It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracks in the Obamacare Facade: One-third of "Uninsured Americans" Disappear in One Day!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Woah, slow down, princess.

I'm not against anyone going to the emergency room. That's a right everyone has.

What I am against is people who are healthy and refuse to get health care coverage because they just don't want to spend money on it.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I am against people who are UNABLE TO PAY FOR IT.

This was in reference to people who just refuse to get it outright.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Mak Manto

I'm against idiots not having insurance.

Then I guess it's safe to say you have yours?

Does your mom know you're using her computer?

jw

I have my own insurance. I've never been truly ill in my life, but if it ever comes to a time that I have an emergency, I have insurance to work with.

Can you say the same?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What I am against is people who are healthy and refuse to get health care coverage because they just don't want to spend money on it.

I refuse. Should I not have that liberty?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm against idiots not having insurance.

I have my own insurance. I have insurance to work with.

Well, that answers my question, doesn't it?

Can you say the same?

NOYFB! But, I'll say this. No insurance company and no government will EVER tell me what health care is best for me and my family or who to pay or how much they should be paid.

I've worked for insurance companies. I've worked against insurance companies. I've worked for government. I've worked against government. I've earned a very good living from each, but better when I've worked "against."

I know what the rules are, and they know that I know.

When you know where things stand, you have much more power than you seem to think.

(Anyone can do this, if they want and make some effort by the way.)

Deny ignorance.

jw

link   
reply to post by jdub297

The figure comes after the fact that obviously those that are already on government run insurance like Medicare and Medicaid will still be in that public insurance I guess he will not stop the leaching of Americas pay check with those two entitlement bills, that is how the governemnt will ensure that the small 10 percent of none workers get their health care..

If he is thinking that this will be the public option for those that are no working or very needy that is call deceptions.

He can only make health care mandatory to those that he can tag with the IRS, example every person that file taxes in a year.

If you are no working you do not file taxes so you are not counted.

Tricky.

link   
double post

[edit on 10-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No insurance company and no government will EVER tell me what health care is best for me and my family or who to pay or how much they should be paid.

Exactly, you can chose what coverage you want and you can chose which plan.

BTW the insurance company dictates how much everyone pays already, now you have a little more option. Limo or TAXI - MTA or your own car

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

And if people do not want to participate in a "plan"? Do what you want with "health care reform" but this is supposed to be a free society and we all should have the ability to not participate in a "plan" if we choose.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by stevegmu

Don't take offense at my sarcasm. I'm from Texas, where illegals make up over 20% of the population and 25% of the workforce.

You are right about freedom of choice going out the window.

30% of the 'uninsured' are 19 to 29 and don't want too pay for insurance.
25% can afford it, by pay as they go. or save in a medical savings account for ordinary care.
20% are illegal aliens or eligible for government programs that they don't use.

These figures come from the Census Bureau and other studies. I've cited them and the sources in other threads.

jw

So what you are saying is 12 million Americans can really use a healthcare program, but then how many out of that 12 million don't even want to work much less care about health insurance?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

If you don't participate and are a tax payer and file for taxes the government with the help of the IRS will come penalizing you and taking your money.

Think car insurance sales, that is what this heath care reform rammed up our butts is going to be, if you are poor or needy is not way in hell you will be "Driving a limo".

Now that insurance will be obligatory well just like car insurance look the options you go now, lucky you if you get what you need.

But as usual as long as you got insurance the government will turn their face the other way and the gouging and corruption will still be rampant, and you can no get away from it because is mandatory.

Just think about hat, MANDATORY.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I would say that you shouldn't need health care insurance if I knew that if you got sick, it wouldn't mean money of the people's pockets.

The thing is, though, if you don't have insurance, and you need to go to the emergency room, you will.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

BTW the insurance company dictates how much everyone pays already, now you have a little more option.

No. You already have more power than that, regardless of the coverage you choose, IF ANY. If you know your policy (if you have one) and you know your provider, you have much more control than you think.

Limo or TAXI - MTA or your own car

But, what if you could tell the MTA driver when to come by, and where to take you? You underestimate the power of control you have, even when it appears that others have made the choice for you.

The system thrives on people who don't ask questions, don't speak up.
When you can do BOTH, funny things can happen!

I've worked for insurance. I've worked against insurance. I've worked for government. I've worked against government.

Against ALWAYS works and pays better.

jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So you are not in support of people being forced to have to pay for peoples' health care but you are in support of people being forced to have to pay an insurance company who takes a huge chunk of profit and then ultimately pays for peoples' health care.

At least under the current taxation for emergency health care profits aren't kept by those collecting the funds. I have trouble buying the logic that it will be cheaper when we add profit to the equation.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Oh, but somebody is profiting my friend, big pharma, remember Bush Medicare reform and the free give away and pact he made with big pharma for the so call Plan A and B, look what is going with the elderly in the nation.

Corruption runs rampant when it comes to Medicare.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

So what you are saying is 12 million Americans can really use a healthcare program, but then how many out of that 12 million don't even want to work much less care about health insurance?

Actually, 12 million is an exaggeration. There's probably 7 million people who actually do not have access to health care. They may work, but for an employer who doesn't provide insurance. Or they have income too high for public assistance but not high enough to afford their own coverage.

There IS a need for a "sagety net." Government (us, you know) and employers and insurance should take care of catastrophic and basic care for those who can't afford it.

But do we need to destroy everyone else's options to help out the few?

jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You already made your words known to the world. You are afraid you are going to spend two cents out of your pocket so that someone might live or be relieved of pain or disfigurement; what a heartless soul you are.

Probably most of those people coming into the emergency room work harder for their money than you do. Your life is worth no more than anyone else's life.

You may be in good health now, but when you finally get out of the diaper stage and have to do hard labor like most other people have to do for a living then there is no guarantee your health will stay the same. If your health should drop off and suddenly you can't pay the bills, then you should deserve less than others?

Millions of people are in debt and have to use credit cards because they don't have the money on them. I suspect you are a credit card carrier and user. If you didn't have that credit card and you didn't have the cash on you then you should go to debtors prison? You were probably one of the people the government bailed out because they couldn't pay their mortgage, but the government bailed them out.

IF you carry a credit card and use it then you are part of the problem why the government is in such a shape that it is in. Credit cards are the reason why this country is in such bad shape. Debit cards should be manditory and credit cards should be against the law.

Somehow people like you don't think ahead, you only think of how you can save a dime no matter how many people are disfigured, ill or dying.

IF there is a nuclear war in the near future what do you think is going to happen to your insurance policy? If you are hurt or your family members are hurt by a nuclear attack and your insurance company folds like millions of other businesses will fold, do you think they should let you and your family come into the emergency room without insurance?

IF the American government wants its citizens to pay taxes, then the American government should take care of its people.

The Military has robbed the Social Security funds for decades now and has never repaid anything that it has taken.

Stand up for every person, they should have the same rights and health care as anyone else. The President is no more important than a foreigner visiting, all should be well taken care of and then our society as a whole will be a whole lot better off.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Insurance companies do not stay in business by paying out claims or paying for anything. They make money by denying claims. They take your premium and then decide how much health care you can have without cutting into their profit.

Making it a law that everyone has insurance is a nice way to reach into their pocket and steal their money with impunity.

I'm a registered nurse and if there were a law saying you had to pay x number of dollars to me on the chance you might need the services of a nurse sometime in your life (highly probably, btw) and I got to decide how much care I would give you, would that be okay with everyone?

Of course if you start taking up too much of my time and cutting into the profit I'm making, it will no longer be in my best interest to ensure that you receive the care you need. Never mind the care you want.

This is a hypothetical and I always give the best care possible to my patients whether they have a negative wallet biopsy or not but the similarities remain.

Insurance for life, health, auto, home, whatever, is not a bad idea but it's a business and as such has it's own best interests at heart, not yours.

Making insurance mandatory is legalized thievery.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Exactly, millions of people are in debt, and millions of them are unable to get health care coverage because they don't have the money.

Under government-run care, that will be a thing of the past.

If you are unable to get insurance, you will be able to get government health care.

This is going to solve millions of peoples problems.

But, if you want to listen to the insurance lobbyists, be my guest, Russian.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh, but somebody is profiting my friend, big pharma...

Yes, but will the proposed health care reform eliminate big pharma's profit? I can't imagine it would. I guess the statement I should have made is that I don't see how it would be cheaper to add more profit to the equation. I understand that the medical industry is currently and will most likely continue to be for profit. I just assumed that was obvious.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

you are in support of people being forced to have to pay an insurance company who takes a huge chunk of profit and then ultimately pays for peoples' health care.

At least under the current taxation for emergency health care profits aren't kept by those collecting the funds. I have trouble buying the logic that it will be cheaper when we add profit to the equation.

Profit is already IN the equation!

First, let's understand something about profits.
Doctors expect to profit from their services. So do hospitals, and radiologists, and nurses, and janitors.

Do you work to give your boss money, or do you expect to "profit?"

Insurance companies DO NOT make "huge profits." Look for yourself.

Profit is what you get to keep after you pay all your expenses. Who gets the most? GOVERNMENT contractors! Surprise, surprise, surprise!

So, you expect the government to save money by paying others to service the poor?

Please explain.

jw

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join