It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracks in the Obamacare Facade: One-third of "Uninsured Americans" Disappear in One Day!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
All of the false pretenses are beginning to get exposed for what they are: fearmongering in support of government take-over of health insurance.

Did anyone notice that ONE-THIRD of the "uninsured Americans" have dosappeared in the last 24 hours?

Until today, all the obamacare proponents have been calling up the inflated figure of "47 million uninsured" (or 45, or 50).

Tonight, BHO 'promised that "the 30 million Americans without insurance" will be able to get it!

Actually, he said they would be REQUIRED to get it, but that doesn't matter, does it?

What other lies, exaggerations and misrepresentations will come out in the wash, now that Obama has thrown down the gauntlet.

Who's lying now, Obama?

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They were counting illegals in the 46-50 million estimates.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

First, "no human being" is illegal (ask any Progressive). You may be referring to foreign-born workers lacking legal documentation of their residence status (FWLLDTRSs).

Since the numbers were so bogus to begin with, it really doesn't matter who they dropped from the "equation."

The figures don't support scrutiny with or without illegal aliens.

(I also noticed that the total cost of reform has changed a bit as well.)

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

First, "no human being" is illegal (ask any Progressive). You may be referring to foreign-born workers lacking legal documentation of their residence status (FWLLDTRSs).

Since the numbers were so bogus to begin with, it really doesn't matter who they dropped from the "equation."

The figures don't support scrutiny with or without illegal aliens.

(I also noticed that the total cost of reform has changed a bit as well.)

Deny ignorance!

jw

I call them what they are. They also fail to mention those who don't have insurance by choice- either the wealthy, who would rather pay out of pocket, or those who simply feel then don't need it. I don't get sick, don't take any medication, and am self-employed, so have catastrophic insurance. I would be considered uninsured.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wonder if it would be cheaper for a healthy 25 year old person to
pay the penalty for not having insurance, than it would be for him/her
to buy the insurance? It's these kinds of details..the dollars and cents
stuff, that people want to know.

By the time the details are ironed out in the final bill, we the public
won't have the opportunity to review it. It will be delivered to the
President for signature at lightspeed. There will be MILLIONS of
angry Americans if this happens.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

My husband and I couldn't afford medical coverage at that age, then around that age he ended up in the hospital being diagnosed with diabetes. It ended up costing us thousands of dollars!!! Never think that you are healthy and do't need medical insurance. Even children have diseases, acidents and what-not. You cannot predict what may or may not happen. One accident and you could end up in the hospital for a long time and crippled. Please, take this into consideration.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I've seen Congressmen use different figures, ranging from $1,300 to $3,800 in today's dollars.

That's precisely why the largest group of the "uninsured Americans" are 19 to 29, (30% of the total) AND JUST DON'T WANT IT because they don't need it. Or think they don't. Most of them don't, as it turns out.

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Don't take offense at my sarcasm. I'm from Texas, where illegals make up over 20% of the population and 25% of the workforce.

You are right about freedom of choice going out the window.

30% of the 'uninsured' are 19 to 29 and don't want too pay for insurance.
25% can afford it, by pay as they go. or save in a medical savings account for ordinary care.
20% are illegal aliens or eligible for government programs that they don't use.

These figures come from the Census Bureau and other studies. I've cited them and the sources in other threads.

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
so they're not going to insure illegal immigrants,right?

and they;re going to cut costs by stopping costly emergency room visits,right?

well isn't it the illegals that go to the emergency room?

actually,whats going on is ,that the insurance companies are the only major businesses that are solvent. this bunch of thugs are trying to get the money they see passing by.

the last act of a dying regime is to loot the treasury on the way out the back door...how true

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Don't give the crap reason of "Well, he's a healthy 25 year old person, so he shouldn't need insurance."

If he goes to the emergency room, Care, WE PAY.

It's law that he has the right to go into the emergency room. So, think about it. Imagine all of the people who don't have health care, and if they go into an emergency room, that's money out of our pockets.

I don't care if he's healthy or not.

That'd be saying, "Well, I never had a car accident before! GUESS I DON'T NEED AUTO INSURANCE!"

It's a BAD IDEA.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0

and they;re going to cut costs by stopping costly emergency room visits,right?

actually,whats going on is ,that the insurance companies are the only major businesses that are solvent. this bunch of thugs are trying to get the money they see passing by.

the last act of a dying regime is to loot the treasury on the way out the back door...how true

Insurance and the emergency room are two different concepts.

An emergency room has to stop you from dying. It doesn't matter if you're in this country illegally (dumb word) or not.

You have to be saved.

Insurance, though, means you can get operations if you have a disease.

Let's say that an illegal immigrant walks into the hospital. Two of his fingers have been cut off.

Well, the hospital has to stop the bleeding or he'll die. Though, the fingers are not necessary to live.

Only insurance could save them.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0

Except that they won't be "illegal" once Obama grants them amnesty.

and they're going to cut costs by stopping costly emergency room visits,right?

That's what they've done in Japan. But here there won't be "costly visits" because the government will be running the hospitals and not paying the bills.

Or others who have an emergency or can't pay for a doctor or clinic visit or are too dumb too fill out an application for existing government assistance.

Insurance companies should be able to make a profit, but they should also be allowed to compete across state lines. Competition will force down costs of coverage.

They should also be required to fund a "catastrphic illness" pool of money for people who can't pay for serious illnesses and accidental injuries (smoking and jumping out of airplanes are not "accidents).

Sadly, these guys just got here. They've got lots of time for looting, and a head start.

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Don't give the crap reason of "Well, he's a healthy 25 year old person, so he shouldn't need insurance."

If he goes to the emergency room, Care, WE PAY.
I don't care if he's healthy or not.

That'd be saying, "Well, I never had a car accident before! GUESS I DON'T NEED AUTO INSURANCE!" It's a BAD IDEA.

She asked a question, she didn't advocate freedom of choice. It's obvious you are against it.

jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Crack No. 2?

Obama Misrepresents Insurance Case

This is the sad story of Mr. Otto Raddatz, a case that Mr. Obama has cited several times before, including in his August 16th editorial in the New York Times.

For the record, however, the case is not the way Mr. Obama has characterized it, at least according to the sworn testimony of Mr. Raddatz’s sister.

Despite Mr. Obama’s claims, Mr. Raddatz’s treatment was never delayed. And he did not die because of it.

Meanwhile, in this very same speech Mr. Obama accused others of misrepresenting the facts.

www.sweetness-light.com...

Prove this is not true, he lies.

Of course, Obama can count on the fact that the majority of people who hear him will not question his words or their veracity. They take it on faith. He's counting on his sheep to lead the flock.

No one has misrepresented the need for, or terms of, the pending healthcare bill as well as Barack Obama!

Deny ignorance.
jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I'm against idiots not having insurance.

People get sick, and like I said, if they go to the emergency room, it's money out of our pockets...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
I've seen Congressmen use different figures, ranging from $1,300 to $3,800 in today's dollars.

I wonder if they've stopped to think what $3,800 would do to someone trying to live on $8 or $9 an hour. What am I talking about. Its not like they care.

So what if they have to live in a tent? At least they'll have an insurance plan that they've been forced into.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I find it interesting that your avatar states "trading your liberty for our security". Usually people with such an avatar display it facetiously. However you seem to be in support of giving up our liberty of choosing not to support one of the most profitable corporate industries in exchange for perceived financial security.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Hi Mak Manto,

I'm against idiots that say "it's money out of our pockets" if the unisured go to the emergency room when they are ill.

People that spout crap like that makes someone like me wonder why I even think about saving thousands of pitiful self centered people like yourself that always spout off how it's money out of their pocket when some unisured person goes to the emergency room.

People are people, no matter what race, religion or amount of money they happen to have; they all deserve the same respect and health care as everyone else.

Everyone within each and every country does something to help that country and that country should take care of it's citizens. Individuals and businesses should not have to pay for health care if they are supporting their government, the government should pay for their health care.

People should be able to travel any where in the world and not have to worry about health care. Each and every government should take care of anybody within its borders whether they are a citizen or not. Respect everyone as if they are yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Then I guess it's safe to say you have yours?

Does your mom know you're using her computer?

jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

you seem to be in support of giving up our liberty of choosing not to support one of the most profitable corporate industries in exchange for perceived financial security.

Well put! I was a little more blunt in my frustration dealing with a lackey mentality that refuses to think for itself.

There is no good reason for ANY third party to make such decisions for us today.

Not insurance. Certainly not the biggest corporate money funnel ever envisioned (i.e., the U.S. government).

PATIENTS should have the final say in choice of provider, service provided and costs of service.

We are being robbed, and a different set of robbers wants to "save" us here.

I'm getting sick. Guess I'll call the W.H. and see what they think I should do.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

s4u

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join