British UFO Mystery UNSOLVED SINCE 1993

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This video is deals with what I believe to be the most important UFO event to happen in the UK .
Part one deals with Rendlesham forest , but from part two onwards it deals with the RAF Cosford , RAF Shawbury incident , an event that I believe to be the best evidence that the UK has been visited by ET , and the event that turned Nick Pope from skeptic to believer.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If ETs were around I think they would be all over the place and going
to America like everyone else.

Since I see nothing since biblical times of ETs we have only Spielberg to
blame.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

blame.

You see nothing since Biblical times ? , Have you not seen the N.A.S.A footage .the Phoenix Lights and some of the Mexico Orb footage , all Unidentified Flying Objects .
Spielberg is to blame , so your saying people are sheep and only see UFOs because they have watched some Sci-Fi movies , come on my friend give us more credit than that .

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Since the video in the OP is just the first of 5, I wanted to post links to the remaining 4 videos too. They are well worth a look.

Part 2/5:
www.youtube.com...
Part 3/5:
www.youtube.com...
Part 4/5:
www.youtube.com...
Part 5/5:
www.youtube.com...

You can also read about "The Cosford Incident" (which turned Nick Pope from skeptic to believer) at his website:

On 30 and 31 March 1993 there was a series of UFO sightings in the UK involving over a hundred witnesses. Many of these were police officers and military personnel. The UFO also flew directly over two RAF bases. What follows is the extraordinary story of what has been dubbed The British UFO Mystery.

Overview
The first sighting took place on 30 March at around 8.30pm in Somerset. This was followed by a sighting at 9pm in the Quantock Hills. The witness was a police officer who, together with a group of scouts, had seen a craft that he described as looking "like two Concordes flying side by side and joined together". The reports came in thick and fast and when I arrived at work the following morning I received a steady stream of reports. It was soon clear that I had a major UFO event on my hands. One of the most interesting reports came from a member of the public in Rugely, Staffordshire, who reported a UFO that he estimated as being 200 metres in diameter. He and other family members told me how they had chased the object in their car and got extremely close to it, believing it had landed in a nearby field. When they got there a few seconds later, there was nothing to be seen. Many of the descriptions related to a triangular-shaped craft or of the lights perceived as being on the underside of such a craft. Indeed, in an apparent coincidence these sighting occurred three years to the very day after the famous wave of sightings in Belgium that had led to F-16 fighters being scrambled to intercept a UFO being tracked on radar.

More here: www.nickpope.net...

Further reading:
Article in Fortean Times 2005
The MoD Investigation
Detailed sightings reports

And also article by Gary Anthony & Chris Fowler (2006):

A space debris re-entry of satellite rocket booster (R/B) 22586 from Cosmos 2238 occurred over Ireland, Devon, and Belgium around 01:10 am local time on the 31st March 1993. Undoubtedly this re-entry caused most of the sightings.

UFOs of March 30th/31st 1993 Explained!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thanx ziggystar nice work , It always amazes me why Renlesham gets all the press and the Cosford - Shawbury incident is largely forgotten , of the two I think the latter is the more credible .

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Nice, though i still believe the dechmont law ufo case is one of the most intriguing and literally on my back door.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Agreed , I have seen a more detailed account of this case in a UFO documentary somewhere , cant remember which one though { seen so many
} , but he is one of those characters who had nothing to gain from his story and for me was very credible .

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

blame.

You see nothing since Biblical times ? , Have you not seen the N.A.S.A footage .the Phoenix Lights and some of the Mexico Orb footage , all Unidentified Flying Objects .
Spielberg is to blame , so your saying people are sheep and only see UFOs because they have watched some Sci-Fi movies , come on my friend give us more credit than that .

And you have us believe the bible UFOs are flying around in NASA videos.
And you hotly object to Tesla UFO of course.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm actually from Shrewsbury which is in between both RAF Cosford and RAF Shawbury and I remember my dad telling me about this when it happened I was interested in UFO's after watching E.T.

I even remember the headline in the local paper all though the Shropshire Star didn't cover it as far as I can remember but I was only 6.

I personally have never seen anything out of the ordinary around either of these two bases but about 30 miles to the south east I saw two orbs circling and flashing the hill side with what looked like searchlights, they did this for around 15 minutes before disappering.

This is about 4 years ago now, I actually reported it to Nick Pope and BUFORA via their respective websites and he replied quite promptly and sent me some information about the 'Shawbury Incident'. His email below:

"Joshua,

Thank you for your email and for telling me about the strange lights you and your friends witnessed. Clearly no conventional explanation springs to mind.

There have been plenty of UFO sightings in Shropshire over the years. Brief details of sightings reported to the MoD in recent years are available here:

www.mod.uk...

There are few details and all areas of the UK are covered, but you could always make a FOIA request for further details (i.e. the original reports and any related documents) of any Shropshire sightings. Email das-ufo-office@mod.uk if you want to take this forward.

Despite being known as The Cosford Incident, one of the UK's most famous waves of UFO sightings included a very interesting report from RAF Shawbury in Shropshire. The entire MoD casefile is available online, here:

www.mod.uk...
You might also want to contact the British UFO Research Association, either about your own sighting or concerning sightings in Shropshire more generally. You can contact them at their enquiries@bufora.org.uk email address.

Finally, despite your comment about the local papers, the Shropshire Star have run a few UFO stories over the years, so might be worth contacting.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Nick Pope."

There might be something of interest to you in those links especially the lower one.

Joshua.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Nightworker]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Nightworker]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightworker

I live between Cosford and Shawbury which is why I have had an interest in this case for a few years now , The Shropshire Star has over the last couple of years had a UFO Watch section on there web site , i have just checked it out and as luck would have it there is an article on the Cosford , Shawbury incident , giving the recent F.O.I.A release explanation of the Aurora secret US spy plane as the possible culprit .

www.shropshirestar.com...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by gortex]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That's interesting, I'll keep an eye on that.

Nice find.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
UFOs of March 30th/31st 1993 Explained!

Great find there Ziggy

I'd like to know your opinion on the "UFOs of March 30th/31st 1993 Explained!" link you gave us?

I previously had only read the reports that had been declassified in the national archives here :-

DEFE 24/2086

Where it does mention the sighting of a 'UFO' by a meteorlogical officer at RAF Shawbury (the nearest base to RAF Cosford); between one hour and twenty/fourty-minutes after a sighting of some lights by RAF police and guards at RAF Cosford. The web article you linked does make mention of the met officer's report. Which when scrutinised by the author of the web article, does make the report far less compelling that it was a genuine top secret/E.T craft in origin. Although the strange thing is the met officer describes (to one of the Corporals who witness the UFOat RAF Cosford) the object moving '"erratically" at "hundreds of miles per hour", where he further states "unlike any aircraft".

As seen here :-

Link one

His written statement is here it seems :-

Link two.

Now the sceptic on your link asked a police officer about the sort of helicopters that would have been used by the police forces at the time. He says they would be an American model with one port red light, one green starboard light and one rear red flashing light for anti-collision measures. Although the met officer says he saw two red lights with one flashing red light behind and a projected white beam? The sceptic also says that a radar contact was detected around the time, heading over RAF Shawbury at an altitude of at least 20,000 feet. Although the met officer dd say he could see two lights rather than one. Which one would expect to see of an aircraft at that height.

What do you make of it?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Retro~Burn]

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Retro~Burn]

new topics

top topics

join