It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care Reform...Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Of the top 20 spenders, for 2009 alone, in the lobbying 'business', 7 are either health care based or health insurance based. They combined for approximately $67,686,000. Do you really think the Senators and Congressmen receiving this money are going to pass a bill that will cost the lobbying firms anything? The answer is no. Every state has an insurance oversight board, yet people still think they are getting screwed by insurance companies.Why? Lobbyists.

Source: www.opensecrets.org...

Tort reform is another hot topic in health care reform. Think that 's gonna happen? Think again. 280 lobbyists for lawyers/law firms spent almost $10 million protecting their way of life, in 2009. Hell, most of Congress are lawyers themselves!

Source: www.opensecrets.org...

"For the first time ever in U.S. history, the candidates for president raised more than $1 billion."

source: www.opensecrets.org...

The political discussion about health care reform is only about politics and power. It always is. Its not about health care at all. If it was, they would not pretend to address all the problems in one sweeping bill, of over 1,000 pages. HR 3200 was presented, knowing it would never pass. Its authors knew it would confuse Americans and be fodder for political rhetoric.

If true reform is to ever occur, the problems will have to be addressed individually. The solutions will have to be easily understood, by all. And, most importantly, will have to be prepared by Americans and voted on by Americans. We will not allow the corrupt, hypocritical Washington elites to determine what is best for our physical well being. As the 'Right to Choose' groups say...Leave my body alone.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Crickets cricking in the wind.

Politics and power to continue for the next few months.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Isn't it just like the stimulus? Let's load it up and let 'er fly and see how far she can make it without changes being made. Hell let's throw in the most ridiculous items buried in there so deep it only requires one line in over 1000 page document. Typical politics.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Exactly! Politics = Subterfuge! Also revealed in the ludicrous Omnibus Spending Bill (Pork-o-rama). One of my Senators, Kay Bailey Hutchison, touted how she voted against it. She knew it would still pass, regardless of her Nay vote. That's why she loaded it with 113 earmarks with a total of $267,153,966. And, now she is going to use that to boost her run for Governor? The hypocrisy is astounding (and blatant).

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Well that's what politics has come too, if you can't fight it at least join it and spin it around so it works for you. Get the most out of it YOU can while you can right? It's amazing how the system is so subject to manipulation it makes me sick. Just shows where our taxpayer money goes when even members of the senate go against it - they just go with it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The silence is deafening isn't it. That's what I get for not choosing one side to attack, over the other.

That is very sad...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

i try to tell people this healthcare reform is just the same old us gettin screwed routine but apparently theres no way that could happen

i find it odd theres so little comments on here

it probably is cos you didnt attack the right or left
pathetic

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whateverponcho

Thanks for the reply. I was pretty surprised at the lack of interest, too. Oh well, so continues the status quo.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Leave my body alone, indeed! As endisnighe loves to often say; "Leave me the frell alone!" and as John Galt is famous for saying; "Get the hell out of the way!"

It is frustrating to hear so much politics discuss legislation of insurance schemes and call it health care. My understanding of health care is that this is first, and foremost, a private matter for every individual, and outside of that a specialty belonging to medical professionals. That so many today equate health care with a good insurance policy only illustrates, that a part of today's necessary health care would have to be mental health, since we seem to be helplessly and hopelessly insane, defining health care by the insurance policy we hold.

This is an issue that must be discussed at great length and looked at from every conceivable angle. I wish I had more time at this moment to begin such lengthy discussions, but time is not on my side today. I will revisit this thread when time permits and begin the arduous and laborious task of addressing such an overwhelming issue as health care, and the underwhelming attempts to reform the problems that come with modern medicine.

Thanks, WTFover for starting this thread, and pointing to a starting point where we might begin to address this problem. That being, the dollar amount spent on lobbying government versus the dollar amount spent on improving the situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Here is the link to my last thread on Health Care Reform, in which I offer some suggestions and solicit equitable solutions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join