It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Hacked My Facebook!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok, so, this actually happened to both my fiance and me today...

We tried to log into our Facebook profiles, and all of a sudden, we got the response that we were entering an incorrect password.

After trying a number of times to log in, making sure everything was exact (but I KNOW I typed it in correctly the first time, because I type it often), we both had to reset our passwords.

It was a very strange occurrence for me, for it has never happened before.

Any thoughts, or did anything similar happen to anyone else today?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Did you give your username or password to any phishing site or such? If so, then your account might be hacked into. Better contact the site administrators for help.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Mine worked fine..no problems

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by undefy.gravity

Lately facebook is working strange.
Sometimes I loggin- and my wall looks all upsidedown- (old messages up and new messages down)- I think this has to do with allowing access to some sh/ty applications...

About what you are saying regarding the password..it happened to me once- I couldn't access my profile- it said incorrect password a few times and then a msg saying my account was going under mantainance pop up.
And later on, everything was fine.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If you have the new App "fan page" or have been tagged in it, Block it,
Its a virus that is going around face book at the moment,

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
mine has the same problem,i guess i have to reset the password

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Pretty unlikely you were actually "hacked" if you never gave out your password. After you were able to log in, did you notice anything different about your profile?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Facebook has been seriously MESSED UP lately. I don't know what is going on, but they seem to be having some serious technical issues. This could just be a further one.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There is a piece of software or a script that's floating around out there which enables pranksters to cause your Facebook password to be reset. It doesn't give them access to your new password, so it's more of a nuisance than an outright threat. All that happens is you try to log in and can't, so then you have to go throught the process of getting Facebook to send you an e-mail so you can reset your password. It's happened to me several times.

top topics

join