It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Homeland Security building pricetag...$3.4 BILLION DOLALRS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Ground broken on $3.4 billion Homeland Security complex

Washington notables broke ground on the future home of the Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday, symbolically starting construction on the biggest federal building project in the Washington area since the Pentagon 68 years ago.

The project will bring together more than 15,000 employees now scattered in 35 offices in the region, placing them on a 176-acre campus strewn with historic buildings in a long-neglected corner of Washington, five miles from the Capitol building.

Department leaders hope the $3.4 billion consolidation will help the department fulfill its core mission -- protecting the homeland -- in ways big and small.

"It will help us hold meetings," Secretary Janet Napolitano said. "It will help us build that culture of 'One DHS.'"

Full story here: www.cnn.com...

It's costing $3.4 billion dollars for the DHS complex?
Have they no shame?
Meanwhile millions will be starving again tonight.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think it's time that we focus more on the DHS.

It's one of the largest departments with over 200,000 employees, and it incorporated 22 government agencies when it came into action.

Begin to wonder how much money and problems it causes for all of these people to meet and get together, to work together?

A complex for them is not asking too much.

Nothing can make you happy, huh, Warren?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It is in the ghetto, too. Local leaders in the area were rejoicing at how they think the renovation will bring in people to buy housing in the area, shop at stores, and eat at local restaurants, buy the area really isn't safe to be out and about in at any time of day. I imagine the employees will eat on campus, and live in the suburbs.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's still over a billion dollars cheaper than the Denver International Airport.

Of course with budgets measured in the trillions, who the hell has the time to bat an eyelash at a measly 3.4 BILLION dollars to build one building.

Our government has no accountability.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
3.4 billion is the price for the shovels when they broke ground.

The total price will not be known until it is totally complete.

Never trust the governments first estimate.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Great post warrenb, the real trick for People to realize is the building will not cost 3.4 billion dollars.

This is another example of deception, and subversion. There is no doubt of black ops existing, but there is mucho talk about the DUMBs, and other installations like the space station being built up; all for undisclosed reasons.

I will go on the proverbial "nut wagon", and state that about 3 billion of the DHS price tag will go into DUMBs(deep underground military bases, or as I see it cities for the escape of the elites), space station, and just simple black ops.

Yes, I am not the only one who has noticed the space station being built up for no apparent reason. I think it is to house some of the major elite families during times of calamity.

S&F

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

$3.4 billion isn't that expensive, if you are familiar with the condition of the campus there. It has been neglected for decades.
Just for reference- A little expansion at the local university was $500 million. A new high school here costs $100 million. The Woodrow Wilson bridge expansion was something like $2.5 billion. Contractors here charge a 'luxury' tax.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Great post warrenb, the real trick for People to realize is the building will not cost 3.4 billion dollars

You know it, the building itself will cost a fraction of that, but all that money is going to vanish into the black budget.

No oversight and no accountability.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
And once again, this is for the Department of Homeland Security.

A Department that has 200,000 employees, 22 government agencies within it, and not one centralized location.

This is a problem...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Not much of a problem let the agencies go back the way they were and disband the DHS and the Patriot act. And there is no need for a new building.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What about they dismantle the whole organisation to begin with?

Homeland security is a joke.

IF they were really worried about Homeland Security, they would secure the mexico-us border.

Ect...and the FBI is already doing their job. Homeland Security is just a bunch of goons, trying to create a reason they need to exist by saying that the terrorist threat is big, which is utter BS.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
I think it's time that we focus more on the DHS.

It's one of the largest departments with over 200,000 employees, and it incorporated 22 government agencies when it came into action.

Begin to wonder how much money and problems it causes for all of these people to meet and get together, to work together?

A complex for them is not asking too much.

Its challenging for me understand that 22 agencies of the united states government filled with some of the most talented folks working together to keep its citizens and country safe from its enemies

would be so riddled with serious problems that it would need another agency to come in and babysit

i think darstormcrow has a valid point

*EDIT* DarkStormCrow

[edit on 10-9-2009 by overide]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by warrenb

Great post warrenb, the real trick for People to realize is the building will not cost 3.4 billion dollars.

This is another example of deception, and subversion. There is no doubt of black ops existing, but there is mucho talk about the DUMBs, and other installations like the space station being built up; all for undisclosed reasons.

AAhh you beat me too it . That was my first thought also was a DUMB. I don't know why people don't beleive they exisit. The Airforce has a nice tunneling maching we haven't heard from since 1983.

top topics

join