It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalyptic Dream Last Night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying that I make no claims of this dream being in any way prophetic. Still, I thought it was interesting enough that I would share it.

I live in NorthEast Texas and was standing in my kitchen in my dream. I don't live near any major population centers or the like. The nearest major city is Shreveport (~90 miles away) and Dallas (~120 miles away). I don't remember which window I was looking out when I saw this, but I was staring out the window of my kitchen and saw in the distance a bright flash, followed by a mushroom cloud. I knew it was far away, far enough away that the actual blast shouldn't reach my house. I guess it must have been in the Dallas direction, because I remember worrying a bit that the winds would carry the fallout in my direction and the weather and storms usually travel from west to east here. Still, while I knew that it SHOULD have been far enough away to not directly affect us, I shortly saw an immense wall of white rushing across the land towards us. I felt an intense urge to make sure that every window and door was shut. I managed to secure them all just as the whiteness reached us. It passed over the house, but as far as I could tell didn't do any damage. I looked back into the distance and I could see the mushroom cloud from the explosion slowly dissipating.

There was a jump in the dream at this point, like changing a channel. I was still somewhere near my home, but now there was horrible flooding everywhere. My family had gotten our hands on a school bus and were desperately trying to move north where it would be safe. I remember that we were trying to make it to a place in Minnesota, because it was safe there. It was very far north, close to the Canadian border. I remember that there were lots of vehicles and people trying to make this trip. We'd allowed a lot of kids to take refuge with us in the bus. There were times where we had to drive through extremely deep water, sometimes even getting out and pushing the bus to get it to the other side. We finally made it to our destination and the last thing I remember was walking through the forest with my uncle, to a dirt road that crossed the border. We had brought a gun to keep ourselves safe, but he was telling me that the border patrol wouldn't allow us across the border without a special sticker on the gun.

So anyway, that's the dreams I had. Anyone have any thoughts?

**EDIT: Fixed a spelling error.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by BriggsBU]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriggsBU
Let me preface this by saying that I make no claims of this dream being in any way prophetic. Still, I thought it was interesting enough that I would share it.

I live in NorthEast Texas and was standing in my kitchen in my dream. I don't live near any major population centers or the like. The nearest major city is Shreveport (~90 miles away) and Dallas (~120 miles away). I don't remember which window I was looking out when I saw this, but I was staring out the window of my kitchen and saw in the distance a bright flash, followed by a mushroom cloud. I knew it was far away, far enough away that the actual blast shouldn't reach my house. I guess it must have been in the Dallas direction, because I remember worrying a bit that the winds would carry the fallout in my direction and the weather and storms usually travel from west to east here. Still, while I knew that it SHOULD have been far enough away to not directly affect us, I shortly saw an immense wall of white rushing across the land towards us. I felt an intense urge to make sure that every window and door was shut. I managed to secure them all just as the whiteness reached us. It passed over the house, but as far as I could tell didn't do any damage. I looked back into the distance and I could see the mushroom cloud from the explosion slowly dissipating.

There was a jump in the dream at this point, like changing a channel. I was still somewhere near my home, but now there was horrible flooding everywhere. My family had gotten our hands on a school bus and were desperately trying to move north where it would be safe. I remember that we were trying to make it to a place in Minnesota, because it was safe there. It was very far north, close to the Canadian border. I remember that there were lots of vehicles and people trying to make this trip. We'd allowed a lot of kids to take refuge with us in the bus. There were times where we had to drive through extremely deep water, sometimes even getting out and pushing the bus to get it to the other side. We finally made it to our destination and the last thing I remember was walking through the forest with my uncle, to a dirt road that crossed the boarder. We had brought a gun to keep ourselves safe, but he was telling me that the border patrol wouldn't allow us across the border without a special sticker on the gun.

So anyway, that's the dreams I had. Anyone have any thoughts?

from my point of view.. our dreams are only our reflections of our toughs.

hehe

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

Perhaps, but I found it interesting because I've never had such dreams before. That, and I hadn't really been thinking about anything apocalyptic.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

Interesting dream BriggsBU.

Have any of your other dreams ever come true? If so, what were they about and what happened?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I had one dream once that sort of came true. I dreamed that a friend's car was destroyed in the school parking lot (blew up). In actuality, it was just involved in a minor collision near the school about a week later. Didn't total it, but it was in the shop for a fair while.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

It's interesting that your other dream came true to a lesser extent than the original dream. Hopefully the same thing will happen if this last dream comes true. Hopefully nothing bad will happen and no one will get hurt in the future. It is very nice of you to share your dream with the rest of us. Thanks and be safe.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Your dream "grabbed" me because I have had many dreams in the past which were EXPLICITLY detailed in every way and which came to pass ... but, I didn't get the 'feeling' your dream is predictive in the way it 'seems'.

My gut feeling is there MIGHT be something wrong with your mole. Does it sting or itch? Has it changed size, colour or shape recently? I know, this is an odd reply in that it's the mole that concerned me more than the dream ... but, I do know from my own past that EOTWAWKI dreams generally follow intense periods of study in eschatology (spelling?) and are slightly less vibrant than the predictive dreams.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above disturbs me a little...I have pretty bad feeling about the upcoming months... Especially with it being 8 years since 9-11, and they seem to strike in 8 year increments. Also there was that report released a few months ago that stated that there was a 75% chance that within the next 4 years we would see a nuclear attack.

So in short yes, your dream could have some significance...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brian777

The above disturbs me a little...I have pretty bad feeling about the upcoming months... Especially with it being 8 years since 9-11, and they seem to strike in 8 year increments. Also there was that report released a few months ago that stated that there was a 75% chance that within the next 4 years we would see a nuclear attack.

So where is the link to the report.or did you just make that up to go with your post?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

.. What mole? O_o I didn't mention any kind of mole.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

Originally posted by Brian777

So where is the link to the report.or did you just make that up to go with your post?

Here you go, sorry to burst your bubble. What did I make up?
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Hmmmm - I see the bubbling mole is gone; and the part about lying face down with hands over the head. Hmmmmm - I have no idea where the mole came from or went to!
Sowwy!

Either:
1. The mole was edited out.
2. My reply goes to a nearly identical dream-post on ATS (reference a nuke in Dallas) that I read yesterday and cannot find now.
3. I ate too many of these Cajun Trail Mix snacks and fried my brain!

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Most bizarre. I never wrote anything about a bubbling mole or lying facedown with hands over my head. The edit that I did was just changing the word "boarder" to "border". Nothing else.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I believe you! Even the sounds and smells are missing.

Idea #4 - perhaps I had a vivid dream last night that I read this post! Joking/Kidding - I hope - maybe - or am I? Dunno. Oh well.

new topics

top topics

join