It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence backs the idea of Universe = Hologram

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jawsismyfish
reply to post by oozyism

I think your avatar changed three times during the time it took me to read this thread..or I just imagined it. Either way they were all cool.

I tend to agree with your idea that nothing is impossible - it's just a question of perspective, scale, and time. Probability dictates than nothing is absolute if given enough time.

Somebody threw out something earlier in the thread about atoms and angels. After reading a book by Jeremy Narby, The Cosmic Serpent, I think atoms very well could be thought of as spirits.

Nice thread.

Thanks

I try to keep it interesting, as if ATS as a whole isn't interesting enough lol

but this is just a thought, just like when you get to a stage when you start checking out girls, I'm in a stage of my life where I just want to see the bigger picture instead of little blurry ones..

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Now if there were evidence of such aliens and us being nothing more than their silly MMORPG

Evidence? Isn't us being here enough evidence? Isn't the proliferation of our consciousness enough evidence? Sometimes you have to connect the dots to see the bigger picture rather then trying comprehend the absolute truth before making a conclusion.

Thanks for your thoughts

No, it's not enough evidence. That's lazy logic. I might as well say that the world exists because my dog willed it so, and since the world exists, then clearly my dog is responsible.

Show me the aliens. Then we'll get somewhere.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

No, it's not enough evidence. That's lazy logic. I might as well say that the world exists because my dog willed it so, and since the world exists, then clearly my dog is responsible.

You show me gravity then we'll get somewhere. Logic tells us that gravity exists due to its effect, not because we have seen it. It is lazy logic that states gravity exists, why it exists is much harder to prove, which takes much more time and effort. So for you to regard my ideas as lazy logic is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Very interesting topic, the ideas thrown out there are worth taking into considration.
I'm a fan of the holographic universe theory. I still have no idea if something else creates it or if we as a collective conciousness with nothing better to do has created it just to play to pass away the boredom and emptiness of the place we are in naturally. Sort of like being addicted to a game, the best thing about a collective conciousness creating it, is it doesn't need to have any physical reality to exist or a physical body to exist just the basic"I think therefore I am".

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

You show me gravity then we'll get somewhere. Logic tells us that gravity exists due to its effect, not because we have seen it. It is lazy logic that states gravity exists, why it exists is much harder to prove, which takes much more time and effort. So for you to regard my ideas as lazy logic is beyond me.

Gravity is actually what we call the effect. We're not exactly sure how the effect really works, but it's a measurable effect, constant throughout every corner of the universe we've been able to observe. Nowhere does gravity behave in a way we would not expect it to. Same with other invisible forces such as inertia.

It's not lazy logic. Pick up something on your desk. Let go. That's gravity. Any object you choose will fall according to the exact same mathematical formula, every single time. You are witnessing gravity. You obviously don't understand gravity, but even so, you can still see it in action. It's observable.

Now. Show me the alien overlords you're advocating here, man. I can show you gravity. i can show you inertia. The least you could do is show me the alien masterminds who think having us argue at each other about them is a fantastic thing to set into motion.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Now. Show me the alien overlords you're advocating here, man. I can show you gravity. i can show you inertia. The least you could do is show me the alien masterminds who think having us argue at each other about them is a fantastic thing to set into motion.

No you can't show me gravity, you can show me the effects of gravity. I can't show you the Alien overlords/masterminds, but I have shown you its effects.

I have shown you the effect in the OP, read it again and do a rebuttal if you may.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

There are multiple Universes. The way that the Universes is made up is for reasoning all in its own only known by the creator. The way you view God and heaven is close to what the reality of it actually is and why it is. And why certain things are made and how they are created and why. I could go forever on the truths but, it's not worth it. If you would like to know then well I don't know, if I should share this secret which so many souls have longed for. There are rules to everything and reasons onto why they are there.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone threw this in the mix yet but.
Lets say this is all a hologram would you be willing to accept a vivid thought created in the Mind of a Creator? Held together by say a force we call gravity which could just be the thoughts holding it all together. I guess we won't know for a while but my two cents =)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I remembered a "past life" until I was about the age of 8 or 9...NO "mesmerism" needed.....however....this "memory" never convinced me that there is any kind of "life" after death.......( am currently in my mid 40's and certainly HOPE there is something after this life!).....but I believe it best, (for me, anyhow) to live my life as if THIS is the only one I gots.....

ciao for now, ya'll

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Very interesting. But what Im wondering now is this : dont holograms require a projector ?

Wanted to answer this before I finish a read on the thread...

If you consider light from a source, like the sun, that beams down and bounces off a wall on Earth, and it is reflected into the eyes of a human/creature, then it could be considered a hologram.

You see the reflection and not the object itself.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Now have a think, why do we have the ability to manipulate the universe. Maybe just maybe we are software engineers, but engineering the Universe. Needs more thinking and more thinking will be done in my parts. I will add my thoughts on this subject frequently in this thread.

The attempts to introduce people to the concept of "reality" that is encompassed by "virtual reality" is can be quite hard. As you can see by my other thread, it kept being derailed by the famous 'science vs. intelligent design vs. religion' attackers, which I stated was off-topic:

Unlock the Zodiac Chakras in DNA

So someone says the physical universe had to exist first before computers, yet that clearly isn't the point. The point is to consider that computers existed before the physical universe. I didn't state it directly in that thread, yet it still pretty clear of what discussion I wanted to exclude.

I bring this up here due to being able to gather thought and being able to actually discuss the reality from a perspective of being the software engineer of it all.

I'm heavily into the Ag-Biotech field, and the virtual reality aspect is mandatory. To beat around the bush and wait for some decision between evolution/creationism is not needed. The origins are virtual. The holograms is one step to prove the this.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
The attempts to introduce people to the concept of "reality" that is encompassed by "virtual reality" is can be quite hard. As you can see by my other thread, it kept being derailed by the famous 'science vs. intelligent design vs. religion' attackers, which I stated was off-topic:

Unlock the Zodiac Chakras in DNA

So someone says the physical universe had to exist first before computers, yet that clearly isn't the point. The point is to consider that computers existed before the physical universe. I didn't state it directly in that thread, yet it still pretty clear of what discussion I wanted to exclude.

Not enough that you lie about me to my face, you have to go and do it in other threads as well? Real mature, dzonatas.

I did not attack religion or intelligent design. I simply asked for evidence of your claims. I did not say anything about the physical universe having to exist before computers (though that should be pretty self-evident). I just asked for evidence of your claims.
I can't read your mind. If you want something to be a part of the conversation, say it. Don't expect others to suddenly develop telepathy and then get mad when they don't. And especially don't put them on your ignore list and then go lie about them in another thread.

Anyway, as for this topic:

Originally posted by spaz490
Not sure if anyone threw this in the mix yet but.
Lets say this is all a hologram would you be willing to accept a vivid thought created in the Mind of a Creator? Held together by say a force we call gravity which could just be the thoughts holding it all together. I guess we won't know for a while but my two cents =)

How would this claim be tested? What measurable effect would it have?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Picture this through the online game RuneScape, if is free andd can be played at: runescape.com

To put it in a diagram:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cfc575e67e4.gif[/atsimg]

Simply put:
C1. the original reality, the original Universe, the true Universe, where the true consciousness resides.

C2. (C2) and (C3) can't be proven to exist, so they should simply be the (....), there could be thousands of characters between C4 and C1, we just don't know until we do, but we will know that Characters that will come after C4, hence RuneScape.

C3. Same as (C2), we just don't know.

C4. Human beings, and the Universe we reside on.

C5. RuneScape Character, and the RuneScape Universe.

The original Consciousness can see the whole, everything, but we can't, we can only see (C5), (C6), (C7).... it could go up to infinite..

Hope you understand what I'm saying here, just so I don't loose this amongst the thousands of posts I will post this effort on my profile also for future reference

[edit on 3-9-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I knew you going're into something else, the moment you post that image from your other thread.

But your idea is not new. MMORPG and Virtual Reality based movies such as Matrix have been around for some time. We have better medium of virtual reality today such as 3D TV Medium.

Runescape is already outdated.

Your idea of hologram universe conflict with many studies which have been theorized, improvised, accepted and practiced over long time. Hologram universe render many matter principles useless because they're not actual matter in the sense of your virtual reality. Still your concept of consciousness is evidently flaw. Your theory imply that C5 must within C4, C4 must within C3, etc... However, if C5 is virtual reality to C4 then what is dream? We know dream is projected from sleep which must be within C4 boundary. But dream is not C5 because C5 ( Runescape ) is simulated from another entity which is computer. Therefore within C4, human consciousness must be more than one realm/dimension of consciousness.

Reborn is speculation at best. Testimony from 0.0000001% of world children population is hardly plausible to account evidence as past life. Yes I'm fully aware of such phenomenon. Strange, indeed. However, 99.99999% children do not have 'past' life experience. Every single newborn to children has to start from basic instinct of survival to walking to communicating. That's include the one allegedly having 'past' life experience. It still leave me a lot of questions and amazement as how this special children don't have any memory of simple everyday 'past' life experience such as talking or even vocalizing 'da da' or 'ma ma' sound right after they are born.

Anyway, I applaud you for your bravery to come forth with something different. Perhaps, we might get some inspiration from your thread content to formulate new or better theories.

Thanks.

EDIT : Grammar

[edit on 3-9-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow
I knew you going're into something else, the moment you post that image from your other thread.

Well got to advance rather than freeze myself

But your idea is not new. MMORPG and Virtual Reality based movies such as Matrix have been around for some time. We have better medium of virtual reality today such as 3D TV Medium.

I never understood matrix lol, I just like their cool powers and the action.. Who wouldn't want the ability to jump from building to building, and die then come back to life..

Runescape is already outdated.

Yeah true, but it was meant to be for those who have never played online games before, since RuneScape is free, they can play it, even for half an hour and get glimpse of what the future holds, when we completely merge, when we can't tell the difference between reality and virtual reality.

You're idea of universe conflict with many studies which have been theorized, improvised, accepted and practiced over long time. Hologram universe render many matter principles useless because they're not actual matter in the sense of your virtual reality. Still your concept of consciousness is evidently flaw. Your theory is based C5 must within C4, C4 must with C3, etc...

The diagram is over simplified, I thought about that also, but as you can see, the diagram was meant to make it easier to explain not harder. I could have taken each game as a separate Universe within this Universe, therefore C5 would contain in it, RuneScape, World of Warcraft, Maple Stories etc..

However, if C5 is virtual reality to C4 then what is dream? We know dream projected from sleep which must be within C4 boundary. But dream is not C5 because C5 ( Runescape ) is simulated from another entity which is computer. Therefore within C4, human consciousness must be more than one realm/dimension of consciousness.

Yes, it is true, it is more than one realm, just like there is Multiple realms within C5, hence RuneScape and World Of Warcraft.

Reborn is speculation at best. Testimony from 0.0000001% of world children population is hardly plausible to account evidence as past life. Yes I'm fully aware of such phenomenon. Strange, indeed. However, 99.99999% children do not have 'past' life experience. Every single newborn to children has to start from basic instinct of survival to walking to communicating. That's include the one allegedly having 'past' life experience.

Yes they have to learn walking etc etc, not because they lack the ability, but because of their Character. For example, you create a Character in RuneScape, you get to level 50, you have experienced much, with that experience you can do a lot, you can get to certain places, you can run faster than low experienced characters, you can kill faster, you have all these skills etc. Now you want to create a new Character, although you have already experience RuneScape life up to level 50, you will not be able to do all the things the level 50 Character allowed you to do.

I hope the above large paragraph makes sense

It still leave me a lot of questions and amazement as how this special children don't have any memory of simple everyday 'past' life experience such as talking or even vocalizing 'da da' or 'ma ma' sound right after they are born.

Well you can compare that also to a game character, or you can try being in a 2 year old child and see if you can talk your experiences of past life.

Anyway, I applaud you for your bravery to come forth with something different. Perhaps, we might get some inspiration from your thread content to formulate new or better theories.

Thanks.

EDIT : Grammar

I'm one of those people who just have to be entertained, or I will end up entertaining myself

Thanks

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If people still read books, you'd know that these ideas, all of them, are between 300 and 2500 years old, and that's merely within the European tradition.

What the OP is talking about the the philosophical argument for
Idealism This is the broad group of theories which argue that reality is not primarily a physical space filled with material objects. The concept has an ancient pedigree, and there are a number of streams withing this world-view.

Immanuel Kant labeled the various types of idealism, and most of his labels have stuck for the past 200 years.

What the OP is talking about has been called Subjective Idealism It's early major proponent in European Enlightenment Culture was a dude named George Berkely, who, even though he was a christian (and a bishop at that!) was considered fairly smart.

In his spare time he improved on the calculus that had recently been invented by a dude named Newton. Berkeley thought people should invest in that America that was being founded, and people were so impressed that they named a town in California for him, and a university too.

Berkeley wrote a book once, which goes unread today; even though it rocked the universities at the time. It was called Treatise Concerning Principles of Human Knowledge, and caused a huge furor.

Books were useful things, way back when. They kept people from thinking they were innovators, when in fact they were simply ignorant of the history of ideas.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I believe he is talking about "gravitons", which are the theoretical force-carrying particle of gravity. These have not yet been proven, as the current focus is on proving the existence of the Higgs Boson, which is the theoretical particle that gives everything mass. They are due to prove or disprove it within the next 2-5 years, after which they will probably increase efforts to detect and prove the existence of the graviton, at which time you will be able to "show" someone gravity

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes they have to learn walking etc etc, not because they lack the ability, but because of their Character. For example, you create a Character in RuneScape, you get to level 50, you have experienced much, with that experience you can do a lot, you can get to certain places, you can run faster than low experienced characters, you can kill faster, you have all these skills etc. Now you want to create a new Character, although you have already experience RuneScape life up to level 50, you will not be able to do all the things the level 50 Character allowed you to do.

I hope the above large paragraph makes sense

Precisely. We begin level 1 character with 0 experience. Our experience is only valid with current character. Your previous lvl 50 character experience does not and can not be programmed or lawfully transferred to your new lvl 1 character because it will affect the character development. Else you could be cheating either through hacking or bug exploiting.

Of course you can use your experience as your human consciousness( C4 ) who play previous ( deceased ) Runescape character ( C5 ) with other runescape characters ( C5 ) but to do this your new Runescape character must aware that you exist in both C5 and C4 so the knowledges could be passed along between 2 different dimension or universe. The problem is who is our being at C3 or higher consciousness that could store our current experience and act as intermediary?
How do we aware of our self in higher universe?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

The problem is who is our being at C3 or higher consciousness that could store our current experience and act as intermediary?
How do we aware of our self in higher universe?

That is the hard part to solve and needs a lot of thinking.

If you think about it, it would lead you to a dead end. Some people talk about meditation blablabla, I haven't deeply thought about it that far yet, and I will surely do, I'm sure there is an easier solution than meditation.

Going this far, since we both have agreements and understanding of the concept, now it is time to look at the hardware and software architecture to find a solution.

Think about client-server system architecture. Each server represents a Universe, hence you can have multiple copies of RuneScape by using different servers. Clients connect to different server, simply each server is a separate Universe, but all contain the exact same copy of RuneScape.

Depending on the number of players and the system architecture, an MMORPG might actually be run on multiple separate servers, each representing an independent world, where players from one server cannot interact with those from another; World of Warcraft is a prominent ...

example, with each separate server housing several thousand players. In many MMORPGs the number of players in one world is often limited to around a few thousand, but a notable example of the opposite is EVE Online which accommodates several hundred thousand players on the ...

same server, with over 60,000 playing simultaneously (June 2010[9]) at certain times. Some games allow characters to appear on any world, but not simultaneously (such as Seal Online: Evolution), others limit each character to the world in which it was created. World of Warcraft has, however, experimented with "cross-realm" (i.e. cross-server) interaction in PvP battlegrounds, using server clusters or "battlegroups" to co-ordinate....

players looking to participate in structured PvP content such as the Warsong Gulch or Alterac Valley battlegrounds.[10] Additionally, in the recent patch 3.3, released on December 8, 2009, introduced a cross-realm "looking for group" system to help players form groups for instanced content (though not for open-world questing) from a larger pool of characters than their home server can necessarily provide

All of the above have already been theorized, and movies have been created in regards, hence people jumping from one realm to another etc..

How can we aware ourselves with our higher consciousness? I think we need to fully merge with virtual reality in order to find out. Think about this, if we manage to create a drug which blocks certain memory, therefore allowing us to experience virtual reality as reality, then we can observe that person and find out whether he is capable of finding out about his higher self.

I personally think that the creator has intentionally blocked us from being aware of our higher consciousness. If that is true then only glitches and cheats can help us break through, that is why I talked about the past life phenomena and how no one can understand what it is, what it means, and can't even empirically prove it because it is beyond this realm..

The above paragraph is only my current belief, I'm still thinking and theorizing and trying to figure out if there is a possibility. Our understand of virtual reality, the hardware and software part can help us with a breakthrough.

I'm currently doing the research in regards and will get back ..

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hmmm i thought the hologram meant that right at the edge of the universe there is a 2d plane of sorts, the universe and everything in it is just a projection of this 2d plane....
Meh not science minded, sounds interesting though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join