It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Survey in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My wife recieved a phone call at home today, it was from a survey company asking the following.
The first question was "How do you feel that President Obama has helped the global economy."

It was an automated message and after the first one the second was "How much more is Obama doing more to help your local economy than your local government?"

She hung up at that point and was creaped out because we live in southern Alberta so it seemed a weird survey to ask here vs. the US.

Does anyone know who is running the survey? The questions seem slanted. I searched google and yahoo and find no reference to any survey. I wonder if someone put the wrong area code into the autodialer machine

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Do you know what phone number it was?

That might help. Or was it Absent Number, or UnKnown Number.

Aholes please tell me, obama hasn't taken over the telemarketing business!

Woah is me.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It was an all zero's number. I suspect it was some third party group or it could be the NDP trying to get votes by riding Obama's coat tales.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have been receiving calls now for weeks that are recorded messages saying something to the effect of;
This is a call to let you know that president obama passed an initiative to help with the growing (insert sales pitch here;health care,foreclosure,credit card rates...etc)you can opt out at ............and I always opt out.I never ever received calls like this when Bush was in office.obama is a shill!I never received one like your wife did,that seems even more shady than the rest.Did you ever find out any more about it?

[edit on 26-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Do you use 780 for your area code? I've been getting lots of calls over the past year from weird places, like Texas, Idaho, Illinois, and Utah. I never answer them, they show up blatantly on caller ID as "Illinois" or "Texas" with area codes I don't know at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Oh thats unreal. The Global Ecomomy?
He needs to give up on it already. He is just not popular enough, I dont see he has a future in politics unless something changes. Oh...maybe he can move on to the United Nations?
edit on 13-10-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

seriously? you live in canada and your getting survey by the left aka democrats?

now we know who they been calling to get their polls results...............

i apologiize on behalf of that group in america someone needs to............

talk about the lefts desperation..

edit on 13-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's an automated survey from 3rd party survey companies.

It's not dem's or NDP.

It's probably the same company that the dem's are using to poll American's, but Canadian numbers are in their systems (3rd parties) as well.

Our numbers are in the systems because it is cheap and dirty way around the "Do Not Call" list we have in Canada. So companies advertising up here get US, and other, ad/call companies to call.

I get them from the US all the time too, they also come regularly from India and some place in Asia.

Edit to add, forgot to tie this into the post topic
edit on 13-10-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
My wife recieved a phone call at home today, it was from a survey company asking the following.
The first question was "How do you feel that President Obama has helped the global economy."

It was an automated message and after the first one the second was "How much more is Obama doing more to help your local economy than your local government?"

She hung up at that point and was creaped out because we live in southern Alberta so it seemed a weird survey to ask here vs. the US.

Does anyone know who is running the survey? The questions seem slanted. I searched google and yahoo and find no reference to any survey. I wonder if someone put the wrong area code into the autodialer machine

Probably Obama's staff. They may be looking for a new place for him to go to work when he loses the next election. Then he could be Canada's president...lol

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I think your right there! Thats funny!

Exile, I am not wishing it on you man!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'm all for Obama coming to Canada, but not even as president of the Lions Club.

However...

Quite a few of our daycare facilities are in desperate need of help. Perhaps Obama could apply there.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmazingK

Nope 403

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What's less funny is that I have 2 cell phones. The main one is for work and personel stuff the second one I have to get permission to shut off. If it rings I know I'm packing a suitcase because something bad happened at one of works facilities. In the last week I have had 10 calls on that phone, all but one where idiots calling to suggest I vote for X canidate in the florida governors election Nov 2. I politely tell them what the phone is for and to stop calling me and then I remind them that 8am in florida is 6am in Alberta. Each time it's a different number and a different canidate.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think maybe they be calling Canada to survey all the slaves,vietnam vets and the latest influx of Iraq and Afghanistan deserters.....and we know that canada is being taken over by the Elitist influences running ramped throughout the western world....
but don't worry after Israel Canada can become the 52 state and then britian can become the 53rd.
then the surveys will be legit....

but really the 35+ million votes in canada is not going to get him re-elected now is it.
I think if i was living back home in Canada i would just answer the survey to run the numbers amok

edit on 043131p://f18Wednesday by plube because: speeeeeel

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yeah he seems good at that kind of thing...organizing, rallys, childrens choirs.

Personally, I think this last gig he did tainted him. He should have stuck to Chicago politics.

top topics

join