It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The NSA Watching You? Learn How To Check Your Computer To Find Out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I Friend sent this to me a while back; at the time I was in Honduras. I was interested in trying to figure out why my browser would always attach US GOVT at the end of a web page address; I have had other oddities occurring, but that's a whole other story.

Any ways my Friend sent these instructions; they appeared to work, but that was around 8 months ago.

I guess We are always being watched; remember We are Free as long as We stay in line

Peace,

Sancho

Is the NSA watching you? Run this free check on your computer to find out.

Paranoid? Maybe. But don’t you want to know if big brother is watching your web traffic? If so, run this simple test.

If you’re a Windows user, fire up an MS-DOS command prompt. Now type tracert followed by the domain name of the website, e-mail host, VoIP switch, or whatever destination you’re interested in. Watch as the program spits out your route, line by line:

C:\> tracert nsa.gov

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 12.110.110.204
[...]
7 11 ms 14 ms 10 ms as-0-0.bbr2.SanJose1.Level3.net [64.159.0.218]
8 13 12 19 ms ae-23-56.car3.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.68.123.173]
9 18 ms 16 ms 16 ms 192.205.33.17
10 88 ms 92 ms 91 ms tbr2-p012201.sffca.ip.att.net [12.123.13.186]
11 88 ms 90 ms 88 ms tbr1-cl2.sl9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.10.41]
12 89 ms 97 ms 89 ms tbr1-cl4.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.10.29]
13 89 ms 88 ms 88 ms ar2-a3120s6.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.123.8.65]
14 102 ms 93 ms 112 ms 12.127.209.214
15 94 ms 94 ms 93 ms 12.110.110.13
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * *

The magic string you’re looking for is sffca.ip.att.net. If it’s present immediately above or below a non-att.net entry, then — by Klein’s allegations — your packets are being copied into room 641A, and from there, illegally, to the NSA.

Have a questionable IP, track it for free here:

www.urgentclick.com...

Disclaimer: I have no clue if this still works; Oh, and I did an ATS search; didn't find anything.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Interesting!!! I have several strings on here, but I don't see the specific nsa one that you are referring too.

Here is a list of the IP's that I do have, does anybody know where each one is from? Probably just secret nsa ip addresses, since we are all aware of what they are really up to

Here are the five letter prefixes attached to each IP address as shown below:
sffca.ip.att.ne

la2ca
slkut
dvmco
cgcil
n54ny

[edit on 9-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All I'm getting is a bunch of time outs.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I get a site called the seattle data center and another called houston data centre when I try it. All the others end in my suppliers name so I figure those are ok.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I got Dallas-Datacenter once. Wtf is that? lol
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

Its a web hosting sight for businesses and by the way tracing a route is not going to detect packet sniffing on a computer since anyone of the computers you use when routing to a destination could be sending a copy somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I got...
sffca.ip.att.net
followed by a bunch of wash.savvis.net

You sure about this shiznizzle??????

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi all

The traceroute command shows one of many, possible routes of information between two points.

About that trace route presented at the beginning, fear nothing,
the "sffca.ip.att.net" it's another node of hardware that's all.

If network sniffing where to be done, it would not appear in the traceroute command or in any other network command.

A network sniffer is a transparent node it will not appear anywhere.

That e-mail that you received is a hoax, sorry.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

A hacker buddy sent it to me. I have complete confidence in the validity of the information; I trust the source.

Like I wrote in the OP, out of the States in not so "cooperative" places, weird stuff keeps showing up on my computer, out of thin air.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
well ... I will ask you a question

suppose you want to access ATS

> so, you need to do this tracert and see if this node that the hacker said is presented in the route ( sffca.ip.att.net )

[ I mean, IF YOU BELIEVE IN THIS "HACKER, THAT THE NODE REALLY IS A SPY SERVER" )

you need to understand that, for each website that you try to access, the information will go by different places .. so, if only when you access a government site, your information is filtered and copied by the government ... man, for me its OK ... it would be a way to secure their system ...

Another thing: every sensible website should have some kind of security, this way, they would filter and copy all the information you send to them, its a way to prevent frm attacks

Yet another thing: BUT, if you put a spy server inside the ISP, this would copy everything that everyone does, man, this would be a crime and it would be a serious subject really

But again, how can we know that this node that the hacker presented is a spy node? really, we cant know ... you can do your test and see ... but you JUST CANNOT test this only when you try to access a government website, you need to TEST EVERY website you access!!!

yes, I study this kind of things

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Faiol]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by KOGDOG

A hacker buddy sent it to me. I have complete confidence in the validity of the information; I trust the source.

Like i have said, network sniffer node is transparent, invisible.
If a network technician can do it easily, don't NSA knows how to do it better?

From my past, that was possible to do it with a single cable of ethernet Cat 5 and 3 RJ-45 :-).

But the real thing now is fiber.....

Ask your buddy if he is a hacker, well he should know it better.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I forgot to say ... really, I think this is a hoax ... !!

Originally posted by crustas

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by KOGDOG

Like i have said, network sniffer node is transparent, invisible.
If a network technician can do it easily, don't NSA knows how to do it better?

From my past, that was possible to do it with a single cable of ethernet Cat 5 and 3 RJ-45 :-).

But the real thing now is fiber.....

Ask your buddy if he is a hacker, well he should know it better.

yes ... kind of too much trouble to get some packets ... really, they could do in many ways differently .. since they would have access to everything and almost every node in the us

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It is a hoax. Believe me, if the NSA wants to snoop on you..nobody is going to know about it until the MiBs kick in your door.

Sniffers are invisible. They receive information, copy/alter (for alter, see "man-in-the-middle attack") and send it right along to its intended destination.

That's not to mention all the backdoors that Micro$haft has likely installed for gov't use. Linux systems work...but to be 100% sure you have to write/compile your own kernel and that is *not* easy. The only way to remain completely anonymous is to remain unplugged or to utilize a used laptop that you paid cash for at a yard sale and then use a free wifi hotspot. Discard laptop afterwards, preferably by fire.

Also..the only way to truly erase data is to physically destroy the HDD platters. Remember that. Deleting only erases the inode information...that is, the information that tells the HDD *where* to find your hentai clip.

net(work security)warrior

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Lol, silly noobs.

Netwarrior is correct.
Nobody would know until it is too late.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by h1satsu]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Some good information in replies here, Sancho. Your brothers and sisters on ATS are taking good care of you.

A tracert (trace route) is not going to indicate to you anything other than the 'path' your packets are taking to reach the destination. This should change frequently.

If you wanted to make sure NSA wasn't tracking you, why would you even WANT to tracert to one of their machines? Seems like that would be saying 'hey, here I am!'

When you execute a traceroute command (ie traceroute www.yahoo.com), your machine sends out 3 UDP packets with a TTL (Time-to-Live) of 1. When those packets reach the next hop router, it will decrease the TTL to 0 and thus reject the packet. It will send an ICMP Time-to-Live Exceeded (Type 11), TTL equal 0 during transit (Code 0) back to your machine - with a source address of itself, therefore you now know the address of the first router in the path.

Next your machine will send 3 UDP packets with a TTL of 2, thus the first router that you already know passes the packets on to the next router after reducing the TTL by 1 to 1. The next router decreases the TTL to 0, thus rejecting the packet and sending the same ICMP Time-to-Live Exceeded with its address as the source back to your machine. Thus you now know the first 2 routers in the path.

This keeps going until you reach the destination. Since you are sending UDP packets with the destination address of the host you are concerned with, once it gets to the destination the UDP packet is wanting to connect to the port that you have sent as the destination port, since it is an uncommon port, it will most like be rejected with an ICMP Destination Unreachable (Type 3), Port Unreachable (Code 3). This ICMP message is sent back to your machine, which will understand this as being the last hop, therefore traceroute will exit, giving you the hops between you and the destination.

Source

(that would be your system SENDING a packet to an NSA system. Not sure why anyone would want to do that. OF COURSE they would be interested in you then!)

Now, if you tracert to DIFFERENT hosts, yahoo, google, cnn, etc, and you STILL get the NSA host listed in there, I might be concerned.

I think you have been given good information, Sancho.

Most accounts claim it is impossible to detect a sniffer operating inline with you and a destination and it is very true that your packets could be copied at any hop along the way.

I am not 100% certain that a sniffer is completely undetectable, when it is not in your immediate, physical vicinity, but I have no sources to back up my very tiny amount of skepticism, only shady conversations that are of no use here.

There are plenty of other worries out there, my friend. With the implementation of Einstein 3, recently announced, and undoubtedly many OTHER systems that have not, or will not EVER be announced, it is understood that if not NOW, soon, every thing done anywhere online at any time will be recorded and analysed.

(I really like the one about burning the laptop after you use it. Awesome. That's some serious precaution!)

Peace, My Brotha.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Tracert (or traceroute) prints a list of the servers your traffic is routed through to reach it's destination.

The specific address mentioned in the OP is arbitrary, and the fact that it appears in any given traceroute output means nothing without proof that that particular machine is controlled by the NSA. Also, routes aren't static. The route traffic takes to reach a given address one time could change the next time, so if this really is an NSA snooped machine, the data it collects would be random and there would be no reliable way for them to 'attract' certain traffic (based on either end-destination or origin).

Is there any proof that that address is linked to the NSA? Did I miss something?

[edit on 10-9-2009 by avingard]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by h1satsu
I got Dallas-Datacenter once. Wtf is that? lol
2nd line.

man i got dallas datacenter too.. $hiiiit hahaha

top topics

join