It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mice Levitated in Lab

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It consists of a superconducting magnet that generates a field powerful enough to levitate the water inside living animals

*goes out on a limb of the crazy tree* Let's see- Water can be repelled by a magnetic force... and there's moisture everywhere, or at least the components (IE: O2)... so- what's stopping some bright spark from inventing a stable field of some sort that repels the moisture of the ground or a body of water? If it can be done with giant superconductors at NASA, I am pretty darn sure someone can do it for less and with less 'Tim Taylor' sized junk. Everything NASA does has to be overcomplicated within an inch of it's life. The key is finding something- (no, not sticking up for some crank) a certain frequency of radio waves- or even microwaves, or a combo... Bonus points for figuring out how to extract the energy from the reaction itself and use it to power the device/ or propel it as well...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Great thread, interesting experiment and fascinating discussion. Thanks guys. S&F.

You're all obviously know a lot more about this than me so forgive the ignorance. But it seems to me (blatant clumsy seque) that there's a running theme with UFO accounts, encounters, witness statements, and that is that these objects have no engine noise, nor exhaust system, and they seem to be able to float on air unaided when stationery. This would lead me to believe that EM propulsion systems ARE possible and it's just that we're too dumb at the moment to unravel the science. Of course there's a big 'if' in there about the existence of alien spacecraft, but I believe that any sufficiently educated and researched person will come to the conclusion that they do exist.

Interesting thoughts regarding the possible health side effects. It makes me think that with sufficiently advanced magnets one could turn the metals in our blood and bodies into a weapon against us.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have seen numerous threads with scientific breakthroughs and I can't help but to observe a pattern IMO.
While the research happens in the western institutions (mainly in America) I keep observing Asian, mainly Chinese names which are cited in the news regarding those breakthroughs, with every opportunity.

It actually kicked around and started to spin, and without friction, it could spin faster and faster, and we think that made it even more disoriented," said researcher Yuanming Liu, a physicist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena,

A plastic cage was also designed by physicist Da-Ming Zhu at the University of Missouri, Kansas City, to keep the mice in during levitation

www.livescience.com...

Is this by chance?
Is it intentional?
Is it a part of a ploy of directing cutting edge science from western institutions across to the East?
Who chooses these people for this kind of cutting edge research?
Who decides about which cutting edge scientific breakthroughs the public will take notice of, since there are probably numerous other achievements we never learn anything about?

Sorry if my questions come across as a bit weird but I am puzzled from these patterns.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

It consists of a superconducting magnet that generates a field powerful enough to levitate the water inside living animals

*goes out on a limb of the crazy tree* Let's see- Water can be repelled by a magnetic force... and there's moisture everywhere, or at least the components (IE: O2)... so- what's stopping some bright spark from inventing a stable field of some sort that repels the moisture of the ground or a body of water? If it can be done with giant superconductors at NASA, I am pretty darn sure someone can do it for less and with less 'Tim Taylor' sized junk. Everything NASA does has to be overcomplicated within an inch of it's life. The key is finding something- (no, not sticking up for some crank) a certain frequency of radio waves- or even microwaves, or a combo... Bonus points for figuring out how to extract the energy from the reaction itself and use it to power the device/ or propel it as well...

I was trying to figure out, (in terms of a theoretical perspective) a hypothesis about that UFOs might be using a way of micromanaging time and mater, in order to manipulate local space and create quantum singularities while planing a course in and out of our world. Chances are we are just a way point as they probably travel to their intended destinations. Moisture, could be the key element of such a mater micromanagement if it really happens. At least at my part of the world, if the levels of activity increase and most times its around start of December, that's the time of the year with the largest moisture levels measured in the physical environment. I kept thinking about haze and cloudy days and this specific time of the year in relations with increased levels of UFO activity and I was wondering about all that.
Sorry if your thing might not be the UFOs, but your reference about moisture was interesting. Also sorry to the OP if I appear posting slightly of topic.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

That's an interesting perspective and I have to admit there seems to be something in what you say. However I think it's more complex than that. I think the research is going on behind closed doors in the west by the military. It is then seeded East where it can be used for profit in countries where institutions can more easily be corrupted.

Now you've made me aware of this, I will hopefully be able to see it more readily. I've noticed a number of your posts recently that have made me stop and slap my fore.. Keep it up mate.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You are welcome. Of course I have no problem from where anyone might be coming from, my intention is to break down elements and analyze them when I come across an interesting story and this one rang a bell since it reaffirmed a pattern I kept observing and I was wondering about all that.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
I have seen numerous threads with scientific breakthroughs and I can't help but to observe a pattern IMO.
While the research happens in the western institutions (mainly in America) I keep observing Asian, mainly Chinese names which are cited in the news regarding those breakthroughs, with every opportunity.

It actually kicked around and started to spin, and without friction, it could spin faster and faster, and we think that made it even more disoriented," said researcher Yuanming Liu, a physicist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena,

A plastic cage was also designed by physicist Da-Ming Zhu at the University of Missouri, Kansas City, to keep the mice in during levitation

www.livescience.com...

Is this by chance?
Is it intentional?
Is it a part of a ploy of directing cutting edge science from western institutions across to the East?
Who chooses these people for this kind of cutting edge research?
Who decides about which cutting edge scientific breakthroughs the public will take notice of, since there are probably numerous other achievements we never learn anything about?

Sorry if my questions come across as a bit weird but I am puzzled from these patterns.

I agree with you, It is being seriously looked at by the govt. and military but not to much in the public in the US. I believe that one they want to keep people in the US ignorant in order to control them (Isn't it any wonder we see larger percentage of foreign nationals in our graduate level classes and alot of them going into the harder degrees in physics and math and science). Other countries are trying to build a future for themselves and are willing to look at anything that will do the trick. While in our country the powers that be would rather keep things simple in order to control the populace and keep whatever advances to themselves. Edward Leedskalnin and others have found out how to levitate large objects and it has died with them. I believe sooner rather than later we will find out how it was done (I believe it may be some form of sound resounance).

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Actually, I do keep an eye on UFO stuff now and again... Brings up something else- Makes ya wonder how this may be connected with UFOs and their 'thirst' (oh, yah. BAD pun) for water- hovering over lakes, the ocean, ect ect ect.

And dare I say it, a small % of some crop circles... if ANYTHING has water stored in it... Crop plants would- not to mention the planned and usually tidy irrigation systems... I cant get off the fence concerning crop circles, but it does make one wonder...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hog. cheese

As someone who has novel ideas- I can tell you, the normal Joe Couch Potato, when presented with anything that doesn't give him a more powerful remote, brings him beer, or gets his fast food to him any faster, Or makes sports/ sex night with the woman any more enjoyable, He don't wanna hear about it. In fact, you get ridiculed no end.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azuredrake

Originally posted by getreadyalready A 10lb machine to levitate a 4 oz mouse would not work.

"A 5oz bird CANNOT carry a 1lb coconut!"

...sorry, what you said just reminded me of that quote.

African or European?

But if he grasped it by the husks..........

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Interesting thoughts you have.

So it might be, water molecules as the catalyst and sound that is tuning its resonance. Sounds plausible. I wonder what would happen to mercury if you put it through such an environment which behaves both as a solid and as a liquid.

[offtopic]]

Antigravity will get you only that far. What is required for a solid to travel very fast from one point to another might be another matter. We could make a "door" but have no way of creating a material or exciting it in a state to pass through it. Or we could have a material that could do this and don't have a way of opening a "door" to send it through (creating a shortcut through known physical laws) and if we had the required know how for both achievements, we wouldn't have a way to manage the environment remotely (if needs to be managed) in order to send this material to a trip with multiple way points, (restarting the entire cycle each time) from planet to planet and back for instance. There is a whole new science that is missing.

[/offtopic]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ya know... This hasn't got a thing to do with making water float away, but for funsies once, I had a motor, and 2 magnets. One was a large 'donut' magnet, and the other was smaller, and fit just inside the bigger one. I took the smaller one- it had a hole in it, too, shoved onto the shaft of a motor- put it inside the bigger magnet, held the whole affair with my fingers,and put the contacts onto a 9 volt battery. What happened next was... well- weird ish. Both magnets got cold- refrigerator cold! Then, the larger donut magnet shattered. I didn't redo the experiment, because finding a good magnet was hard to find, I didn't feel like messing with a rig to mount the stuff up right, (yes, I am a lazy so and so), and this was right around the time I was listening to the crap coming out of my ex boss' mouth.. " that was just from air passing around the magnet on the motor, that's all" The man was a mental midget, but he 'knew it all' One day, I really gotta give out his take on refraction, reflection, light, and the position of someone's eyes seeing the same object. People will probably wanna slap me for hanging out with him. :-p - and kinda dropped and forgot it, except for the occasional "hmmm- I wonder what would happen if I did that up right...."

I have 2 magnets that'll do the trick, and I saw a motor at the hobby shop that's just right.... I may decide to throw this thing back together and let it run to the bloody, gruesome, possibly magnet shard throwing end.
Was it just air passing thru the magnets that made them cold? Did I discover something actually science worthy? Will Batman and Robin escape the Joker's evil- oh, wait. Nevermind that last part.

Still... anyone with any knowledge of magnetism got any ideas on this? More importantly- why did the larger magnet shatter? It didn't explode, mind you, it just went crack, and I had pieces of magnet, that of course, had to get stuck to the one on the motor.... It split into 3-4 pieces.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by wylekat]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jkrog08

The object being levitated has to be within the magnetic field which is created by the device. Magnetic levitation cannot be used as a propulsion device, it would be the same as lifting yourself up by your own bootstraps.

The article is a bit misleading to talk about this and gravity in the same breath. The weight of the mice is being counteracted by the magnetic field. The force of gravity is not being affected.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by Phage]

what if our body's own magnetic field produced by our nervous system was raised to a magnificent level by a genetic change.. and our bones change as well to a substance that would not degenerate?

junk DNA my a$$!

('morgellons' sufferers report a massively raised 'electrical-magnetic' phenomenon going on in their bodies and even tests show the proof of such reports...)

unlock that there secret and "lift ourselves up by our own bootstraps indeed!" by tarnation!

ah phage, you've much to be shown what for in the near future!

... just wait...

-

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

what if our body's own magnetic field produced by our nervous system was raised to a magnificent level by a genetic change..

All our credit cards would be screwed up, and we'd never be able to get good cellphone reception ever again!
Not to mention we'd be banned from using computers at the library, and....

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

... we'd get covered with little bits of iron?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
S&F

This is what we should of had years ago, but for some reason technology these days has been reduced to a snall crawl.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
IMO technology hasnt been reduced to a snails crawl, the "release" of technology has. If we look at the parameters of our global society and its rule of "for profit" under which we live daily, we are given limited access to what we "should" consider consuming to generate a profit for the participating corporations and their interests. IMO this technology is ancient, its referenced in biblical and suppressed writings from eons gone by. The nationality of the researchers could show controlled geographical movements away from developed populations, just like the controlled movement of monetary generation through product production over the years, levitation through wave length manipulation, from wherever within the entire spectrum or magnetic field induced is truly facinating. The benefit of such technology to improved life is enormous, releasing such a find to a populace you need to control, will never happen. Pretty awesome though.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

My first reaction reading this .line was: it's about time scientists levitating something, anything!

Then reading the article I wondered a bit because I do not think that levitation has much to do with magnetic/anti-magnetic forces.

Not saying it's impossible to ' move ' objects by magnetic force but I simply do not think that that IS Levitation as it should be.

Magnetism is a field of forces that either pull or push away matter.

Isn't gravity and anti-gravity another force field then magnetism? I believe it is. Doesn't a magnetic force behaves ' weird ' in a gravity field?
I think so.

There's a difference between Levitation within a Magnetic field of within a Gravity field.

I'm not a scientist but I doubt that Levitation by Magnetic Force is Healthy for Biological Cells. It can have a negative influence on Living Matter (cells).

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

no no ....those are great questions. That is what I love about this site. Insite. Thinker's we have here. Keep em'coming

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I thought they already did this with a frog

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join