Earth: search for "Flatrock Crossing Way, Nevada", go South border of Nevada State (border lines activated, add image overlay (edge
detect image one), and make size and rotation adjustments up to image edges match the Nevada borders;
5. In GE: Pin the center of big spot (Wildfire): it is 35°31'6.47"N 114°53'28.15"W (also add polygon around the spot, it is the probable area
6. In GE: unselect the edge detect image, go closer to the pin, and look around inside of the polygon: there are few facilties in 35°31'10.08"N
114°53'3.32"W (it is the probable Department of Agriculture facility just above the Wildfire!!??), pin and add polygon around.
It just for fun!!! Please do not disturb the peacefull South Nevada farmers about it!!!
Few interesting things:
- Wildfire is fictional but I suppose Atomic Energy Commission Facilities Chart saying the entire South Nevada is a "testing ground" is a real
- There is a small spot on the map, southwest from Wildfire ( 35°28'1.23"N 114°55'6.98"W). It is a small town of Searchlight, it is real and
there is casino there if you like it.
- Look around the Dept. of Agriculture faciltiy: watch the movie, check the two scientists in a car get a small road (at right of the main road)
before they get. There is a turnabout at south of the facility in GE with a road leading to the facility;
- In the same area: there is a modern building at northeast of the facility ( 35°31'13.95"N 114°52'51.12"W) I dont know what it is;