It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I would not leave Afghanistan'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I highly recommend everyone read this. It is a true vision of what patriotism is.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Afghan journalist Sultan Munadi was killed today in the rescue effort today that freed British journalist Stephen Farrell. There have been cries that Afghani journalists are considered expendable in the past, and they are growing even louder in this instance.

Mr. Farrell himself said he was unsure which side fired the bullets that kill Munadi, but the he was yelling "journalist!" and the rescuers did not stop firing.

It's quite obvious this mission was about the westerner.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just bumping this story up for you Op, thanks for posting, and yes I agree it was not about the translator it was about the western journalist, however for the translator to be working with the infidels that would be a far worse sin than to have been born western.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Maybe NATO are starting to get their priorities right, after all NATO is a defence treaty to protect westerners whose country are part of NATO, not Afghans.

I don't think we can be responsible for every single Afghan life.

We'll never know whether this was one NATO should have been responsible for.

NATO was never meant as a nation building tool, dismantling road-side bombs etc, let the bloody Afghan army & police do that asap. Then really destroy the taliban this time, and then # off home.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Maybe NATO are starting to get their priorities right, after all NATO is a defence treaty to protect westerners whose country are part of NATO, not Afghans.

I don't think we can be responsible for every single Afghan life.

We'll never know whether this was one NATO should have been responsible for.

NATO was never meant as a nation building tool, dismantling road-side bombs etc, let the bloody Afghan army & police do that asap. Then really destroy the taliban this time, and then # off home.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by john124]

The only reason the Afghani was there was as a translator to the westerner. The westerner could not have reported anything without the afghani.

Let's not forget that.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well its real simple to find out who killed him. NATO uses 5.56 rounds and the insurgents use 7.62 rounds. I have seen enough CSI to know that an autopsy would reveal who in fact killed him. But I suppose he's just an Afghani so he doesn't matter.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
Well its real simple to find out who killed him. NATO uses 5.56 rounds and the insurgents use 7.62 rounds. I have seen enough CSI to know that an autopsy would reveal who in fact killed him. But I suppose he's just an Afghani so he doesn't matter.

There is no chance in hell that it would be released if it was found to be a NATO round. No chance in hell.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have to say, it is really quite sad to me that Alex Jones and the political bickering in this country are more important to people that actual human stories.

And we wonder why the world is in shambles....

new topics

top topics

join