It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Peace" protest in NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They also don't think of the hundreds, sometimes thousands killed by Saddam for stupid little things. Do they know about Saddam gasses his own people? Do they know about Saddam executing someone for tearing up a newspaper with his picture on it? For making a joke about him? For holding rallies? If they held a rally in Iraq they would have all been executed on the spot.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of war, because of all the death involved. But, it looks like the only way to make things better would be to take total control of Iraq and build it back, from the ground up. We need to weed out all the extreamists, because it is them who are causing trouble on a global scale.

Like I said, I don't like the idea of war, but it looks like our only option. I don't see another way out.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree that the protesters should protest whatever they want. It's their right as american citizens. But once these protest start getting violent then I have a problem with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Absolutely... the protesters had extended way beyond the zone defined by their permit and were not listen to directives to try and get them to go back.

bull bull bull... most of the protesters were pussies who just wanted to call bush an idiot without getting arrested. and i have no doubt you only saw what you wanted to see when you saw the protests, because i was there all day and i didnt see any smoke bombs. and hey.... protesting IS what democracy looks like! just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean their anti-american. some of these people were better patriots then you'll ever be, dont try disenfranchise their cause by skewing facts and making peaceniks look like a bunch of anarchists

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join