It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What is happiness?

Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.[1] A variety of philosophical, religious, psychological and biological approaches have striven to define happiness and identify its sources.

en.wikipedia.org...

~Simple word... yet a powerful meaning~

I'm tired of feeling "neutral or sad" as if the world around me is numbing me (all the hate, war, status, egos, materialism, suffering.... people). We talk as if it's an accident that's causing all this, yet we forget to see our own relection in the mirror... it's not an outside source causing all this pain, it's US... the people!

Let's change that... starts with U!

PAUSE.... take a DEEP breath... SMILE!

Life is just too short, you'll miss out on it's beauty with just a blink of an eye!

The Science of Happiness

To psychological researchers, happiness is life experience marked by a preponderance of positive emotion. Feelings of happiness and thoughts of satisfaction with life [1] are two prime components of subjective well-being (SWB).

www.scholarpedia.org...

“You hope to free up people in their lives,” says Langer, “so they will take more chances and live more before they die.”

harvardmagazine.com...

Happiness is the true fulfillment of one's purpose or place in this world!

[edit on 9-9-2009 by freighttrain]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by freighttrain]

new topics

join